corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Middle lane hoggers - What do you do?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Middle lane hoggers - What do you do?
adiohead

User status: Offline
21st Feb 12 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owning a VAG, I use the Audi lane
Ben G

21st Feb 12 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I don't suffer from this predicament a I drive a BMW so by default I am a middle lane hogging cunt.

you are a fast lane hogging cunt with halo's on at night, doing 79mph, and when someone tried to undertake you, you either boot it so they cant, or let them go then precede to sit on their rear bumper doing the wankers wave.
corsajay88

21st Feb 12 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I don't suffer from this predicament a I drive a BMW so by default I am a middle lane hogging cunt.

you are a fast lane hogging cunt with halo's on at night, doing 79mph, and when someone tried to undertake you, you either boot it so they cant, or let them go then precede to sit on their rear bumper doing the wankers wave.

They sit behind you with full beams on so when they finaly overtake you, all you can see is white dots like you've been staring at the sun. Kind of cancels out their rude gestures as you cant see them anyway.

Robin
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have "corona rings" tbh.
Ben G

21st Feb 12 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do have have the optional extra all round indicators?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I disagree.

Joing a fast moving motorway is particularly difficult as with the angle of some sliproads.

There will be a sign on the Mway before the slip road warning you of a slip road. I always begin to move over thus letting the traffic safely join the motorway without causing traffic or dangerous situations.

I find it very selfish when people wont move over, causing the nervous woman trying to look over her shoulder and drive straight at 60 has to slow down then enter a 70mph road doing 30.

Its just a receipe for disaster. Move over.

When you're driving something 30 feet long which can't change speed easily then that's easier said than done. The thing that's annoying is the people that simply assume you're going to move over despite not having a clue what's on the other side of you (the middle lane). They then sit along side you till the end of the slip road where they realise that they aren't the most important person on the road and have to brake. Only at this point do they realise you've actually got a trailer on the back too and so have to slow down further causing problems for everyone else behind. On the confidence argument, if they aren't confident enough to drive on a busy motorway, they shouldn't be trying to join one.

That's not to say I don't move over when I can, I usually find it easier to get myself out of the way than deal with the potential incompetance of the driver that is joining but it should never be assumed that I am going to move because it's not always possible or practical.
A2H GO

21st Feb 12 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with you Jambo. Can't stand it when people don't move over. It's more dangerous to have to put the anchors on travelling down a slip road because someone won't move over than for them to just change lanes.

Fair play if they're not able to change lanes, but at least have some courtesy to slow down/speed up to make it easier for people to join.

The amount of people I see get trapped at the end of slip roads because 3-4 cars have been travelling in a row and nonw have moved over despite the next lane along being completely free.
Mike
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People already on the carriageway changing speed just causes more problems. I see it all the time, car on the slip road alongside a car on the carriageway, both realise something needs to be done so they both brake then they're still in the same postion but about 10 mph down. At least if the car on the carriageway remains at the same speed, the car joining can work around it. The times it's a problem is when there's a lack of confidence which I addressed in my previous post.

I've never not been able to join a motorway by the time I've reached the end of the slip road. I use motorways most days and often in slow vehicles, I'm no stranger to joining at 30-40 mph due to lack of performance/length of slip road so I see little reason for people in average joe hatchbacks to struggle if they have the competance to aquire a driving license.
corsadonk
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always try to move over if I can, but it's my right of way. If I have to lift in my transit, it takes ages/a downhill bit before I can get back up to speed. Like Mike said if your in a car it's easy enough to get back up to speed.
Jambo

21st Feb 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I should rephrase some of that.

"where conditions allow" for moving over.

However, it's all well and good saying they shouldn't be driving but that's nonsense, it's not an ideal world and they are there. So i would rather Sue mother of three was able to look after her spawn rather than be killed by somebody.

It's about being pro active and preventing congestion as well as eliminating a point where two metal objects are moving towards each other sideways on a straight road.

It's common sense. However, before your retort... Please remember where conditions allow, if you can't move over, you can't move over. If the lanes next to you are empty, your an arse.
Mike
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh trust me, I know it's not an ideal world and obviously I'm all for not having people crash into me but when I'm sat alongside a car that is trying to join the carriageway and I can't move right, I'll hold my speed so that they can work around me. This is more toward A2H GO's post now that you've rephrased yours though. Me changing speed is likely to add to the other driver's problems, as per my last post. If I witness that happening to the car in front though, I will slow slightly to allow space for the joining car to merge into once they've slowed, I don't see it as completely their problem and leave them to battle their way out but if I'm towing and people expect me to slow down so that they, in there much better performing car, don't have too (which I've experienced on numerous occasions) then they can suck my hairy left testicle
sxibeast

22nd Feb 12 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was behind a woman joining the M1 at J9 who stopped dead at the white line on the slip and sat there indicating waiting to be let on! Huge queue quickly formed and she had no idea what was going on/what to do!
Ben G

22nd Feb 12 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i undertook some dude in one of those smart car sport car things last night, he was sitting in the middle lane doing about 65 and i slowly crawled past doing 70 in the inside lane.

no waving arms/flashing/shaking heads.

i then continued my journey and no beef was fought for.
adiohead

22nd Feb 12 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
If the lanes next to you are empty, your an arse.

I'm an arse

(I admit, that sometimes I move over if the motorway is empty...but I'm still angry at them for not slowing down to join behind me)
3CorsaMeal

22nd Feb 12 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i turn around and drive the wrong way up the road until the next slip road, make them pay :rageclio:
JonnyJ

22nd Feb 12 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i undertook some dude in one of those smart car sport car things last night, he was sitting in the middle lane doing about 65 and i slowly crawled past doing 70 in the inside lane.

no waving arms/flashing/shaking heads.

i then continued my journey and no beef was fought for.

I do not believe that for a second. You are the angriest person in the world.
Ben G

22nd Feb 12 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm really not especially at 10:30pm after a nice easy shift at work, listening to kiss 100 with my seat back and one hand on the steering wheel.
Ojc

22nd Feb 12 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd fuck your arse
Ben G

22nd Feb 12 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldn't fuck your modified arse.
Mike
Premium Member

22nd Feb 12 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxibeast
I was behind a woman joining the M1 at J9 who stopped dead at the white line on the slip and sat there indicating waiting to be let on! Huge queue quickly formed and she had no idea what was going on/what to do!

I've seen that on the M60 near Barton bridge, it was pure luck that no-one ended up crashing with all the sudden lane changes that resulted as people tried to make space for what ended up being a queue of traffic right down the slip road trying to join 60-70mph traffic. Yet another scenario where lack of confidence could easily have resulted in a massive pile-up.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Middle lane hoggers - What do you do? 22 database queries in 0.3722138 seconds