corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » RAPE

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RAPE
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
5th Mar 12 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't call it negativity, I'd call it identifying everywhere where you could help the cause.

From the point of view that the people are out there and you must protect yourself, some of what Steve is saying has mileage. You can't campaign your way out of what will always be a baseline crime percentage.

The men could fix it all, yes. But that's not realistic. Be nice to say men are to blame and all men should not have rape in them but unfortunately some do.

I've not read up on that campaign properly but I think most of it relates to consent though? ie. non-violent, clearer head in the morning type of incidents? That's where the men can act.
Shell
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay, I've been reading this thread over the last hour or so and have tried really hard to hold back, but there's just a whole load of ignorance being banded about in here.

The main thing I've noticed is people are looking at this from the perspective of rape in the sense of girls being pissed up and dressed provocatively and basically "asking for it" as some morons have alluded to. Rape goes way beyond drunk girls being taken advantage of.

I agree there is some mileage in what Steve is saying about women taking steps to protect themselfs. I don't think he's suggesting if they don't protect themselfs that it's ok.

What I wholeheartedly disagree with was the notion that women should expect rape as a consequence of changing their mind when sex seemed imminent. Rape is not a fucking consequence. Getting grounded as a kid for cheek is a consequence. Going without food for a day cos you blew all your wages is a consequence. Rape is a crime.

It should also be pointed out that most of the time rape isn't about sex. It's about the gaining of power and control through the humiliation of another person and what could leave anyone as humiliated and powerless as rape?

The poor attitudes in here have frankly disgusted me so much so that I had to post after 6 months of not even using the site anymore. And Kerry I'm sorry,but I pray you never find yourself in that situation and have some girl say "she shouldn't have led him on".

And just to throw a spanner in the works here, as I pointed out, it's not just women. Men get raped as well. Will we blame the way they dress? Say they brought it on themselfs as consequence?

http://m.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/feb/26/male-rape-charity-poster-campaign-six-nations?cat=society&type=article
Lawrah
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to have you back pal
JonnyJ

5th Mar 12 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
jonny i dont get how the conversation with them must go?

Well, usually if i get some kind of hint that shes a bit apprehensive I'll just ask if shes sure she wants to do this because if she doesnt its fine. A few times with girls I've not felt that they felt totally comfortable, its usually just nerves but i ask anyway and say if theres anything im doing that they rather i wouldnt, to tell me.

Fair few years back i pulled some lass in York, she took me back to her uni halls, all the kissing/hands moving around was happening but didnt fell she felt totally ok with it all, asked her, she said she'd rather not go that far, so we didnt. This is all before i realised it was ok if I'd done the hard work though Missed out on a sex
Gary
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know of 3 people who have been falsely accused of rape. So in my experience its all lies.
Demo

5th Mar 12 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does anybody maybe think that the reason people are so ignorant towards the topic is that it is cried too often when its not actually a true account of what has happened

kinda "boy who cried wolf"

[Edited on 05-03-2012 by Demo]
Generation

5th Mar 12 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you was a rapist, would you have enough self respect to stop if she was on period?
Steve
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
I agree there is some mileage in what Steve is saying about women taking steps to protect themselfs. I don't think he's suggesting if they don't protect themselfs that it's ok.

thats exactly what i was saying
Shell
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Demo
does anybody maybe think that the reason people are so ignorant towards the topic is that it is cried too often when its not actually a true account of what has happened

Do you honestly believe the amount of false rape claims is even slightly proportionate to the volume of genuine rape reports? Or sexual assaults in general as a massive percentage goes unreported. Just because you hear more about the fake accusations doesn't mean it's the more significant.
I think the ignorance is borne of a nation keen to run their mouths about things they are truly clueless about.
Gary
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
If you was a rapist, would you have enough self respect to stop if she was on period?

