corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW E46 330ci

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW E46 330ci
harrisp

User status: Offline
7th Apr 12 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
I apoligise for the 'cunt' remark I just don't take kindly to being told to fuck off.

I don't think that discs won't need replacing of course but if there that much of an issue I'd make a note of there condition when buying the car. I and also most people tend not to own a car for more than 2 years nowadays so I doubt that would be an issue.

You can easily buy an M3 for 6k as I've just bought this months BMW magazine and it outlines what to look for. Just because its cheap doesn't make it a dog? All I'm saying is that with the mileage I do and the fact the insurance isn't that much more I'd be picking the M3 BUT if you plan on keeping it for a whole and do a fair mileage then I suppose you'd have to consider the 330 based on parts prices alone?

I've also heard many people say (on here also) that the difference in performance is hard to measure unless on the limit?

I apologise for the "fuck off" then, wasnt anything personal.
I went and looked at several M3s including about 3 for around 7k and they were all rough as fuck. Insurance is a big issue for me which is the reason I haven't bought one.
I do consider brakes as a running cost and they are a lot more than a 330.
Cant comment on performance difference as I have only driven a 330 in anger
CORSA NUT

7th Apr 12 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Jesus Christ corsa nut calm the fuck down pmsl

I know I know I can be a tit sometimes
Nic Barnes

7th Apr 12 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clearly mate, as you've over looked the diesel model............
CORSA NUT

7th Apr 12 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
quote:
I apoligise for the 'cunt' remark I just don't take kindly to being told to fuck off.

I don't think that discs won't need replacing of course but if there that much of an issue I'd make a note of there condition when buying the car. I and also most people tend not to own a car for more than 2 years nowadays so I doubt that would be an issue.

You can easily buy an M3 for 6k as I've just bought this months BMW magazine and it outlines what to look for. Just because its cheap doesn't make it a dog? All I'm saying is that with the mileage I do and the fact the insurance isn't that much more I'd be picking the M3 BUT if you plan on keeping it for a whole and do a fair mileage then I suppose you'd have to consider the 330 based on parts prices alone?

I've also heard many people say (on here also) that the difference in performance is hard to measure unless on the limit?

I was saying that the equivalent mileage/condition of the cars were about twice as much to buy, i know that you can buy them for £6k and also buy examples of 330s for £6k but that's hardly fair comparing them. If you didnt care about anything then i suppose yes, you will pick that £6k M3 over the £6k 330 However i paid £3k for my 330 last year and the reason i picked that over the M3 was because back then they were at least £4k more to buy...and the fact that if something went wrong with the car it would get expensive whereas to fix my 330 i suppose the worse it would be is £500 for an engine

[Edited on 07-04-2012 by kennySRi]

That's fair enough mate, if the 330 isn't far off the performance of the M3 and they are a lot cheaper to fix then I see the point. The last thing you want with an M3 is a new engine or SMG internals etc
CORSA NUT

7th Apr 12 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
clearly mate, as you've over looked the diesel model............

I'll admit after watching the Top Gear episode with it on I wanted one badly
Nic Barnes

7th Apr 12 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

380lb/ft ish after a re map, I'm still getting 42mpg town driving and it pulls 150 no dramas....................could always put an m badge on it and pretend like i intend to pmsl
CORSA NUT

7th Apr 12 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:

I went and looked at several M3s including about 3 for around 7k and they were all rough as fuck. Insurance is a big issue for me which is the reason I haven't bought one.

It's a shame that even though people can afford an M3 they can't afford to look after them looking forward to reading the BMW mag later as its got all the service details etc for every M car!
CORSA NUT

7th Apr 12 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
380lb/ft ish after a re map, I'm still getting 42mpg town driving and it pulls 150 no dramas....................could always put an m badge on it and pretend like i intend to pmsl

If your impressed with it speed wise then it must be good
Nic Barnes

7th Apr 12 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awmv5xUOdTY

diesel..............sod a thirsty petrol for that whole .4 of a second quicker to 60. plus, they don't sound like a diesel when you're giving it some really.

