corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » what grounds do companys have putting gps tracking devices on there fleet

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what grounds do companys have putting gps tracking devices on there fleet
Russ

User status: Offline
5th Oct 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you are asking us for excuses then you cant have any yourself..
Rob_Quads

5th Oct 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
I dont see how they can enforce that

I.e if my manager called me to say he had an email stating I was doing over 80 then I would ask what he could do about it

Its my risk If I want to speed

They can have it written in your contract that any speeding in a work vehicle is a disciplinary offence - Then they could use it to warn and ultimately sack you.
Russ

5th Oct 11 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:
Originally posted by Gareth
Got one on my pug they use it for mileage audits, start/finish/overtime claims etc. We are limited to 78mph go over 80mph and it emails the manager and i expect to get a phone call saying slow down

I dont see how they can enforce that

I.e if my manager called me to say he had an email stating I was doing over 80 then I would ask what he could do about it

Its my risk If I want to speed

However this would impact running costs of fuel etc so can see logic but cant see how they could enforce it

The way our company now does this is via tax office

They take manufacturers combined mpg figure and take 15% off for real driving conditions. they take an average cost of fuel (at the moment (1.40 for Derv) and then uses calculations to work out pence per mile. think mine i s 13p per mile. Each month we submit total mileage and business milage. They deduct my fuel card cost and pay me 13p a mile for business miles

Therefore if i use expensive fuel and drive aggressively everywhere I will be out of pocket even for my business miles

Its more of incentive to use cheaper fuel and drive more conservatively

i just get 58p a mile
Russ

5th Oct 11 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
adiohead is kicking off because he probably has a lot to hide
he works for his dad in his dads front room, i doubt it
Jake

5th Oct 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

russ youre out of your depth in here
Russ

5th Oct 11 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done mate, bar the apostrophe and a capital letter, that was a sentence.
Jake

5th Oct 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what makes you think i will put any real effort in to anything directed towards you
Russ

5th Oct 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno
Bonney

5th Oct 11 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In all honesty if you think its a problem then you are obviously one of the people who is doing the wrong (Using vehicle when you shouldnt, driving irresponsably etc.)

Our vans at wok have them, Also they have the cameras in the front to show what the driver sees. Both are used for Insurance purposes to stop false claims.
Russ

5th Oct 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how dare you suggest baza31 is dishonest
adiohead

5th Oct 11 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by strick206
adiohead is kicking off because he probably has a lot to hide
he works for his dad in his dads front room, i doubt it

My dad couldn't give a shit where I go in the work van
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

5th Oct 11 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We track all our fleet, vans, wagons, machines, and have tiny OBD port ones to put in cars if need be.

Can monitor everything from location, time spent driving from A-B, idle time, speed, acceleration and braking amongst others.

It should be more of a worry if you don't want it to be tracked what are you hiding?

Have alerts set to e-mail us if vehicle exceeds 95mph so not like keeping everyone to 70 like was other option.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
adiohead

5th Oct 11 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
It should be more of a worry if you don't want it to be tracked what are you hiding?

So you'd be fine if the government had them fitted on your private vehicle? And automatically sent out speeding fines, etc.

I guess most of the arguments here have swayed me for it to be ok on work vehicles, but I'm not 100% on it. I still like to have trust and faith in people, maybe I'm too naive.
taylorboosh

5th Oct 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very naive
Gareth

5th Oct 11 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a small price to pay for a company car being tracked. Had mine serviced the other day, new brakes new tyres all round. You carnt beat picking your car up from a main dealer and just signing your name then walking out with a smug face thinking glad i didnt have to pay for that
Dave

5th Oct 11 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In our case it was quite a big culture change that annoyed people. Originally we were just a joinery firm with a very relaxed attitude. As long as the work was done on time and to a good standard nothing much else mattered. When that firm was taken over by a main contractor we worked for things changed. Most of the management didn't trust us and support staff in the office didn't like the extra work they had to do because we were now working directly for them. Mechanic had 6 extra vans to look after, wages woman had a lot of extra wages to do etc.

Our main gripe with the trackers was they only ever worked in the companies favour. One day the wheel bearing went on the way home and we had to be recovered. We used to get paid 4 hrs to get from Reigate back to home. We left at 11am and got back at midnight on a Friday. Despite the tracker showing this we still only got our 4 hrs travel time.
adiohead

5th Oct 11 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
Our main gripe with the trackers was they only ever worked in the companies favour. One day the wheel bearing went on the way home and we had to be recovered. We used to get paid 4 hrs to get from Reigate back to home. We left at 11am and got back at midnight on a Friday. Despite the tracker showing this we still only got our 4 hrs travel time.

I'd sue
Ben G

5th Oct 11 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't see the problem with the company doing that tbh.

don't speed or tailgate anyone and you'll be fine.
Ben G

5th Oct 11 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa

So you'd be fine if the government had them fitted on your private vehicle? And automatically sent out speeding fines, etc.

totally different.

in a company vehicle, you are representing the company if it's stickered up, hence why they have the ''hows my driving, call ...'' decals.

in your own vehicle, you aren't representing anyone but yourself, so people only think you are a cunt, and not the whole company.
Dave

5th Oct 11 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead

I'd sue

Bit difficult now, they went bust last year. The directors and accountant are now being prosecuted for fraud and tax evasion amongst other things. Karma I guess.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Oct 11 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too much micro management goes on in this country.

Bosses are obsessed with tieing everyone down on the smallest most irrelevant thiings, now its got to a point where bosses think you have to behave like that to be a good boss

Women in managerial rolse are worse with this type of behaviour
Jambo

5th Oct 11 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It all boils down to too many people IMO.
Chris
Premium Member

5th Oct 11 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends on the type of tracker, mate of mine said it just does a send on engine off, so long as the engine doesnt stop location is not sent.

But some stuff with send more data, its all about money, most hire cars are tracked.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

5th Oct 11 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't have my own vehicle tracked but I don't see the problem about tracking company vehicles.

Your working for that company, why hide what your doing, if have something to hide obviously up to no good.

Find it and wrap it in tin foil if really that bothered or remove the sim card so can't send data back.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Hammer

5th Oct 11 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Too much micro management goes on in this country.

Bosses are obsessed with tieing everyone down on the smallest most irrelevant thiings, now its got to a point where bosses think you have to behave like that to be a good boss

Women in managerial rolse are worse with this type of behaviour

Putting a tracking device on a company van is not 'micro management' you fool.

It is a vital tool for service providing companies, it stops skiving and it recoups personal mileage.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » what grounds do companys have putting gps tracking devices on there fleet 23 database queries in 0.2756619 seconds