corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Biggest car related cockup?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Biggest car related cockup?
chrisritch

User status: Offline
8th May 12 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanCorsa99
Following a sat nav through a farm that lead to a cow. An angry angry cow.

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Changed the clutch on my brother's old car only to find I'd put the pressure plate in the wrong way round

you'd be suprised how many times this happens in my work it's a right PITA to change aswell. takes about 5 minutes every time, costs the company 1k per minute.

PITA?
chrisritch

8th May 12 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
quote:
quote:
Changed the clutch on my brother's old car only to find I'd put the pressure plate in the wrong way round

you'd be suprised how many times this happens in my work it's a right PITA to change aswell. takes about 5 minutes every time, costs the company 1k per minute.

PITA?

pain in the arse
Ben G

8th May 12 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
quote:
quote:

PITA?

get with the times man.
CORSA NUT

8th May 12 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jas
This thread is full of WOW

I fitted an air filter to my EP3 last week and forgot to reconnect the MAF sensor..

that's about as extreme as it goes CORSANUT you need to give up and start riding a push bike mate

TBF most of my cockups were when I was a young lad
jrdn7

28th Jun 12 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found something else to add to this thread. Mate of mine fitted bonnet pins, closed the bonnet & for got he put them on. Took off up the road and, well, guess the rest.
Anty
Premium Member

28th Jun 12 at 03:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pulled tape deck out too hard, snap radio aieril
DaveyLC

28th Jun 12 at 06:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cut the floor pan out of a nova and forgot to move the fuel tank, I had unbolted it but I left it sat under the car.

Big fire! Lol
Ellis

28th Jun 12 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trying to be a clever dick ended me stuck against a lamp post in the local B&Q car park in the snow as a 17 year old

Coming to a complete stand still at junction behind another car, believing the car had moved off I floored it and rammed the car into the middle of the road trying to explain why I had stopped then drove into her was somewhat difficult.
timmsy21

28th Jun 12 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i was 17 fitted some 17s to my Astra mk3 and decided to show off to the lads at work the next day in the works car park, forgot there was a massive random curb (like the ones you get between parking spaces in tesco) hit it bucked and put a massive dent in one of the front wheels

Needless to say i looked a right twat!
3CorsaMeal

28th Jun 12 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a corsa and joined an online corsa forum.
BarnshaW

28th Jun 12 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i had my corsa gsi i filled it up with oil, drove off down the road to the petrol station and was waiting at traffic lights and saw a car in front smoking, thought to myself "that car is smoking alot lol"

realised then the smoke was coming from my bonnet , pulled over and opened bonnet and the whole engine bay covere in oil, literally dripping down from underside of bonnet, forgot to put the oil cap back on the car didnt i.

had to take my t-shirt and socks off to mop up as much oil as i could.
stan_the_man

28th Jun 12 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall for the Nova hazard light switch issue. Twats.
makincorsac

28th Jun 12 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buying a petrol pug 306 thinking i was going up in the world .... Shite car and went strait back to a corsa...
makincorsac

28th Jun 12 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
when i had my corsa gsi i filled it up with oil, drove off down the road to the petrol station and was waiting at traffic lights and saw a car in front smoking, thought to myself "that car is smoking alot lol"

realised then the smoke was coming from my bonnet , pulled over and opened bonnet and the whole engine bay covere in oil, literally dripping down from underside of bonnet, forgot to put the oil cap back on the car didnt i.

had to take my t-shirt and socks off to mop up as much oil as i could.

Hahahahahahahahahaaha!!! T-shirt and socks
Root

28th Jun 12 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pranged a brand new BMW (luckily only a 1 series) while at work once.

Got angry when trying to put drum case back on rear wheel, punched car, filler came off back quarter, looked awful.

Got told not to drive when my water pump was going, drove...head went.

