corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Millionaire Boy Racers - CH4 Tonight - 10PM.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Millionaire Boy Racers - CH4 Tonight - 10PM.
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
4th Jan 13 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lee_fr200
quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
They drive like twats in built up environments.

No need for it.

what annoyed me is that this wasnt the main issue, if the show had been about how they drove id see the point but it just seemed to be about their colour

Agree tbh

How was it about their colour at all? It had nothing to do with that, was a group of rich young lads coming over with multiple supercars and terrorising the streets. No one mentioned it had anything to do with the colour of their skin or their race. It just so happens they all come over from the same country, same background, same wealth and that was the common link.
Nath

4th Jan 13 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The tone of the program was obvious.
Tiger

4th Jan 13 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason the 5-0 don't do take a more hard line approach is purely because of the Arabs money that they bring to the country. Do you think they'd be as soft as they are if it was a bunch of chavs wheel spinning noisy saxo's from Slough?
3CorsaMeal

4th Jan 13 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its made me drive faster through town this morning
Liam-Wilko

4th Jan 13 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is this a TV series?
CORSA NUT

4th Jan 13 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking forward to watching this later

Nath

4th Jan 13 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it was quite boring. Rich arab, moany old person, rich arab, moany old person, rich arab....
Welsh Dan

4th Jan 13 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
The reason the 5-0 don't do take a more hard line approach is purely because of the Arabs money that they bring to the country. Do you think they'd be as soft as they are if it was a bunch of chavs wheel spinning noisy saxo's from Slough?

Not the case at all. The money that the arabs bring in has very little effect on what the Police do.
liamC

4th Jan 13 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen that pink Rolls Royce around here in Abu Dhabi a few times. It is awful.

Last time I seen it the car was parked outside the Lamborghini showroom. Maybe they were in getting an upgrade?
3CorsaMeal

4th Jan 13 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just remembered the guy quoting "the ferrari engine naturally opens up past 3k rpm and produces a sound we have all come to love"

straight out the ferrari brochure
Tiger

4th Jan 13 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
quote:

Not the case at all. The money that the arabs bring in has very little effect on what the Police do.

Don't be silly, anyone can be 'bought'.

Police,
Money,
Corruption, all go hand in hand.
3CorsaMeal

4th Jan 13 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also found it funny when they talk about the amount of industry/business and property they are buying up over here in the recession.

We really are fcuked, and like they said, a slave to their money. Does make you wonder where all ours went, i bet the bankers don't care about the supercars, they all want to be them.
Liam-Wilko

4th Jan 13 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this going to be a regular program?
3CorsaMeal

4th Jan 13 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think so, think it was a one off documentary
Liam-Wilko

4th Jan 13 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh well I missed it haha
3CorsaMeal

4th Jan 13 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be on 4OD or something
John

4th Jan 13 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Police,
Money,

Although they probably are taking backhanders anyway, you don't have to be corrupt to see how they are being influenced by the money.

What was the figure they were bringing in, hundreds of millions to the economy? That's why it's only PC plod on his bike when they are filming. If they were driving by harrods in a corsa with a cherybomb while spending no money, they'd be lifted instantly.
Nismo

4th Jan 13 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What made me laugh was the toffs saying they should get the Qatari government to cover the cost of additional policing, how delusional are these people
3CorsaMeal

4th Jan 13 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That woman's daughter looked like a right bitch, bet she is very frigid.
Ben G

4th Jan 13 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

We really are fcuked, and like they said, a slave to their money. Does make you wonder where all ours went, i bet the bankers don't care about the supercars, they all want to be them.

don't we all want to be them?
jrsteeve

4th Jan 13 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The police are missing out on a fair amount in fines, they'd just be paid no questions asked.

Can see the resident point of view though, must be pretty annoying that it's just for no particular reason, not for an actual race or event where you'd expect it.
Welsh Dan

4th Jan 13 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Police,
Money,

You really believe that theres some sort of racket going on with regards to not stopping/fining a few people driving dangerously around Kensington
p

4th Jan 13 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Police,
Money,

You really believe that theres some sort of racket going on with regards to not stopping/fining a few people driving dangerously around Kensington

To some regard, yeah. The Qatar Ruling Family members get no trouble from the police, as one of their entourage told me. The legality of the number plates, stuff like that don't matter simply because who they are and the money they spend.

Another one of the problems was, if a car does park illegally and get fined (the owners don't care, they see it as brownie points) where do the police send the information on an Arab number plate?
Welsh Dan

4th Jan 13 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or do you think that its because we have more important things to worry about, and that theres very little that can be done about some things.

If they're diplomats (as i'd imagined they would be for the ruling family) then there is going to be a fair bit of diplomatic immunity. That won't apply to normal people over here on a holiday. In addition, if its a foreign registered car, for the most part it has to meet the laws of that land, not the UK. Obviously insurance is different.

And tickets are issued by the council, not Police (unless its a red route.) I don't know the ins and outs of it, but i'd assume the council keep some sort of record. I'd find it unlikely that a non-EU government would share the registered keeper details, we can't even get the US to pay their fines.
p

4th Jan 13 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Or do you think that its because we have more important things to worry about, and that theres very little that can be done about some things.

If they're diplomats (as i'd imagined they would be for the ruling family) then there is going to be a fair bit of diplomatic immunity. That won't apply to normal people over here on a holiday. In addition, if its a foreign registered car, for the most part it has to meet the laws of that land, not the UK. Obviously insurance is different.

And tickets are issued by the council, not Police (unless its a red route.) I don't know the ins and outs of it, but i'd assume the council keep some sort of record. I'd find it unlikely that a non-EU government would share the registered keeper details, we can't even get the US to pay their fines.

Possibly.

RE Diplomatic immunity etc I will say you are right. Some of them do swan around in D cars specifically, also. I'm not privy to a lot of it, but I know some stuff that goes around.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Millionaire Boy Racers - CH4 Tonight - 10PM. 22 database queries in 0.0135012 seconds