corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Detail (cleaning) gear, what to get???

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Detail (cleaning) gear, what to get???
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 13 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What colour is your car? Will depend on whether you should grab some wax or synthetic sealant.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SXI - Matt

3rd Mar 13 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black..
SXI - Matt

3rd Mar 13 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also what do you guys use the apc to clean just things like the window sills, scuttle panel ect?
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Mar 13 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wax then fosho, I've heard good things about http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/poorboys-nattys-blue-paste-wax/prod_11.html

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Mar 13 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
Also what do you guys use the apc to clean just things like the window sills, scuttle panel ect?

Stardrops for me!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SXI - Matt

3rd Mar 13 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Wax then fosho, I've heard good things about http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/poorboys-nattys-blue-paste-wax/prod_11.html

I've already got some of this and poor boys black hole but there a few years old now think they'll still be ok. In a sealed tub ect
evilrob
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 01:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt

Isopropyl Alcohol with a cheap microfibre to make sure it's completely clean, then treat with Gtechniq C4 using a few of the Mrs' make-up pads (no, really!) - it's witchcraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acwE3vwhoRQ

22PLE VR1 Signature Plastic & Trim Restorer is also very good but not worth twice as much (and the Gtechniq stuff isn't cheap to start with!)
BarnshaW

4th Mar 13 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whilst on the subject of detailing, on my car on the plastic bits around the door they have like oxidised, the only way i can describe it is that they now have like a rainbow pattern on them, like the pattern you get when you drop oil on water.

how can i get rid of this or restore the plastic trim back to normal?
Dave

4th Mar 13 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Rob says above IPA tends to strip most stuff off plastic trim, then restore it back to black if it's faded.
SXI - Matt

5th Mar 13 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm after a decent wax that will last for say 3/4 months maybe and one I can top up every month or so to help it last. I currently have some nattys blue paste but after a month it's about all gone so I have to start again.

I'm going to apply 2 layers of black hole as want a wax to go over the top that will seal it all in and mean if I don't put another layer on for say 2 moths it won't be to late is this rated?

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/dodo-juice/dodo-juice-supernatural-hybrid-paste-sealant/prod_887.html

I've read and hear lots about collonite 476? Is this a good deep shine wax or less about looks and more about longevity?
CORSA NUT

5th Mar 13 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just give mine another coat of 476 after it lasting all over the winter. Amazing wax and so easy to apply.

See pics at the bottom..

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=652083&page=2
SXI - Matt

6th Mar 13 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the 476 then can you put it over the top of other products like black hole show glaze? Just I've read some were as its solvent based it cant be put on top of any think. Love the idea of how long it lasts ect and am I also right in saying I can put a softer wax on top of the 476 for more depth and shine?

[Edited on 06-03-2013 by SXI - Matt]
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 08:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the biggest factor in the longevity of your wax/sealant is your prep work and how you layer it on.

Some products are better than others for sure, but if you slap a few layers of any wax/sealant on a good polished/clayed base then you'll be set to go for a few months.

The Black Hole glaze is a cleaner/polisher If I remember right, so providing you do an IPA wipe down after polishing with it you can put any wax you want ontop of it - it'll be pretty much sticking to the bare unprotected metal at that point.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SXI - Matt

6th Mar 13 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IPA? Black hole is a cleaner / filler to hide swirl marks ect so i guess there will be a few layers on the paint meaning the wax would be layered onto this no?
SXI - Matt

6th Mar 13 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also I used to use Meguires next gen car wash and used to be amazing. Loads of foaming and felt like it slid across the paint work. I've used dodo juice sour power but there was literally no bubbles in it was like water. But it did feel very well lubricated, does the born to be mild sud up more or am I better just getting the next gen wash? Both say safe to use on waxed cars ect

[Edited on 06-03-2013 by SXI - Matt]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Detail (cleaning) gear, what to get??? 23 database queries in 0.0120039 seconds