corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lambo Aventendor Detail

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lambo Aventendor Detail
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
29th Jan 13 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Easy money though according to Internet.

Which other automotive sector has so many start-ups moving straight in to big flash workshops?

In fact which other sector of any industry takes people who are very poorly qualified and gives them 6 figure businesses in a couple of years?

It beats mapping hands down at being full of people who have been doing it a couple of years at most but are now the person the internet wants to bum.

I know you're going to tell me they work hard but I still maintain, you simply couldn't turn out that magnitude of success across the board in other areas of business. The returns are disproportionate. Best of luck to anyone on the right side of it tbh.
3i_gaz

User status: Offline
30th Jan 13 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

What fucking piss artist done that embroidering?!
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 07:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol fancy made up job titles to go with a fancy made up industry

[Edited on 30-01-2013 by Steve]
Ben J

30th Jan 13 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS. I look like a fucking tramp when i'm out doing my car.

Hoody and trackies or t-shirt and shorts, all in a fucking state. But I don't want anything thats going to scratch the car or anything I don't mind ruining.
Ben G

30th Jan 13 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
FFS. I look like a fucking tramp when i'm out doing my car.

Hoody and trackies or t-shirt and shorts, all in a fucking state. But I don't want anything thats going to scratch the car or anything I don't mind ruining.

Didn't know you were a professional detailer.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 07:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you be happy to pay a 4 figure sum to a chav that turned up in a hoody and trackies to wash your car? even if the internet claimed he had the skills?

[Edited on 30-01-2013 by Steve]
Ben J

30th Jan 13 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hoody and trackies shouldn't have any bearing on it. The chav part might.

But admittedly if I was running a detailing business and charging a premium i'd ensure I looked the part.
Ben G

30th Jan 13 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wouldn't give me the best first impression.

I had a dfs service manager come out last week to fix a problem I had with split stitching. He turned up in a nice white shirt, black trousers and black shoes.

Looked very smart. Imagine if he turned up in joggers and nike trainers? Wouldn't give the company the best image.

Obviously it's a subjective view. Some agree, others don't. I just think if someones paying that much for a detail then i'm sure they can afford some cheap black trousers (which probably.cost less than jogging bottoms).
Nath

30th Jan 13 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

Which other automotive sector has so many start-ups moving straight in to big flash workshops?

In fact which other sector of any industry takes people who are very poorly qualified and gives them 6 figure businesses in a couple of years?

It beats mapping hands down at being full of people who have been doing it a couple of years at most but are now the person the internet wants to bum.

I know you're going to tell me they work hard but I still maintain, you simply couldn't turn out that magnitude of success across the board in other areas of business. The returns are disproportionate. Best of luck to anyone on the right side of it tbh.

Fair play to them then. I wouldnt want to do it. Washing cars is boring as fuck. If they can do it and turn a nice sum then well done.
Rich H

30th Jan 13 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
Didn't know that

Whereabouts?

Same estate as Lepsons, virtually opposite them I believe.
John

30th Jan 13 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

Agree with all of this Ian. Obviously doesn't hold true for everyone, when Rich used to post his details on here he seemed much more realistic.

DW is jam packed with people who clearly didn't finish school but now have a polisher, a DSLR, a 'studio' and a thesaurus. They are now the utmost authority on all that is washing a car fancily.
BluKoo

30th Jan 13 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know of many start-ups who have been able to move straight in to big flash workshops.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree, I reckon Rich H is the sort of business that would survive before the internet, the rest of these are people that operate because of the bumming they get on forums
BluKoo

30th Jan 13 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rich H gets bummed on forums too
Everyone does.

The success is purely down to the results produced and repeat business coming from good reviews and word of mouth.

90% of people who read detailing forums are detailers, so they not going to be influenced to get their car detailed by someone else.
GB123
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
quote:
Originally posted by GB123
Didn't know that

Whereabouts?

Same estate as Lepsons, virtually opposite them I believe.

