corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Society and its "Chronic Victims"

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Society and its "Chronic Victims"
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
15th Feb 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they cant work in mcdonalds or sweeping up?
Brett
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's also another point worth mentioning, people are always quick to mention McDonalds, Tesco, etc. assuming that they have endless jobs. They don't. Not forgetting if you actually have anything about you, heaven forbid a qualification they'll sometimes not even interview you because they know it's just a stop gap, etc, etc, etc.
N3CRO

15th Feb 12 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
It's an addiction John. They HAVE to smoke.

Bollocks.

I quit on new years. I found it easy and i have to money to smoke if i wish. If i was broke it would be even easier!

Smoking is a luxury! So he can GTF tbh

Its all to do with willpower though and prehaps this guy has none.
I smoked for 12 years and as soon as the doctor told me to quit, I did and found it easy to do so.
taylorboosh

15th Feb 12 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

barnshaw regardless of what you say, if you are willing to take any job then its easy to find work
Whittie

15th Feb 12 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was speaking about this to Nic the other day....

He got made redundant years ago and had no job, applied for a few and nothing. Walked straight into Mcdonalds... Got a job. Kept applying elsewhere, and left there.

I've got a lot of respect for people that do that.

If that guy WANTED to work, he'd have a job right now. If he had something about him, he would have gone to every hotel in the area with his CV asking to wait on / bar work, then onto shops etc.

N3CRO

15th Feb 12 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
There's also another point worth mentioning, people are always quick to mention McDonalds, Tesco, etc. assuming that they have endless jobs. They don't. Not forgetting if you actually have anything about you, heaven forbid a qualification they'll sometimes not even interview you because they know it's just a stop gap, etc, etc, etc.

This. I have done shop work before, have qualifications yet don't get nowhere applying in Tesco's, ASDA etc probably for the above reason.
Most of my experience is working in factories and warehouses so thats most of the kinda work I go for and occasionally get.
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
quote:
quote:

Bollocks.

I quit on new years. I found it easy and i have to money to smoke if i wish. If i was broke it would be even easier!

I smoked for 12 years and as soon as the doctor told me to quit, I did and found it easy to do so.

But I don't class lack of willpower as qualifaction for "Can't".

A Paraplegic dude CAN'T be ski jumper because he CAN'T use his legs.

A smoker CAN'T quit smoking because he doesn't have the willpower?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Gary
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to know what he'd do if they stopped his pocket money. Apart for bitch and moan obviously!
N3CRO

15th Feb 12 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
quote:
quote:

Bollocks.

But I don't class lack of willpower as qualifaction for "Can't".

A Paraplegic dude CAN'T be ski jumper because he CAN'T use his legs.

A smoker CAN'T quit smoking because he doesn't have the willpower?

Fair enuff but tbf, this guy doesn't sound like he wants to stop anyways.
JamesMc

15th Feb 12 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im literally filling in the dole form right now, i have been trying to find myself a plumbing apprentiship for the 2 years i was studying while in college and for about 1/2 a year now but haven't had any luck with it at all.
I have now decided to try and go for any job avaliable and im even struggling to find a shit job like shelf stacking in Tesco's at first i refused to do shit work like Tesco's and retail when my Parents suggested it but now im realising it's hard to find even poor paying get you no where work

Im lucky that i had on and off labouring work while i was job searching, i have set myself goals which i hope to achieve and wont give up on them first is get a job and a substantial amount behind me then move to Austrailia with my family and study over there and hopefully emigrate one day
taylorboosh

15th Feb 12 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bt4me james... apply for a openreach apprenticship
Eddx14xe

15th Feb 12 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I currently work at a army barracks doing the laundry atm. I started there while I was at college but I haven't been able to find any work I trained for at college, electrician and plumber.

I get fed up with these people who say there are no jobs, there is plenty, they just expect to earn £40,000+ a year when they start.
taylorboosh

15th Feb 12 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need an apprenticship too imo
Gary
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
you need an apprenticship too imo

They're not just doling them out john
John

15th Feb 12 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you say you trained at college as an electrician and plumber what exactly did you do?
Eddx14xe

15th Feb 12 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'v been looking john, had a couple of companies say they will take me on, then they change their mind.

I've joined a company which apparently help you find one. I've done the assessment but haven't heard anything else from them.
JamesMc

15th Feb 12 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Thank YOU! Im not clue'd up on site's to look at so have only been looking in the obvious places! if anyone else knows anything similar please share i will muchos appreciate it.

I did go to Quaife in the buisness park local to me about 2 months ago and there trying to start a apprentiship scheme too after i bugged them for ages, so might have a decent chance at starting a engineering apprentiship if it all goes to plan
taylorboosh

15th Feb 12 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know that but id apply everywhere i possibley could
Gary
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
When you say you trained at college as an electrician and plumber what exactly did you do?

NVQ at a guess. Means nothing in the real world unfortunatly
JamesMc

15th Feb 12 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I done Level 1 NVQ Plumbing and level 2, then done Heating and Ventilation as well but i think that course is meant to be like half of NVQ or something like that :/ cant remember.
taylorboosh

15th Feb 12 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JamesMc
quote:

Thank YOU! Im not clue'd up on site's to look at so have only been looking in the obvious places! if anyone else knows anything similar please share i will muchos appreciate it.

I did go to Quaife in the buisness park local to me about 2 months ago and there trying to start a apprentiship scheme too after i bugged them for ages, so might have a decent chance at starting a engineering apprentiship if it all goes to plan

just think of any big company and type it into google.. "national grid apprenticship" "bt apprenticship" "british gas apprenticship" thats all i did, got offered a couple and picked bt
Eddx14xe

15th Feb 12 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done level 2 if both subjects. Its as far as I can go in plumbing without an apprenticeship. I think I can do the level 3 in electrical but I still need to find an apprenticeship after that.
Gary
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another idea is to find out what companies are actually growing during this 'recession'

There are a few (Balfour Beatty was one that was mentioned to me)

No point in trying to get a job with a company that isnt doing very well
corsajay88

15th Feb 12 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Is this the one where you need to find a workbased placement in order to finish the higher level qualification. I know a few people that have had this problem.
The government loves to get young people into college as it brings youth employment figures down but obviously has its downsides.
Keep trying mate, you will find something in the end.
Also try united utilities not plumbing but they have a lot of apprentice process controller jobs at the mo. Good pay when you've done the apprenticeship also good benefits.

[Edited on 15-02-2012 by corsajay88]
Gary
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsajay88
quote:
quote:

Is this the one where you need to find a workbased placement in order to finish the higher level qualification. I know a few people that have had this problem.
The government loves to get young people into college as it brings youth employment figures down but obviously has its downsides.
Keep trying mate, you will find something in the end.

Yeah, NVQ 2+ needs a practical demonstration of work. Some can be done at college but NVQ3 HAS to be done at a company.

[Edited on 15-02-2012 by Gary]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Society and its "Chronic Victims" 23 database queries in 0.0137331 seconds