corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you work?

Poll: Do you work?
Yes I work 153 (91.62%)
No I don't work as I can't get a job 5 (2.99%)
No I don't work as it's not worthwhile with the benefit system 4 (2.4%)
No I don't work because of another bullshit excuse 5 (2.99%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do you work?
John

User status: Offline
21st Feb 12 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What will you do when the kids are at school, then grow up, get pregnant at 13 and get their own council house? Go and get a job with absolutely no skills of work experience?
chloe16v

21st Feb 12 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
What will you do when the kids are at school, then grow up, get pregnant at 13 and get their own council house? Go and get a job with absolutely no skills of work experience?

i'll decide when it comes to it, but until then, we are happy with our set up
Rickavo

21st Feb 12 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
quote:
Originally posted by Rickavo
quote:
quote:
quote:
have you ever thought she might want to bring the child up herself instead of sending it off to nursery? i wouldnt have had anyone else raise my kids for me, i am here to take them to school and pick them up and look after them while they are at work, im not going to pay someone to do my job!

Sooo you think we should pay you to take care of your child instead of you paying for your child to be entertained for the day...

nobody pays me thank you, my partner works for a living

Soooo you claim NO benefits?

everyone with children are entitled to claim child benefit and child tax credits, so apart from them 2, no

[Edited on 21-02-2012 by chloe16v]

So I am paying for you to wake your child up take them to school then sit around all day...

LeeM

21st Feb 12 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what happens when theyre 18 and you stop getting money but have no useable skills that would help you get a job?
SetH

User status: Online
21st Feb 12 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Answer to that Lee is that she will be fucked in the current climate. Why employ someone that's spent 18 years looking after their kids when you have the pick of 100`s of highly experience/qualified people.

I am not saying I am agaisnt the old skool breadwinner/housewife - stay at home mum thing but that only works if the breadwinner is able to work till retirement age and gets a fat pension. IMHO
cavmad

21st Feb 12 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
another thing is, people say theyre no better off working etc but theres no chance of promotion or career progression on the dole

Pah, you've not heard of disability benefits then? It seems all you need to do is claim you caught asthma from your cat and you never need to lift a finger again, only you're on a far better jolly than 'ordinary' dole.
If you don't believe me just go to any shitty seaside 'resort' in Britain and watch those fat fuckers on mobility scooters. They're not your common or garden dolies, they're the full strength uber spongers.
Rickavo

21st Feb 12 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
As long as you do more than your fair share around the house and both parties are happy I don't see any problem with that, it's the old fashioned bread winner/housewife setup.

Using "an" instead of "and" repeatedly infuriates me greatly though.

I have no problem with the old fashioned housewife setup, If I am not contributing to their setup...
Rickavo

21st Feb 12 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't mind helping them if both parties were trying their hardest working any hours they can.

[Edited on 21-02-2012 by Rickavo]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
another thing is, people say theyre no better off working etc but theres no chance of promotion or career progression on the dole

Yeah, as I said, things should start looking up for me now but it doesn't hide the fact that with the benefits system as it is, I would be worth more now if I'd chose that route. I could get killed tomorrow and all the work I've done would've been a waste, I'm just living in hope that that's not the case
Dave

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
have you ever thought she might want to bring the child up herself instead of sending it off to nursery? i wouldnt have had anyone else raise my kids for me, i am here to take them to school and pick them up and look after them while they are at work, im not going to pay someone to do my job!

Sooo you think we should pay you to take care of your child instead of you paying for your child to be entertained for the day...

everyone with children are entitled to claim child benefit and child tax credits, so apart from them 2, no

So I am paying for you to wake your child up take them to school then sit around all day...

Child benefit is not means tested, to use your example you are paying me to get up at 6am and do a 10hr shift.

Tax credits are means tested, although if she is putting a joint claim in she will get very little on account of her partners income, assuming he is a relatively high earner.
3CorsaMeal

once my lego techno portfolio is built up I will quit work and go on the dole.

May as well retire at 40 and sit about wearing all your watches at once.
Rickavo

21st Feb 12 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Child benefit is not means tested, to use your example you are paying me to get up at 6am and do a 10hr shift.

Tax credits are means tested, although if she is putting a joint claim in she will get very little on account of her partners income, assuming he is a relatively high earner.

Read my last post.. I don't mind helping her if she is trying to help herself
Dave

21st Feb 12 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm struggling to see the point you are trying to make though, choosing to be a homemaker whilst your partner works is a whole lot different to refusing to work and living off state handouts.
chloe16v

21st Feb 12 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm struggling to see the point you are trying to make though, choosing to be a homemaker whilst your partner works is a whole lot different to refusing to work and living off state handouts.

it just sounds to me like Richard Atherton it just trying his hardest to be a jumped up prick an get on the bandwagon
Mertin

21st Feb 12 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Left school when I was 17 and worked full time in a bakery for a few months as a stop gap until apprenticeship started (was a summer job while at school aswell, spent my summer holidays working nightshift)
Started my oil and gas apprenticeship that same year and been working offshore the past 4 years
Rickavo

21st Feb 12 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My point is that nobody should get any benefits/council house if they are capable of working but choose not to.
chloe16v

21st Feb 12 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My point is that nobody should get any benefits/council house if they are capable of working but choose not to.

my partner works
Rickavo

21st Feb 12 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Soo if he has no problem paying for you why should I pay for you?
Mertin

21st Feb 12 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, with people saying if they get paid to sit at home and do nothing and able to live their life then they would quite happily do this

I actually dont think I could, I like to be doing and have something to live for. My work rota is 2 weeks offshore, 3 weeks at home and by the end of that 3 weeks Im usually looking forward to going back to work after relaxing at home for 3 week. Same with times iv had 4-8 weeks off, was tearing my hair out by the end of it and couldnt wait to get back to work.
Im from a farming family, so Iv been brought up working and earning a living and will continue to
LeeM

21st Feb 12 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

my partner works

hes trying to make out that your partner should support you if you choose not to work. if you only get child benefit i dont see that much of a problem because everyone gets them. if you were on jsa etc then it would be an issue
Dave

21st Feb 12 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Which I agree with but doesn't fit Chloe's situation.
chloe16v

21st Feb 12 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

my partner works

hes trying to make out that your partner should support you if you choose not to work. if you only get child benefit i dont see that much of a problem because everyone gets them. if you were on jsa etc then it would be an issue

we dont get anything other than child benefit which everyone gets and child tax credits which most people get unless they earn a huge wage, we cant get working tax credits as he earns to much and cant claim anything else
LeeM

21st Feb 12 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's fine then imo
Rickavo

21st Feb 12 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well then I am sorry for going on 1 just a lot of people do claim alsorts and it reallllly boils my piss
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Feb 12 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically people see the name Chloe and because she's got so much shit over the years, take it upon themselves to continue to give her shit, even though it's entirely her prerogative whether she stays at home given the fact that per partner works.

I expect nothing less of threads about not working which Chloe gets involved in. Many people who don't pay much tax anyway on the bandwagon. Kind of used to it by now.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you work? 24 database queries in 0.1668358 seconds