Following sat navs directions and when I realised it was not the right way, reversed into the gate bit of a farm field to turn around, got stuck, some reason decided reversing and getting a run up was clever...got stucker and ruined a bit of the farmers field..farmer came, wasn't happy. Had to call RAC, which only used farmers 4x4 and some long rope to pull me out. Was pretty much forced to give farmer £20 for his trouble and RAC men money also. That was a shit start to a day out.
DaveyLC

28th Jun 12 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<doyle>
quote:
Originally posted by Root
Pranged a brand new BMW (luckily only a 1 series) while at work once.

Got angry when trying to put drum case back on rear wheel, punched car, filler came off back quarter, looked awful.

Got told not to drive when my water pump was going, drove...head went.

Following sat navs directions and when I realised it was not the right way, reversed into the gate bit of a farm field to turn around, got stuck, some reason decided reversing and getting a run up was clever...got stucker and ruined a bit of the farmers field..farmer came, wasn't happy. Had to call RAC, which only used farmers 4x4 and some long rope to pull me out. Was pretty much forced to give farmer £20 for his trouble and RAC men money also. That was a shit start to a day out.

</doyle>
Neo

28th Jun 12 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really my fault in any way, but most times I :facepalmed: in a day - Had a day off work and planned to get up early and change disks and pads before taking missus to the cinema.

Woke up late, had to go hour and a half round trip to get hammerite and axel stands. Hadn't taken the wheels off for about 6 months, went to undo the first bolt and managed to bend my flimsy citroen wheel brace. Drove 40 minute round trip to halfords and got an extending brace. Started undoing bolts and hadn't pushed the locking wheel nut key on right and rounded off both the key and the took the head off the bolt. Drove 40 minute round trip to citroen to be told they couldn't provide me with a new locking wheel nut key or nut without v5 and quoted an extortianate amount if I had bought them. Ended up undoing the locking wheel nuts with a punch and hammer and replaced with normal bolts. Couldnt get any purchase on the one without a head so went to the local machining place and they drilled it out. Got home finally about 5pm. Hadn't changed the brakes and missus was pissed off I had wasted a day off work. Next morning brakes were changed within about an hour

Locked my keys in my corsa.....in the ignition

I had the rotary out on a friends mx3, I was polishing, he was following me round dusting as we were kinda rushing. On the last panel he asked if he could have a try as he'd been watching what I was doing and felt confident...within a few seconds he had burned straight through the paint about 4 inch sq Was up for sale as well hence me making it look good.
Prey

28th Jun 12 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

swapping the dash in my car and put the whole thing back together, just put the final bit back on (steering wheel), sat back and realised i'd not put one of the heater vent pieces back - which needs to go on BEFORE the dash goes in......
CorsaSi

28th Jun 12 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not made too many big cock ups with cars but done a few engine swaps kept all bolts together and when engine is back in everything is back on looking at around a spare 10 - 15 bolts thinking wtf is not tightened on.

jrneedo

28th Jun 12 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just done one

lowered the rear last night on new springs and shocks.

took everything off then put the new stuff back on and stood back and admired the work...

only to reallise i had not put the piston covers on...so now gotta take it back to bits again and the worst bit was undoing the top nut!!!

arrrrgh!
makincorsac

28th Jun 12 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Prey
swapping the dash in my car and put the whole thing back together, just put the final bit back on (steering wheel), sat back and realised i'd not put one of the heater vent pieces back - which needs to go on BEFORE the dash goes in......

Gaz

28th Jun 12 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I did my XE, my and my dad put it in and had everything tightened up but was just waiting for the power steering pump bracket to arrive, few days after we got it and fitted it and I got to go out in it with the lads for a blast.
all was good until we were joing down the motorway and the pump decided it was no longer part of the engineer and fell off bouncing around the engine bay.

I rang the AA as I had no tools with me or bolts to get the pump fitted back on and being a late saturday night they took for ever in the pissing down rain. The bloke turned up and sorted it and when I got back in the car I found two cable ties I could have bodged it to limp home with!
Rickavo

28th Jun 12 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This......

[Edited on 28-06-2012 by Rickavo]
harrisp

28th Jun 12 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rickavo
This......

[Edited on 28-06-2012 by Rickavo]

Better than my attempt

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Biggest car related cockup? 22 database queries in 0.2968020 seconds