corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I think there is something wrong with me

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I think there is something wrong with me
Nath

User status: Offline
11th Mar 11 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul you have a strange outlook on life. There's more to life than a job and 6 figure salary.
Russ

11th Mar 11 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it Paul_J's parents are wasters, or there'd be no Paul_J. Conundrum.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Mar 11 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I only need to interact with my nephews or my friends' children for a few minutes to know that cars and holidays are shit and furtherance of the population is where it's at.

i dont get these feelings at all

yet
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Mar 11 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah took me a while.

I would guess it will happen.

Biggest problem is that for our generation, by the time you want it you're rather old to be doing it.
baza31

11th Mar 11 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people must have lived a shallow life with the narrow minded views . I can tell by reading posts who's half grown up . We could all argue all day long. Do whatever you want and live and let live. Each person is different and that's all there is to it .
Paul_J

11th Mar 11 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Paul you have a strange outlook on life. There's more to life than a job and 6 figure salary.

Exactly... you need to go live it. Do things. Travel the world. etc.

I guess it comes down to what your aims in life are. It's like when you speak to people who say they'd get bored if they won the lottery. Clearly they live very boring lives already and have no aims they want to achieve.

When you have kids, you really stop living your life and start living for your kids. That's fine if you've lived a good life and done the things you want to do...

I'm not against having kids, I just think for the 'educated' / ambitious people in this world who want to go and do things they've always wanted to do - they'll end up having kids far later than the average person.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Mar 11 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is life not more rewarding if you work for things?

Surely building your car is more fun because you've done it yourself, more rewarding because you suffered in the cold, worked late nights etc.

I would think you should appreciate the car more because you didn't just pay someone to do the work and not worry about the bill.

What is the aim in winning the lottery? Lots of money? That isn't happiness.

Jake

11th Mar 11 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

life is about reproducing. go ahead and do what you want in life but eventually its what you should be doing. id want a couple of little jakes knocking about to keep your kids kids in order when shit hits the fan in 2050
AndyKent

11th Mar 11 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by Nath

Exactly... you need to go live it. Do things. Travel the world. etc.

snip....

You make out that when people have kids they've just given up.

I agree for the proper wasters who have had kids as a result of random nights out, but for a lot of people having a fast car or a big house doesn't matter.

Same with having dogs/cats I guess - some people are happier knowing that something relies on them for their well-being rather than just living for themselves.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Mar 11 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having a big house and loads of cars and no wife or children is actually fairly a scary thought.

I hope I'm right in saying I'll be content with a mediocre house, at least some cars and some kids who love me that I can turn in to little clever handsome people and have some pride in.

Travelling around the world for what - some photos for Facebook?

Doesn't even compare for me. Obviously different people have different feelings about that.
Nath

11th Mar 11 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet raising a family is more fulfilling than travelling.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Mar 11 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on your outlook, obviously it's not for those people who have made it in life.

Ben G

11th Mar 11 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't particularly want kids any time soon or want to get married.

i don't see what they would give me apart from headaches, sleepless nights and rows between me and the missus.

same with marriage. what will it achieve? it will make her family happy as they are very traditional but i couldn't care less and wouldn't want to spend 20k+ on a bit of paper just to say we did what everyone else does.

i'm 22 (23 next month) , happy in my life at the moment and see no need to make it more complicated. i'm quite a private sort of person and enjoy being with family but i also like having my own time/space to do what i want to do, rather then running around for everyone else.

[Edited on 11-03-2011 by Ben G]
Nath

11th Mar 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Depends on your outlook, obviously it's not for those people who have made it in life.

I'd like a wife, kids, nice cars, nice home, and good job. It's all possible. If I get married and have a kid my ambitions won't change, they'll adapt.
Skinz

11th Mar 11 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Having a big house and loads of cars and no wife or children is actually fairly a scary thought.

I hope I'm right in saying I'll be content with a mediocre house, at least some cars and some kids who love me that I can turn in to little clever handsome people and have some pride in.

Travelling around the world for what - some photos for Facebook?

Doesn't even compare for me. Obviously different people have different feelings about that.

I have a four year old and having kids is hard work and it does change your life, I can't do all things I want to always do but it's about working together as a couple, you can still do some of the thing you want.

