corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Skiers/Boarders

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Skiers/Boarders
CorsAsh

User status: Offline
27th Feb 14 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
cheers guys... think you may have helped make my mind up! thinking mitts now as i get the msot absurdly cold hands! on those level ones, do they have a built in liner? seems so, therefore assume you dont need to buy a seperate liner also?
The liners are separate, as are the protector inserts. But they're fixed into the outer shell with Velcro so you can't take off the outer without the other bits. Best off with extra liners as Rich recommends.
Rob_Quads

27th Feb 14 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your hands get rely cold you can fit hand warmers between the liners. I've done it on mine a few times when its been really cold and they have been a life saver as my hands often get cold and find once my hands are cold i'm screwed
Graeme
Premium Member

28th Feb 14 at 00:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I much prefer my mits to gloves.

I tend to take a small skinny back pack with my off piste kit and carry a few pairs of gloves as spares.

A helmet I would but now. Really good to have your own helmet when learning and you will always gets goggles to fit. Make sure you go into a store and try them as all fit different.

May look a bit odd trying just on its own but once your all kitted up Definatly doesn't.
RichR
Premium Member

28th Feb 14 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

End of Season sales have started today; shortest season in history this year!
Robbo

28th Feb 14 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got the jacket, pants and impact shorts in the sales... gonna wait for the goggles to go on sale now too

Will stop by Ellis Brighams in Covent Garden at the weekend and have a look at helmets and socks and that
RichR
Premium Member

28th Feb 14 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a snow and rock in Covent Garden too - both are helpful. I ended up leaving London after last year's marathon with two snowboards and a back protector!!
Robbo

28th Feb 14 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will swing by there too then
FAZ
Premium Member

2nd Mar 14 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't be doing with boarding

Greetings from cervinia Italian / swiss border

Robbo

2nd Mar 14 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:/
CorsAsh

2nd Mar 14 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing about Snowboarding over skiing is not walking around like RoboCop at lunch or apres ski.
Robbo

2nd Mar 14 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you/can you wear the boarding boots around the resort a la snow/moon boots? Seems like you could, given the design...
Cavey

2nd Mar 14 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really. They're still quite rigid.
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Mar 14 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't take mine off après ski until I go back for a shower and then I wear trainers-moon boots are for public school girls and the French.

I've done a first lift, last lift day-straight into après and then just stayed out in what I was wearing-fell asleep in a club and the staff covered me up with coats out of lost property-that was the whole night in board boots-quick shower in the morning and back out.
John

2nd Mar 14 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can imagine Orbbo with a set of Uggs.
Robbo

2nd Mar 14 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

man uggs yo
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Mar 14 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've spent the afternoon rewaxing all the boards after Chamonix last week, repacking all the gear and now we're all set now for Val Thorens 2 weeks on Friday.

If you take to skiing/boarding, it does take over your life-we forgo a summer holiday to have two winter holidays. We've got big plans for Canada next year and Japan in the next couple of years - pretty much all of our lives revolve around the winter season.
Robbo

2nd Mar 14 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not one for sitting on a beach for more than a day or 2 tbh, i much prefer city breaks so hopefully that way of doing things works well for me!
Rob_Quads

2nd Mar 14 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
If you take to skiing/boarding, it does take over your life-we forgo a summer holiday to have two winter holidays. We've got big plans for Canada next year and Japan in the next couple of years - pretty much all of our lives revolve around the winter season.

+1 We ditched summer holiday to go boarding more. Can highly recommend Whistler if you do go to Canada. Its really is as good as most of the views say. Been 3 times in the last few years including a honeymoon
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Mar 14 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate is doing a season in whistler next year so it's on the cards but I fancy road tripping and doing a few areas doing about 3 weeks - same with Japan!!
Robbo

2nd Mar 14 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a few friends from home lived in whistelr for 3 years, the pics were always stunning! was suppsoed to go visit but every time i tried to book, flights were crazy expensive
Rob_Quads

2nd Mar 14 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah flights are the big killer - even when 'cheap' they are over £400. Our last trip there (2011) we really noticed the prices in the place had gone up. Whether that was down to the post Olympics I don't know but its not cheap.
That said its great to have friendly lifties, a queuing system that just works and obviously awesome mountains.
Robbo

2nd Mar 14 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these pants (i have) http://www.ellis-brigham.com/products/nike/mens-cargo-pants/305304

with these boots? (in the sale) http://www.junkyard.com/Product.aspx?ProductId=26805&ProductDetailId=343934

Robbo

2nd Mar 14 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theyre the same colour, in case it wasnt obvious
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Mar 14 at 07:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't choose boots online or by their appearance-go to a shop and try on every single pair and take in the experience of the sales person. Boots will make or break your using experience. My first set of boots left me in agony after only a few minutes on the slopes as they had no arch support and kept my foot flat which in turn kept the tendon to my big toe permanently in tension when I wore them-all the vibrations and feeling through the board was felt 10 fold and it was excruciating. They were burton motos which are the world's most popular boot.

I've had a few sets since but I'm a NorthWave fan now having had Legacys last and now Freedoms and they're ridiculously comfortable especially with superfeet soles in them.

You may find that boots are the one item you can't buy which match eveything else, you really do need substance over style.
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Mar 14 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally, I'm not a fan of lace up boots. For one, they're too fiddly but that aside, they don't give you enough adjustment. With other boot types, pull cords like NorthWave and ThirtyTwo and BOA like salomon and others, you have the ability to set the shin tightness differently to the foot tightness which makes for a more comfortable day out. I ride loose across my feet and tight across my shin which I couldn't do with laces.

I'm not a massive fan of boa, my missus has them and they're too easy to undo - if you catch the dial, they sprig open but at least you can fasten them up with gloves on. In addition, some boa systems only adjust the whole boot (like laces), you need the dual one if you go for boa.

However, what is good for one person won't be for another, the only advice I would give is that you actually have to go and try on as many pairs as possible, don't settle I the first and make sure you walk around wearing them; push your shins into the boots to check how your toes withdraw from the inside etc.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Skiers/Boarders 22 database queries in 0.0334198 seconds