corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eCigs

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eCigs
Ben G

User status: Offline
12th Jan 14 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bunch of fags. Be a real man and go cold turkey.

I love the facebook posts from smokers who have ''given up'', yet smoke these all day instead.
LeeM

12th Jan 14 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, i don't smoke anymore. so id say I've given up smoking.
John

12th Jan 14 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do, just a dildo instead of a fag.

You haven't given up the addiction at all, just replaced it with something which is slightly less likely to give you cancer.
LeeM

12th Jan 14 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing wrong with nicotine. prove theres even a slight cancer risk with my ecig and ill accept your point.
Tommy

12th Jan 14 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use ecigs now and don't smoke, I have quit cold tukey before but found myself going back two years later, so if using the ecigs is gonna stop the likelihood of going back then im gonna stick with it. Not bothered if people think im not a "real man" or not just wanna keep healthy and sane.
Ben G

12th Jan 14 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do smoke though, you just don't smoke a conventional cigarette.
Cavey

12th Jan 14 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed. You're still addicted and having to buy something every month to satisfy your cravings
Tommy

12th Jan 14 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its not actual smoke and I spend more money on pepsi max a month, im more addicted to that.
Cavey

12th Jan 14 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf the Pepsi Max is probably worse for you than this
Tommy

12th Jan 14 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know but its soo good lol
evilrob
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You shouldn't drink cans of Pepsi Max - one exploded in someone's mouth, causing severe injury.
C2RL R

12th Jan 14 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucks sake people moan about smokers cause it stinks and is disgusting etc and then when people try to stop they then get abuse for not going cold turkey.
SVM 286

12th Jan 14 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bronchitis is good for stopping you smoking.
Dave

12th Jan 14 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
Fucks sake people moan about smokers cause it stinks and is disgusting etc and then when people try to stop they then get abuse for not going cold turkey.

Massively this. Given no choice I'd much rather someone was puffing on one of these near me instead of a stinking fag.
C2RL R

12th Jan 14 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've probably set myself up for a load more abuse with that last reply but fuck it.
Balling
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob, how much does that thing weigh? Looks absolutely huge in that pic.

evilrob
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Rob, how much does that thing weigh? Looks absolutely huge in that pic.

You're not on Snapchat now, fella.
Balling
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
prove theres even a slight cancer risk with my ecig and ill accept your point.
Just to be clear, I'm not trying to convince anyone that these things are dangerous, but that's a bit of a lame point of view, isn't it?

Smoking eCigs saves you money? Fair enough!

Less smell and bad breath? Good point, smoke away!

Want to be (more) healthy? Don't fucking introduce pointless substances in to your lungs and assume that's it's probably not too bad.

Now, personally I'd not expect the air you inhale through one of these things to be any worse than what you breathe in central London or any other big city, but that doesn't mean that it's healthy.
"Not proven cancerous" doesn't equal "proven not cancerous" - it's as simple as that.

Now, the reason I'm saying this is that in a month or two years or maybe ten, someone is going to prove that this shit makes you sterile, impotent, makes your hair fall out or something along those lines.
At that point a bunch of adults will take to the internet and cry like babies, because "nobody told us it was dangerous!!!".

I'm not saying you'll be one of those adults, but they'll be there.

Two things makes me certain of this.

1. I have a very basic understanding of how the lungs work, and they're quite important yet fragile fucking things. Read up on how crucial they are to your survival (hint: oxygen) and maybe you'll be inclined to treat them better.

2. This is nothing new. There was a point where cigarettes weren't harmful either. After all, it's just dried plants. How could it be dangerous?

Balling
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
You're not on Snapchat now, fella.

John

12th Jan 14 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The first legitimate link under the daily mail type ones on Google says that they've had some research done and they have other substances that may cause cancer (I know everything does these days anyway). I just couldn't be annoyed posting it. I'm not smoking them and I found out in 2 seconds, someone putting it into their body should have done a bit of research.

As per my original point, because they are unregulated, there is no control over them. Couple this with the fact they are being imported (who really knows the origin?), and you've got a recipe for aids and bird flu mixed in a with your toilet water and nicotine.
evilrob
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
The first legitimate link under the daily mail type ones on Google says that they've had some research done and they have other substances that may cause cancer (I know everything does these days anyway). I just couldn't be annoyed posting it. I'm not smoking them and I found out in 2 seconds, someone putting it into their body should have done a bit of research.

As per my original point, because they are unregulated, there is no control over them. Couple this with the fact they are being imported (who really knows the origin?), and you've got a recipe for aids and bird flu mixed in a with your toilet water and nicotine.

For precisely this reason (i.e. having done my homework) I don't buy off the shelf eCigs from China (or anywhere else for that matter) and, like Lee, I make my own liquid using EU-sourced pharmaceutical grade nicotine solution. I also build my own atomisers using Kanthal wire and surgical grade stainless steel wick as many of the one you buy ready-made contain fibreglass.
Balling
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
For precisely this reason (i.e. having done my homework) I don't buy off the shelf eCigs from China (or anywhere else for that matter) and, like Lee, I make my own liquid using EU-sourced pharmaceutical grade nicotine solution. I also build my own atomisers using Kanthal wire and surgical grade stainless steel wick as many of the one you buy ready-made contain fibreglass.
So you're actually saying there are major health concerns regarding electronic cigarettes?

evilrob
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
So you're actually saying there are major health concerns regarding electronic cigarettes?

No, I'm saying that as with anything you buy, if you get wonky cheap Chinese knock-offs there's likely to be some sort of tradeoff in terms of materials used, workmanship, hygiene etc.

There are several known carcinogens in 'analogue' cigarette smoke:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cigarette_smoke_carcinogens

I'm happy to accept that it may turn out that maybe some of the flavourings I use happen to use are carcinogenic as well (although I only use food grade flavourings so they should be generally considered 'safe') or even that nicotine itself turns out to be carcinogenic. Either way, I'm still consuming fewer carcinogens as my liquid contains precisely 3 ingredients and consumed in a device which I maintain myself, is boiled regularly for hygiene and just generally trying to be a little bit conscientious about what I'm putting in myself.

The logical conclusion is to stop putting fucking nicotine in myself, obviously. I'll get there eventually, but for now this is the lesser of the two evils as I am a grumpy motherfucker without nicotine. (and with, to be fair, but to a lesser degree)

[Edited on 12-01-2014 by evilrob]
John

12th Jan 14 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many people do what you and Lee do and how many buy Chinese stuff? Probably a tiny percentage doing it your way.
evilrob
Premium Member

12th Jan 14 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
How many people do what you and Lee do and how many buy Chinese stuff? Probably a tiny percentage doing it your way.

I don't disagree. If you're stupid enough to ingest any old bollocks you deserve any ill effects of having done so.

I hope their dicks fall off, tbh.

That said, I still reckon even the wonkiest of eCigs is less bad for you than actual cigarettes.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eCigs 23 database queries in 0.0160520 seconds