[Edited on 07-04-2012 by Nic Barnes]
harrisp

7th Apr 12 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

It's a shame that even though people can afford an M3 they can't afford to look after them looking forward to reading the BMW mag later as its got all the service details etc for every M car!

Only get worse as they get cheaper, try finding a tidy e36 m3 now, on pistonheads there is only one Id be happy with.
CORSA NUT

7th Apr 12 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need an M car I looked at 2 E36's before I bought a 323i coupe a few years ago and they were in a bad state! Must be looking at spending 5K just to gets straight well serviced one? So what's the minimum for an E46 M3? 10?
BarnshaW

7th Apr 12 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

E46 M3 going for 8k, not rough ones either
CORSA NUT

7th Apr 12 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awmv5xUOdTY

diesel..............sod a thirsty petrol for that whole .4 of a second quicker to 60. plus, they don't sound like a diesel when you're giving it some really.

[Edited on 07-04-2012 by Nic Barnes]

Jesus that accelerates like my last UK turbo scooby did
CORSA NUT

7th Apr 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
E46 M3 going for 8k, not rough ones either

Have you ever driven an E46 M3 barney? Would be interested to hear your views compared to the STI?

Just finished reading the buying guide on them and they say 11k is the ideal amount to spend I really like Graham's Imola Red example is amazing
Jambo

7th Apr 12 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are lucky you can get bargains. Some guy on the bimmer forums just got a low mile immaculate individual e36. He paid what I did for a shit one

Need to be a vulture and find the people selling them because they can't afford it or don't know what they have. Low mile E36's are touching £10k now.
BarnshaW

7th Apr 12 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have never driven one, been a passenger in one, was nice, it was one of them flappy ones and i thought it was very jerky on gear changes. comfy though i thought.

drove a 335i petrol and that was lovely.

still not a touch on a sub though (imo)
CORSA NUT

7th Apr 12 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must admit if I was spending 10k It would be har ro tempt me away from a big power scooby for an M3, plus the extra doors are handy for the baby

10k James seriously IMO though they still look brilliant! Especially on the proper rims like on yours. I've always hankered after a techno violet with champagne or a red with creme
Jambo

8th Apr 12 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah low mile E46 will set you back £17-20k. They are seriously saught after. But tbh not much point unless you want ot moth ball it.

SMG is the future.
baza31

8th Apr 12 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Yeah low mile E46 will set you back £17-20k. They are seriously saught after. But tbh not much point unless you want ot moth ball it.

SMG is the future.

They can advertise for whatever amount they want. Doesn't make them worth it. There is nothing special about an e46 m3 and now the e92 is out and has been for years the e46 is a dated looking. The e36 IMO could be worth more in years if it's low mileage and tidy .

For the point of the topic, 330 doesn't compare at all to the m3, I've drove both. To be honest I found the 330 bland, performance is definatly not in the same league and neither are the looks plus the expence of petrol costs. Go for the 330d they are good all rounders and you will enjoy it more as it will drive as good and be cheaper to run
Steve
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just see 'all the toys' as weight these days
Jambo

8th Apr 12 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They sell for that Baza. People collect them. Whether you believe they are special or not. For reference please see Munich legends.
CORSA NUT

8th Apr 12 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not gonna lie here....I've never been on Munich Legends website....

Holy fuck fuck

Il have this for starters http://www.munichlegends.co.uk/component/option,com_rdautos/id,174/view,detail/
and the rest when I win the euro!!

[Edited on 08-04-2012 by CORSA NUT]
harrisp

8th Apr 12 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will own a mint estoril blue evo coupe with black vaders and the right wheels one day.

[Edited on 08-04-2012 by harrisp]
Corsa_Sport21

8th Apr 12 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I will own a mint estoril blue evo coupe with black vaders and the right wheels one day.

Here you go.....

http://pistonheads.com/sales/3695187.htm
harrisp

8th Apr 12 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:

Here you go.....

http://pistonheads.com/sales/3695187.htm

That is the exact one I have been looking at , cant bring myself to spend so much on insurance though.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW E46 330ci 22 database queries in 0.0134871 seconds