corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is the corsa b 'scene' dying/dead/hibernating?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is the corsa b 'scene' dying/dead/hibernating?
SAL
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Nov 13 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to see a standard corsa b these days doesnt really happen
Jason x
Premium Member

13th Nov 13 at 00:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SAL

I have a standard one on 45k, but i agree you dont see many
[Edited on 13-11-2013 by CorsaBM8]

[Edited on 13-11-2013 by CorsaBM8]
Nic Barnes

13th Nov 13 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a lot of people jealous of those with corsas IMHO
3CorsaMeal

13th Nov 13 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes

on here or are we talking about people giving you the "tosser" hand signal as you drive past, because that isn't jealousy
spencer88

13th Nov 13 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes

On the wrong forum then if you ask me

I liked my old B, was fine for what it was, a cheap little easy to repair diesel.

turbo B's seem to be fine at what people want form them, a very fast little car, not one for comfort and taking the family on holiday.

DaveyLC

13th Nov 13 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he's trolling
taylorboosh

13th Nov 13 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am jelous of a few on here. Then i remember how shit they are...

Would love a nice b with a sport interior.... Comfort perfection
P1NKY

13th Nov 13 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by P1NKY
I only just bought one as a daily drive at 29 so i can relive being 18 again best thing next to pulling a college bird lol

I picked one as a daily driver for my commute to save my "bigger better car" (defender) as I originally wanted a nova but theyre too pricey now... although I've just accidentally bought a shell lol

When you say too pricey, what sort of money are Novas going for Pinky? And do you mean all Novas, or just the flash ones?

Just one that i'd trust to do my commute trouble free. Most tidy ones I'd trust would be around 1500-2k mark. Most sub that mark have got faults or plenty of hidden ones. And for a little commuter a budget of 500 was more than sufficient in my eyes ive got half that in my sport and it entertains me.

This sports not let me down and cost me scrap money just looked like it crashed into halfords circa 2002 only thing ive noticed is theres not even that many in scrappys some of my fondest memories of college were raping corsas and novas in the scrappys for bits. I've had to travel all over to find standard parts.
Nic Barnes

13th Nov 13 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always people that don't own corsas that spoil threads with threats of violence and general abusive behaviour. Just goes to show how level headed and genuine corsa owners and drivers are.
3CorsaMeal

13th Nov 13 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could part ex my head studs and alternator for a corsa b. With cash my way imo
Jed D

13th Nov 13 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i find the 'corsa b scene' is still booming on facebook groups but its all about lowered corsa's with cheap exhausts, grill, fancy lights and cheap but 'cool' alloys...
nobodys getting stuck in with engines and building their own corsa... shame as their very easy cars to work on, theres so much more to do with them...

can also see corsa b's becoming like nova's. its already hard to find a really clean shell
Paul W
Premium Member

14th Nov 13 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh, I think the modified scene in general is kinda stale at the minute. People don't really seem to be trying, the extent of most things is coilovers/wheels/stick a few things on/done. There's not many cars where people have actually done intensive things with panels/interior and stuff. Also, in the age of finance where everybody has the bank own their cars there's really not much variety at all out there. I've found as well people in general seem to be more judgmental and status oriented, like owning a bmw makes you a superior being to owning a corsa. Things just seem to be a bit of a power trip instead of a hobby that brings like minded people together in a shared interest.

For example, I get alot of positive comments from random joe public, whereas comments within the modified car clique usually end in 'for a corsa' or 'for a more door' etc.

[Edited on 14-11-2013 by Paul W]

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Nic Barnes

14th Nov 13 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed completely.
SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SAL

Worked on a few up until earlier this year, but most of them were quite tatty. Only a couple were really straight and clean.
SVM 286

14th Nov 13 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
I only just bought one as a daily drive at 29 so i can relive being 18 again best thing next to pulling a college bird lol

I picked one as a daily driver for my commute to save my "bigger better car" (defender) as I originally wanted a nova but theyre too pricey now... although I've just accidentally bought a shell lol

When you say too pricey, what sort of money are Novas going for Pinky? And do you mean all Novas, or just the flash ones?

Just one that i'd trust to do my commute trouble free. Most tidy ones I'd trust would be around 1500-2k mark. Most sub that mark have got faults or plenty of hidden ones. And for a little commuter a budget of 500 was more than sufficient in my eyes ive got half that in my sport and it entertains me.

This sports not let me down and cost me scrap money just looked like it crashed into halfords circa 2002 only thing ive noticed is theres not even that many in scrappys some of my fondest memories of college were raping corsas and novas in the scrappys for bits. I've had to travel all over to find standard parts.

Bloody hell! So my Merit is probably worth at least five hundred quid then?
P1NKY

15th Nov 13 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nova merit? in good nick 500quid talk to me
Jed D

15th Nov 13 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

our futures fucked, look at the vauxhall adam for fucks sake...
thing like a ''clean'' corsa sport is only going to end up going up in price and rarer to find
John

15th Nov 13 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not.

What's up with the Adam? It's probably closer to the B than the D is.
Jed D

15th Nov 13 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not a fan of any modern car tbh.. i wouldn't mind seeing a z28net converted adam, think it'd be quite cool but its just not the same
Jed D

15th Nov 13 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sc0ott

15th Nov 13 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would look the same regardless of what engines under the closed bonnet.

My first car was a corsa b and it was shit after a while, would never get another. Newer cars are much better, but then you would make do with what you have and can afford, making yourself prefer what you have over what you cant have.
Corsa_Sport21

15th Nov 13 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fukin @ comparing a Nova to a Corsa VXR.

It sounds like you are saying the Corsa VXR isn't a patch on a Nova, where'as it is better in every single way.

The Nova is only better on the engine conversion side of things. Looks alone the VXR wins hands down. Plenty stuff out there for VXR's nowadays to make them into serious cars.

You only prefer the old cars, because you can't afford the like's of a VXR to mess with.
Jed D

15th Nov 13 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John

15th Nov 13 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even the whole engine conversion thing, it's only easier because your standard guy with a spanner can just bolt some bits together. Electronics are how modern cars work, there isn't really an excuse for not knowing how to do it other than not having the knowledge or the capacity to learn it.
BenC1985

16th Nov 13 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Fukin @ comparing a Nova to a Corsa VXR.

It sounds like you are saying the Corsa VXR isn't a patch on a Nova, where'as it is better in every single way.

The Nova is only better on the engine conversion side of things. Looks alone the VXR wins hands down. Plenty stuff out there for VXR's nowadays to make them into serious cars.

You only prefer the old cars, because you can't afford the like's of a VXR to mess with.

This all over. Ive owned a nova and driven a new shape corsa and the difference is night and day. This is why ive moved on from the corsa and bought a newer car. Drives better and alot more refined.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is the corsa b 'scene' dying/dead/hibernating? 23 database queries in 0.0206990 seconds