But for me having a little you sat there saying how much he loves you and seeing him grow up is amazing, we've worked hard at making sure he has manners and when someone tells you how well mannered he is and how lovely he is when he tells his teacher he's really sorry for breaking a pencil is makes you feel proud that he knows right from wrong, it's a special feeling.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Mar 11 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he broke a pencil
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Mar 11 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Skinz
when he tells his teacher he's really sorry for breaking a pencil is makes you feel proud that he knows right from wrong, it's a special feeling.
This.
AK

11th Mar 11 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont understand people that dont want kids

I'm 32 and feel I'm ready. Yes, some hobbies will need to be toned down for a few years but thats life!
Simon

11th Mar 11 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many Kg will a baby seat add to the skyline?
Ben J

11th Mar 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I have to agree with Steve

I get the feeling sometimes that the people who are having kids / settling down young, do not have anything else to live for. e.g. They don't earn much money / have a job and therefore won't have the chance to much else in their life. Essentially wasters.

Then there's another half of society, who generally try to achieve at life, do things they want to enjoy, live their dreams. These people often do want kids, but want to wait / never feel ready ...

I expect loads of older 'parents' this generation.

Although unfortunately in the meanwhile the doll / jobless scum will continue to breed and have two kids by the time they're 15.

Pmsl. What a load of bollocks.

I'm 30, got a 2 year old. I eran good money, my wife earns a very good salary. We've both been to uni, lived "life". Also both travelled extensively and seen the world. And have no intention of that stopping. Where do we fit in?

[Edited on 11-03-2011 by Ben J]

[Edited on 11-03-2011 by Ben J]
Ben G

11th Mar 11 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
I dont understand people that dont want kids

i've personally seen the effect having kids has had on my mum and dad. yes they'e still together but their relationship has been strained for years, the amount of arguments they've had is unreal and i just don't feel like i would want to put myself through that.

it's all well and good saying you're going to bring your kid up properly, but some kids are just twats and want to do their own thing and rebel.

i babysitted my cousins 2 kids last week and it was a mega pain in the arse.

no doubt i'll want kids in say 5 years or so, but right now i have more important things to do, like enjoy my life.
Edd

11th Mar 11 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate work and have no ambition whatsoever when it comes to it

i dont want kids

i dont want marriage

but......

i work

i'll have kids

and i'll get married

the moral

life is shit
(unless i win the euro millions)
Jake

11th Mar 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
i hate work and have no ambition whatsoever when it comes to it

i dont want kids

i dont want marriage

but......

i work

i'll have kids

and i'll get married

the moral

life is shit
(unless i win the euro millions)

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
Paul_J

11th Mar 11 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think some people are taking what I say a little too literally.

I'm not saying having kids is a bad thing.

Everyone has different goals and ambitions in life. Ultimately, we have been dealt the best hand when it comes to being born in the UK. We get great education (if you can be bothered to try), great health care and ultimately the opportunity to be or do anything, providing you put some effort in.

A lot of people in this world, do not have a chance and would die for the opportunities we had.

e.g. I remember when I was in Cambodia, I was getting ready to go to Angkor Wat the next day. I was chatting to a local cambodian woman about it and said 'have you ever been?'

She was like 'I REALLY want to go, but I can't afford it' ... The train journey was only about $50!!!

However, the average daily wage is about $1.50 in that country. I asked her where else she had been in the world, and she said no where else than Cambodia and only to 3 places in Cambodia, her whole life!

She was just happy to have a job though, there are many people worse than her who couldn't feed their own families.

My point is, while we have the opportunity to do things, see things, live dreams, achieve goals - we can and should do it! When you have kids, your priorities change, it's no longer about you, it's about your kids and their future. Don't get me wrong, you can still live your life, but they will always be number 1.

Now my agreement with Steve, comes from the fact on Facebook I've watched loads of girls who basically didn't try at all at school, didn't achieve anything, had no goals in life and at 16 they fell pregnant, got a council house and are raising that kid. You can tell from their facebook status' the only thing they care about in life is that kid and essentially their own life is basically 'over'.

Now going back to the original point in question, I agree with Steve. I currently don't desire to have kids, get married, or even own a house. I just want to live my life.

I like Steve have said to myself when I'm 30 things will change. but the reality is, it probably won't have.

I hope things do change, as I would like to settle down one day, but I really can't see it fitting in to my plan of all the things I want to do and achieve.

End of the day, each to their own.
Edd

11th Mar 11 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I think there is something wrong with me 22 database queries in 0.0172958 seconds