corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Shooting at US Batman Premiere

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shooting at US Batman Premiere
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Jul 12 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gun sales up by 41 percent in Colorado

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21142159/gun-sales-up-since-tragedy

Nath

24th Jul 12 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Sounds like he had Got-Beef, instead of Got-Ham.

Made that up myself

Ok.
Jambo

24th Jul 12 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh I don't blame them for tooling up. I'd rather be able to fight back than get hit like a lemon,

Not that that will help matters though. They just need tighter restrictions but we all know that will never happen. They all need the Sky news iPad app and the historic rundown of all shootings in the US in last 20yrs, proper loads of them all by nut bars.
Brett
Premium Member

24th Jul 12 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can understand them wanting guns, which is fine, should be able to protect yourself. As cool as they are, I just don't see the need for full blown assault rifles to be owned by people.
Budgie

25th Jul 12 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its nice of Christian Bale to meet up with some of the victims from the shooting.
noshua

25th Jul 12 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo

25th Jul 12 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the way the President of the United States visits the families and victims and doesnt get a mention, soon as a half assed celeb does everyone acts like they are a hero
Dom

25th Jul 12 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Love the way the President of the United States visits the families and victims and doesnt get a mention, soon as a half assed celeb does everyone acts like they are a hero

What if it was Affleck?
Balling
Premium Member

25th Jul 12 at 14:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I think your hatred of Christian Bale is clouding you a bit there, Jambo.

As president of the US, Obama has an obligation to involve himself in major events within the country. Seeing as he's running (or front figure for those who are) the place an appearance was to be expected. Actually, it's his job.

Bale had no other connection to the incident except that the victims were trying to enjoy something he'd helped make.
Him showing up, and on his own accord, is a pretty great thing imo. He has no involvement and no obligation.

Jambo

25th Jul 12 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't hate Bale ffs but he is an actor and a celebrity. Nice thing he did granted, but I'd rather meet Barack than an actor (EVEN if it was Affleck)
Nath

25th Jul 12 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leave Bale alone Jambo. FFS man.
mwg

25th Jul 12 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope there are no nutters when I go tonight
Nath

25th Jul 12 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Barnes said he was also going tonight.
mwg

25th Jul 12 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

25th Jul 12 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are they going mad to buy guns when the guy has been caught
mwg

25th Jul 12 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because they are bothered about other nutters getting the idea in to their heads and doing copy killings
John

25th Jul 12 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone buying guns to prevent nutcases with guns shooting the place up, with guns.

Logical.
Brett
Premium Member

25th Jul 12 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How having more guns at home when a guy is shooting up cinemas I don't know.
John

25th Jul 12 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It means there's more guns in homes, ie handy, so when someone is in a situation that normally they'd get to sleep on, they can go to the drawer and get the gun instead.

Everyone having a gun because everyone else has is exactly why they should be banned.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jul 12 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

American twats
Jambo

25th Jul 12 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Leave Bale alone Jambo. FFS man.

It's not him, it's a Holywood persona making out like he is some kind of legend because he acts in a film. Vs the most powerful individual in the world. Not attacking his persona at all, I said it was great he did it, more the fact people are impressed by an actor and not a president. Just a bit sad is all.
p

25th Jul 12 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was amazed he only killed 12 people, given the guns/ammo he had and the environment he was in.

But apparently, one of his guns didn't work properly, and he slammed it down outside with disgust..... Perhaps one of the reasons more weren't killed.
Jambo

25th Jul 12 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heard it jammed. Picture of the crime scene on the news showed the AR15 outside the cinema back door.

I was also surprised but he did injure 60 people ontop of the twelve he killed so people must have been good at getting out of the way. That or he's a shit shot.
p

25th Jul 12 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Heard it jammed. Picture of the crime scene on the news showed the AR15 outside the cinema back door.

I was also surprised but he did injure 60 people ontop of the twelve he killed so people must have been good at getting out of the way. That or he's a shit shot.

Who knows, depends on the cinema too, I guess.

But yeah the gun jammed/didn't work, and as I say someone said he slammed it on the ground in disgust.

I know he injured shit loads, but given he wanted to kill everyone, I'm still amazed he didn't kill any more. How many were in the cinema, 250 people? I'd assume he'd aim at their chest area anyway..... Who knows.
Dom

25th Jul 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
As president of the US, Obama has an obligation to involve himself in major events within the country. Seeing as he's running (or front figure for those who are) the place an appearance was to be expected. Actually, it's his job.

I don't think the president has to make an appearance; in similar events it's usually a televised statement.
By all means though, show me something that states that the president of America has to make an appearance.

quote:
Bale had no other connection to the incident except that the victims were trying to enjoy something he'd helped make.

I'd say that is a pretty big and strong connection

quote:
Him showing up, and on his own accord, is a pretty great thing imo. He has no involvement and no obligation.

I very much doubt it was off his own accord; his PR people would have been all over this especially after his previous tantrums ie: T4 (yes it was a long time ago but it put him in a bad light nonetheless).
Happy to be proven wrong that he did it off his own back though.

I'm with Jambo though; a lot of people are getting their knickers wet over Bale and not much was said of the President visiting the survivors and friends and family of the victims.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Shooting at US Batman Premiere 23 database queries in 0.1861951 seconds