Ah right, it's not in the best of areas.
John

30th Jan 13 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo

The success is purely down to the results produced and repeat business coming from good reviews and word of mouth.

90% of people who read detailing forums are detailers, so they not going to be influenced to get their car detailed by someone else.

Disagree with both points.

Fancy pictures look much better than a guy getting the same results in his garage and taking a badly lit picture with his phone. You should know how easy it is to make a picture look much better than the paint will look in reality.

I doubt 90% of users do detailing for a day job. The whole point of the forum is to justify their existence, which means they need a larger proportion of the public to impress.
BluKoo

30th Jan 13 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

Disagree with both points.

Fancy pictures look much better than a guy getting the same results in his garage and taking a badly lit picture with his phone. You should know how easy it is to make a picture look much better than the paint will look in reality.

When I said results produced, I meant real life results. As in how the customer reacts and how pleased he is when he collects the car. Pictures play no part in that.
Polished Bliss's custom comes from word of mouth. Their clients don't sit on DW looking for the person with the best pictures so they can decide who's going to detail their car

quote:
Originally posted by John

I doubt 90% of users do detailing for a day job. The whole point of the forum is to justify their existence, which means they need a larger proportion of the public to impress.

Okay, they're maybe not professional detailers, but they obviously have an interest in it and probably take care of their own work themselves.
And when you understand and appreciate detailing, you don't need to justify it. You already know it makes sense.
Not for every car on the road, and not for every car owner as some people just don't give a shit, but for those who really care for their cars, a good detail is worth every penny.

[Edited on 30-01-2013 by BluKoo]
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So many people still look at detailing as an expensive car wash. As soon as you realise that a good detailer can actually repair damaged paintwork, you'll realise that it's a few hundred quid is well spent.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BluKoo

30th Jan 13 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
So many people still look at detailing as an expensive car wash. As soon as you realise that a good detailer can actually repair damaged paintwork, you'll realise that it's a few hundred quid is well spent.

Exactly. This one from a few years ago always springs to mind: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=71622
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
When I said results produced, I meant real life results. As in how the customer reacts and how pleased he is when he collects the car. Pictures play no part in that.
Polished Bliss's custom comes from word of mouth. Their clients don't sit on DW looking for the person with the best pictures so they can decide who's going to detail their car

When you understand and appreciate detailing, you don't need to justify it.

Exactly this. You will find that almost all of the people on dw are into there detailing and enjoy doing it. They do it themselfs and they do it for mates and family. It's a very very rare occasion that you see a professional posting about a job they did on another members car

The Internet side of it is mostly to show people that enjoy it and like to see the results possible if you know your stuff
Although personally I don't like the whole KDS cult that's appeared very suddenly.

[Edited on 30-01-2013 by FlaFFy_91]
BluKoo

30th Jan 13 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91

Although personally I don't like the whole KDS cult that's appeared very suddenly.

To be fair KDS have been around for a while now, and from what i've seen they've always produced good results.
Here's one from late 2009: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=141365

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I agree the results are good and yea they have been around for awhile. But it seems they went from being a detailing studio to a massive cult like following in a matter of days. For example I would say that from the threads I have read and the info I have seen some of if not most your PB's results have been miles better than the kds stuff. Yet asoon as kds post anything the work goes mad for them
BluKoo

30th Jan 13 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only thing I think is stupid about that KDS link i just posted is that he takes gloss readings before he even washes it, then gloss readings after the wash, correction, and protection.
He should have taken the readings after the wash, but before the correction.
I also find that KDS include too many pictures sometimes. End up getting bored and skipping half the detail
Ben G

30th Jan 13 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree on the pictures. i looked at the first few, skipped all the middle bit and then looked at the professional pics at the end.

your brother does it well. not too much writing, not too many pics.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rich H repairs paint and it doesnt cost into the 4 figures

Maybe the prices would be reasonable if half the time wasnt taking pics

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lambo Aventendor Detail 23 database queries in 0.0267220 seconds