corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any djs ??

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any djs ??
Jas

User status: Offline
18th Mar 12 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

S4 with traktor pro
some akai key/pads and fl studio for pissing about with beats
JordyCarter

19th Mar 12 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
quote:
Originally posted by JordyCarter
quote:
Originally posted by martinlird
People who think traktor is just pressing play and sync are fools!

A song is never fully beatgridded by the Software, you have to move every songs beatgrid to be able to use the sync function, or even to affectively beat match.

This takes time to master and skill to do, but once you can do it, it takes seconds per track. But people who don't do it, it can fuck a set up in seconds also.

I've been using it for a few years, and I've only really hit the tip of the iceberg! But I can say I know one hell of alot about it, and easy is one thing it DEFINATELY isn't!

And the comment about clubs not letting you use traktor is bollocks! Some of the best DJ's in the world use traktor, would they not let them DJ? No, if they want the live performance with CDJ's and a mixer, that's simple, timing discs! Or with the new range of CDJ's, don't even need them! I've never ever heard of someone bein rejected from DJ'ing a club because they use traktor...most places prefer it, as it looks more professional nowadays!

I do not agree with this. I downloaded traktor and its piss easy to do. I can make a flawless mix in it everytime and ive got about 5 hours in total on it, my mum could even do a mix in it!. Traktor is amateur at the end of the day and yeah they might let you in a club but if i seen someone using it id be laughing at them all night. Only thing its good for is looking at the wave form

As for controllers there just shit. Plugging it into your pc so you can use traktor on it, Why? obviously unless you dont dj much and want to mess about. Other than that i see no other reason when you can just click. Pretend dj more?

I also believe that cd decks are quite amateur i use them myself but i know the lads who are using vinyl are far far more professional than me.

[Edited on 18-03-2012 by JordyCarter]

contradiction much?

Biggest load of shit iv ever heard

contradiction? you know what that word means?

traktor = 16th birthday party shit
controller = semi non serious fun
cd decks = great
vinyl = if mastered better than cds

noob
Wrighty

19th Mar 12 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noob

so wtf if you got tracktor, vinyl, cdjs and a controller? what does that make you - great? rubbish? inbetween? your chatting complete bollox sunshine, your opinion on a setup doesnt define someones skill what so ever, gtfo of this thread for DJ's
Rickavo

19th Mar 12 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by martinlird
People who think traktor is just pressing play and sync are fools!

A song is never fully beatgridded by the Software, you have to move every songs beatgrid to be able to use the sync function, or even to affectively beat match.

This takes time to master and skill to do, but once you can do it, it takes seconds per track. But people who don't do it, it can fuck a set up in seconds also.

I've been using it for a few years, and I've only really hit the tip of the iceberg! But I can say I know one hell of alot about it, and easy is one thing it DEFINATELY isn't!

And the comment about clubs not letting you use traktor is bollocks! Some of the best DJ's in the world use traktor, would they not let them DJ? No, if they want the live performance with CDJ's and a mixer, that's simple, timing discs! Or with the new range of CDJ's, don't even need them! I've never ever heard of someone bein rejected from DJ'ing a club because they use traktor...most places prefer it, as it looks more professional nowadays!

I do not agree with this. I downloaded traktor and its piss easy to do. I can make a flawless mix in it everytime and ive got about 5 hours in total on it, my mum could even do a mix in it!. Traktor is amateur at the end of the day and yeah they might let you in a club but if i seen someone using it id be laughing at them all night. Only thing its good for is looking at the wave form

As for controllers there just shit. Plugging it into your pc so you can use traktor on it, Why? obviously unless you dont dj much and want to mess about. Other than that i see no other reason when you can just click. Pretend dj more?

I also believe that cd decks are quite amateur i use them myself but i know the lads who are using vinyl are far far more professional than me.

[Edited on 18-03-2012 by JordyCarter]

contradiction much?

Biggest load of shit iv ever heard

contradiction? you know what that word means?

traktor = 16th birthday party shit
controller = semi non serious fun
cd decks = great
vinyl = if mastered better than cds

noob

Mate come on. Youre just talking bollox

My personal problem with traktor is the fact it has a sync button, if they removed that then fair enough.

In what way would you say vinyl decks are better than cdjs/controllers?
JordyCarter

20th Mar 12 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont actually understand how you can even disagree lols.