When the river runs red.......
Generation

5th Mar 12 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flip em' over
Demo

5th Mar 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
quote:
Originally posted by Demo

Do you honestly believe the amount of false rape claims is even slightly proportionate to the volume of genuine rape reports? Or sexual assaults in general as a massive percentage goes unreported. Just because you hear more about the fake accusations doesn't mean it's the more significant.
I think the ignorance is borne of a nation keen to run their mouths about things they are truly clueless about.

both happen. end of.

im not suggesting either is right just because we do/dont hear about it.
Shell
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you read what I said? Who said both don't happen? You insinuated false rape claims were more common and were why folk were so ignorant to the reality. Don't insinuate shite.
Demo

5th Mar 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you read it correctly it was a question not an insinuation
Dave

5th Mar 12 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The amount of false allegations of rape must have a monumental impact. Either on the way police deal with genuine victims or preventing victims from reporting it in the first place.

I know of four counts of false allegations local to me but only one resulted in a conviction. She's out now, has a child, got married, pretty much living a life as if nothing happened. The lad didn't fair quite so well.
Gary
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is, if she cries rape, how can she be proven to be lying?

The whole thing needs to be thought through, especially when girls call rape cos they were so pissed they didnt know what they were doing. Unlucky, dont get in that state
JonnyJ

5th Mar 12 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Thing is, if she cries rape, how can she be proven to be lying?

The whole thing needs to be thought through, especially when girls call rape cos they were so pissed they didnt know what they were doing. Unlucky, dont get in that state

Easy to say that though. I dont go out to get paraletic, but that doesnt mean it hasnt happened sometimes, you just get caught up in the night sometimes. Does this mean i deserve to get my arse pummeled by big black bob? Or does it mean that i was a little silly but i should expect that, despite this, i should be safe in the knowledge that people wont take advantage of my inebriated state.
Gary
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see what your saying JJ but how can it be proven she didnt say Yes, even though she dosent remember?

How would you like to steam through some trollop to be cried rape on the next day as she dosent remember half the night?
silvercorsabee

5th Mar 12 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I do think girls dont do enough to comabt the situation. They need to take some responsibility and stop living in the world of they "shouldnt have to". End of the day it happens and theres not alot you can do about that apart from deal with it when it does.

I fully agree in an ideal world that girls should be able to walk around dressed in what they like and not have to worry, but this isnt an ideal world and bad people exist. In an ideal world i should be able to walk around Moss Side singing deck the halls, but i would probably get shot, so i dont

this! couldnt agree more pal you hut the nail on the head! go to the top of the class
Generation

5th Mar 12 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can someone answer my question. Was speaking to mrs about this few weeks ago
JonnyJ

5th Mar 12 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I see what your saying JJ but how can it be proven she didnt say Yes, even though she dosent remember?

How would you like to steam through some trollop to be cried rape on the next day as she dosent remember half the night?

I tend to stay away from girls that are so far gone to be in this state

1. Because of what you said
2. Because i find them more hilarious than attractive, theres no way i could go through with sex if they couldnt even stand up straight

My stance on girls who cry rape is fairly clear, they are life ruining cunts. Thats why you have to be careful though.
Dave

5th Mar 12 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are many things in life we should be as to do but can't/don't.

You should be able to leave your door unlocked or leave valuables on display in your car, but we know that it's not wise to do so.

I'm not likening this to the way women dress, I don't believe that plays a major role in whether or not they get raped, but certainly getting in a taxi or walking home alone isn't a good idea.
JonnyJ

5th Mar 12 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave

You should be able to leave your door unlocked or leave valuables on display in your car, but we know that it's not wise to do so.

I'm not likening this to the way women dress, I don't believe that plays a major role in whether or not they get raped, but certainly getting in a taxi or walking home alone isn't a good idea.

Aye but people are suggesting that they deserve it for acting a certain way. If i accidentally leave my house unlocked i dont really deserve have everything nicked.
silvercorsabee

5th Mar 12 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Dave

Aye but people are suggesting that they deserve it for acting a certain way. If i accidentally leave my house unlocked i dont really deserve have everything nicked.

no you dont DESERVE it, but its a shitty fact of life, arseholes exist.
Gary
Premium Member

5th Mar 12 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with dave

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » RAPE 22 database queries in 0.0187740 seconds