corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car conversion

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car conversion
Pip308

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

although you are a prick for not declaring, back to the original question

cars a tested as presented so doesnt matter if it has the "wrong" engine
big eck

3rd Dec 11 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
I also agree with big eck. I did it when I was younger. So fuck.

As did I

My old corsa GSi for one

I was stopped for have illegally spaced plates by the bike cops and they went over the car with a fine toothed comb, even popped the bonnet, lent on the engine and said thats fine

[Edited on 03-12-2011 by big eck]
one-mr-t

4th Dec 11 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by one-mr-t
My mate had a undeclared c25xe corsa b, registered as a 1.2, traffic police pulled him over and lifted the bonnet, they then took the car it got crushed :'( also he's getting done for no insurance even tho it was insured as a 1.2, so that's what happens with undeclared engine conversions.

Was the the only problem with the car? All taxed/MOTd OK?

The car was taxed and insured as a 1.2 yet it had a 2.5 V6 under there, the police pulled him because of the noise and said this doesn't sound like a 1.2, they took the car because the insurance was void and the police classed it as a 'vauxhall 2.0 zetec' :/ they said at the roadside u can get the car back if u get insurance with all mods declared ie engine brakes suspension ect he looked around for the correct insurance and most places just laughed or either give a ridiculous quote. So he went to the police impound and took what he wanted of the car and then signed it over to them for them to crush it. So the car got taken and crushed for insurance being void, they never mentioned anything about wrong tax band.
cranney

6th Dec 11 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
here we go

ooops no full stop
cranney

6th Dec 11 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think that people on here need to see it from a younger persons point of view fair enough complain all you want but only do it if you have never broken the law and i mean not going over the speed limit or not doing a wheel spin on pulling away because your not inured when your doing that due to dangerous driving so lets see how many of you have neva broken the law and i can put money on it being non of you unless you lie of course and for sc0ott heres your full stop.
redtom

6th Dec 11 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
My mate had a undeclared c25xe corsa b, registered as a 1.2, traffic police pulled him over and lifted the bonnet, they then took the car it got crushed :'( also he's getting done for no insurance even tho it was insured as a 1.2, so that's what happens with undeclared engine conversions.

The car was taxed and insured as a 1.2 yet it had a 2.5 V6 under there, the police pulled him because of the noise and said this doesn't sound like a 1.2, they took the car because the insurance was void and the police classed it as a 'vauxhall 2.0 zetec' :/ they said at the roadside u can get the car back if u get insurance with all mods declared ie engine brakes suspension ect he looked around for the correct insurance and most places just laughed or either give a ridiculous quote. So he went to the police impound and took what he wanted of the car and then signed it over to them for them to crush it. So the car got taken and crushed for insurance being void, they never mentioned anything about wrong tax band.

Why was he allowed to take what he wanted off the car before they crushed it? Is that normal?
Nic Barnes

6th Dec 11 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The majority of road users break the law every time they drive. Only on the Internet do they preach to be saints. Fuck it.
dannyboy17

6th Dec 11 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by redtom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

Why was he allowed to take what he wanted off the car before they crushed it? Is that normal?

i know you can get personal possessions from it, wouldn't of thought you could get any mechanical parts
redtom

6th Dec 11 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly what i thought
LeeM

6th Dec 11 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think he got mugged off there, not having mods declared doesnt automatically invalidate his insurance, and when they pulled him he had a valid insurance policy.
Gary
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
think he got mugged off there, not having mods declared doesnt automatically invalidate his insurance, and when they pulled him he had a valid insurance policy.

#

Wrong. 8 points on my licence back this up.

Void insurance is the same as no insurance at all when it comes to the police.

When car is taken you can pay to go get stuff out of it. Mate had this when he didnt tax his motor a bit back
LeeM

6th Dec 11 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but the police dont decide its void, thats up to the insurer and even then its only from the moment they cancel it
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
yeah but the police dont decide its void, thats up to the insurer and even then its only from the moment they cancel it

Yup i agree. Had a turbo engine in my 1.4 got pulled they rang insurance and said i was still 'insured' but then i sold the car.
Ben G

6th Dec 11 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cranney
i think that people on here need to see it from a younger persons point of view fair enough complain all you want but only do it if you have never broken the law and i mean not going over the speed limit or not doing a wheel spin on pulling away because your not inured when your doing that due to dangerous driving so lets see how many of you have neva broken the law and i can put money on it being non of you unless you lie of course and for sc0ott heres your full stop.

jesus christ, what is this garbage punctuation man.
one-mr-t

6th Dec 11 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannyboy17
quote:
Originally posted by redtom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

i know you can get personal possessions from it, wouldn't of thought you could get any mechanical parts

Whilst we was at the roadside the copper said 'you have 10 minutes to take what you want before the recovery truck comes' so we took the depo headlights, wind deflectors, back lights, stereo inc sub and amp and also removed all my mates tools and belongings. Only went to the compound to sign the car over heard it rev up one last time oh and to get his gf's necklace which he forgot about. He received a letter threw the post the other say and got summons to court for 'not having the correct insurance to drive vauxhall corsa N388FCC'
LeeM

6th Dec 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he should have shown up with an insurance certificate that covered the date and clearly showed his name and N388FCC vauxhall corsa. its not illegal not to declare mods, thats just part of the terms and conditions set out by an insurer.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
6th Dec 11 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah my feeling is that he could have contested that. Perhaps the Police either didn't know either or relied on him just going with it.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car conversion 22 database queries in 0.0123339 seconds