Vinyl plays at a higher quality everyone knows this. Talking bollox but how? Im giving you good information and your just claiming it bollox. Go play traktor infront of anyone that has a clue then. Im laughing now that you would even put traktor in the same category as vinyl and cd! hahaha

Wrighty is a pro dj everyone he sits behind his pc with his usb controller and on traktor.... this thread is for dj's

[Edited on 20-03-2012 by JordyCarter]
LeeM

20th Mar 12 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure it was one of the shm guys who put pics of his new ddj on Facebook recently.
I bet you dj plenty of tracks made with computers and midi controllers, is that not real music?
Jas

20th Mar 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use traktor, its great fun
Wrighty

20th Mar 12 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I dont actually understand how you can even disagree lols.

Vinyl plays at a higher quality everyone knows this. Talking bollox but how? Im giving you good information and your just claiming it bollox. Go play traktor infront of anyone that has a clue then. Im laughing now that you would even put traktor in the same category as vinyl and cd! hahaha

Wrighty is a pro dj everyone he sits behind his pc with his usb controller and on traktor.... this thread is for dj's

tracktor plays the same stuff that goes on cd's you put in cdj's... have you actually got a fuckin clue ?

and 1210 mk5g's actually m8

kthxbye
JordyCarter

20th Mar 12 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You really are a fool arnt you. Anyone who thinks that traktor is in the same category as cdj's is a retard.

One is a computer program designed to 'cheat' the system with a sync button. Its requires 0 skill and is looked down upon by any dj. I wouldnt ever use traktor because its fucking amateur

Tbh i dont know why im wasting my time with you if your using traktor great learn to dj. Just please dont try and know what your talking about.

quote:
Originally posted by Jas
I use traktor, its great fun

This tbh its just fun.

JordyCarter

20th Mar 12 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
Sure it was one of the shm guys who put pics of his new ddj on Facebook recently.
I bet you dj plenty of tracks made with computers and midi controllers, is that not real music?

SHM ... i see

Music made with computers is totally fine im not saying that? i dont know where your getting the impression i think that tbh.

All im saying is traktor is amateur and shouldn't be considered as a proper piece of kit.

I use cdj mk3 1000's and a djm 800 and thats it thats all i use. And as said above i know lads who use vinyl and i respect that they are better than me because of that
Jas

20th Mar 12 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some big names out there using Traktor mate, kinda VOIDS your statement
JordyCarter

20th Mar 12 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There isnt that many tbh (I doubt they use sync aswel i can only assume its for the wave form)

Ive seen loads of big names live

Carl cox,sven vath, joris vorn, marco carola and more and i didnt see any traktor

LeeM

20th Mar 12 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not lookin hard enough, plenty of people use it along side cd's.
It's a well respected piece of software, and when used with the right equipment is very capable.
Jas

20th Mar 12 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carl Cox uses it apparently
Jas

20th Mar 12 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.djmag.com/news/detail/2077
LeeM

20th Mar 12 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mentioned Swedish and got a facepalm, I doubt Carl cox is good enough either
JordyCarter

20th Mar 12 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah man but as said he probably uses it for wave form not for the syncing. Which i believe the above posters use it for
JordyCarter

20th Mar 12 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Swedish house mafia are shit mate lol
LeeM

20th Mar 12 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Oh right, how many sets are you doing at creamfields this year?
JordyCarter

20th Mar 12 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh right, how many sets are you doing at creamfields this year?

I went to creamfields last year and i wouldnt dare of went to watch them

I dont want to get into this subject but SHM are radio material and to me they come in the same category as deadmou5 guetta and them lot shit dj's compared to the others but each to there own if you like the music 15 year old girls are listening to. If your going to cf this year go to pryda and friends tent its always the best one
LeeM

20th Mar 12 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My point is, you can't say they're shit when we're discussing something both you and they do but they make fuck loads more money out of it than you do
JordyCarter

20th Mar 12 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously i dont and would never consider my hobby as a life long career lol. But they are shit. Im not trying to be a cock or anything im mearly giving my opinion on the matter.

I like tech house, deep house, minimal. And those dj's dont deliever that sort of material it always seems to be plaggy house
LeeM

20th Mar 12 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Traktor is well respected within the industry
JordyCarter

20th Mar 12 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This has always been a favourite set of mine

http://www.dancetrippin.tv/video/carl-cox-space-opening-ibiza-house-tech-house-techno
Rickavo

20th Mar 12 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Traktor didnt have 'sync' would you still think cdj users are better djs?

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any djs ?? 22 database queries in 0.0212190 seconds