corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cyclists that ride on the road...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cyclists that ride on the road...
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Nov 12 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pavements were made for pedestrians and if I drove down them I'd be fined
Liam

6th Nov 12 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I do wait until there's a gap but when you are trying to get home/to work and some idiot on a bike can see they are making it difficult and the massive tailback they are causing, it's just forcing people into dodgy manoeuvres.

Most people wouldn't wait though, I've encountered it on my commute, I was riding into work, lights on etc, and about 1 metre from the curb, yet a lorry still drive past with hardly enough room with a completely empty road coming in the other direction, as some cyclists are inconsidorate so are many drivers.
Liam

6th Nov 12 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

So if they were made for pedestrians, where are cyclists meant to ride when the cycle lanes in the country are so awful?
mwg

6th Nov 12 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The very rare time I ride my bike through town I ride through red lights and on pavements when it suits me cos I know how much it winds everyone up in their cars, used to always wind me up. If you cant beat them join them
John

6th Nov 12 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holding you up so you miss a set of lights then going through them anyway gets me

Same applies for car drivers though.
mwg

6th Nov 12 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's one of those things when I'm in my car I'm the one getting annoyed by cyclists and when I'm on my bike I then go and do exactly the same stuff that annoys me I bet most people do when they get on their bikes!
Ben G

6th Nov 12 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam
quote:
Originally posted by pow

So if they were made for pedestrians, where are cyclists meant to ride when the cycle lanes in the country are so awful?

they're fine round this way mate, maybe you shouldn't cycle about in the ghetto?
Liam

6th Nov 12 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow

they're fine round this way mate, maybe you shouldn't cycle about in the ghetto?

Turn a discussion about cycle lanes into where people live, which for whats its worth, I don't live in the ghetto.
sc0ott

6th Nov 12 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do cyclists pay road tax on their bikes?
chrisritch

6th Nov 12 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
Also horse riders [/stir]

these are the worst. they shout at you telling you to slow down because you're scaring their horse, yet they're the ones on NSL roads

tbf we don't want to ride on roads but to get between fields etc it becomes a necessity, Not everywhere has good bridlepath connections.

Cyclists are just cunts who think they have rights over everyone and just want to tell their fucking vegetable juice drinking friends that they are 'saving the planet' by not driving a car.
Liam

6th Nov 12 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, but I do pay road tax on my car.
Liam

6th Nov 12 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch

Cyclists are just cunts who think they have rights over everyone and just want to tell their fucking vegetable juice drinking friends that they are 'saving the planet' by not driving a car.

Again, not every cyclist.. I couldn't GAF about "saving the planet" I ride my bike because I enjoy it, its cheaper and also quicker than going in the car
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate cycling on roads because I know that I'm massively vulnerable yet I drive to London and bicycle is king, they think they have right of way over everything. Mere car, van and truck drivers are only allowed to overtake when the cyclist deems it 'safe' and finally moves out of the way after making you drive along at 15 mph for the last 2 miles despite there being various safe overtaking possibilities if they'd use the roads correctly and realised they don't need the full width of the lane what with them being less than 2 feet wide. I saw an abnormal load going through central London a few months ago. In the region of about 9ft wide and 60ft long, did it phase cyclists at all? No they were still passing at every opportunity, completely oblivious to the fact that if the driver didn't spot them in time, he could kill them because they were cycling in the wrong place.

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
I'm just going to leave this here...

http://www.cycleinjury.co.uk/map

e.g. http://www.cycleinjury.co.uk/map/video-accident-malden-road-london

That guy was overtaking on zig zags, whilst the truck was indicating and wants money? He should be glad he's managed to get to whatever age he is with that level of stupidity never mind being payed out for having the observation skills of Stevie Wonder
AlunJ

6th Nov 12 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh this old age argument is back again I see
quote:
Originally posted by pow

A cyclist isn't a pedestrian - therefore they can also get fined for doing so.
In addition the cycle paths are shit and you spend most of your time unclipping for road junctions which you could just keep going past on the road, or almost running over pedestrians who have strayed into them and paying no attention, so what should I do? Make a post bad mouthing every pedestrian?
Unfortunately yes there are a large amount of twat head cyclists who think they own the road and give a bad name to the rest of us... you could say the same of many (insert prestige german car marque here) drivers.
It's this pathetic attitude that car drivers are the only ones with a right to the road that put me off going out on my bike and enjoying my hobby.

[Edited on 06-11-2012 by AlunJ]
Gaz

6th Nov 12 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cycle lanes are just full of shit from the road causing lots of punctures and there is also the door zone, the space that someone could fling a door open and cause harm to a cyclist.
Eck
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The roads are fucking shit too but as a car driver I don't seek refuge on the pavement because it's smoother?
Liam

6th Nov 12 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
The roads are fucking shit too but as a car driver I don't seek refuge on the pavement because it's smoother?

I hate riding on the pavement, and have only done so when I've been without lights. A cyclist rather than someone just riding a bike wouldnt use a pavement either.
smcGSI16V

6th Nov 12 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
Oh this old age argument is back again I see
quote:
Originally posted by pow

A cyclist isn't a pedestrian - therefore they can also get fined for doing so.
In addition the cycle paths are shit and you spend most of your time unclipping for road junctions which you could just keep going past on the road, or almost running over pedestrians who have strayed into them and paying no attention, so what should I do? Make a post bad mouthing every pedestrian?
Unfortunately yes there are a large amount of twat head cyclists who think they own the road and give a bad name to the rest of us... you could say the same of many BMW drivers.
It's this pathetic attitude that car drivers are the only ones with a right to the road that put me off going out on my bike and enjoying my hobby.

[Edited on 06-11-2012 by AlunJ]

Ben G

6th Nov 12 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

I hate riding on the pavement, and have only done so when I've been without lights. A cyclist rather than someone just riding a bike wouldnt use a pavement either.

Whats the difference? Do you need to belong to some sort of club to be known as a cyclist?

Eck
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That statement alone means I'll be knocking down the next one I see.
Liam

6th Nov 12 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, but most people I know who cycle often, as a hobby etc wouldn't cycle on the pavement, is that too hard to grasp?
corsadonk
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not long taken up riding a mountain bike, I go on the road to get to Bridleways, I always try to ride as close to the verge as possible, but I can unstand why people on road bikes keep out of them because the roads are shit even with suspension.

The one thing that pisses me off about motorist is when they don't give way to you, when you are coming from the right. I do hate riding on the roads, those knob that ride two a breast are just cunts, along with horses.
sc0ott

6th Nov 12 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Horses can jump, they can easily jump over hedges separating the fields.
Ben G

6th Nov 12 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no, but most people I know who cycle often, as a hobby etc wouldn't cycle on the pavement, is that too hard to grasp?

But a cyclist is someone who cycles.

A pedestrian is a pedestrian. You don't get given a fancy name if you walk as a hobby.
Liam

6th Nov 12 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

But a cyclist is someone who cycles.

A pedestrian is a pedestrian. You don't get given a fancy name if you walk as a hobby.

Don't be so pedantic, Ben. A normal person who has a bike to get from A-B wouldn't normally ride on the road, how many people on expensive road bikes do you see riding on the pavement? I've never seen one

Also someone who walks for hobby, surely they are hikers?

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cyclists that ride on the road... 22 database queries in 0.0181949 seconds