corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Games - Sponsored by Pulling out of europe

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Midweek Games - Sponsored by Pulling out of europe
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Apr 14 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0 shots on target in the first half from both sides.

Cant say either team threatened with much aplomb in the first half
mwg

10th Apr 14 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes we did look good at the back. Bayern didn't create much until we scored/they scored, they couldn't get through.

Love how Vidic still manages to get his head on 99% of crosses, absolute monster in that respect
mwg

10th Apr 14 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rooney scuffing that shot was annoying too, wonder if that was down to his toe. You'd bank on him to score that normally
Hammer

10th Apr 14 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think we can safely say United and Moyes are much, much better than people give either credit for after the 2 leg display against the best side in Europe.
chrisritch

10th Apr 14 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Think we can safely say United and Moyes are much, much better than people give either credit for after the 2 leg display against the best side in Europe.

Which makes their pathetic attempt in the league more shocking.

mwg

10th Apr 14 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed, something wrong if you can only turn it on for certain games
chrisritch

10th Apr 14 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Much like we used to do
Eck
Premium Member

10th Apr 14 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems like Moyes has finally established his favoured squad/formation. A solid cb (in fact, two) and a proper box to box midfielder could transform them.
Hammer

10th Apr 14 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:

From a Liverpool fan

As I keep saying, with a few Transfer Window's under his belt United will be a far different and more difficult proposition for everyone in the league.
chrisritch

10th Apr 14 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

From a Liverpool fan

As I keep saying, with a few Transfer Window's under his belt United will be a far different and more difficult proposition for everyone in the league.

As I said, Going from winning the league to 7th is poor.

Admittedly we went from 2nd to 7th but I did say its what we used to do

[Edited on 10-04-2014 by chrisritch]
Marc

10th Apr 14 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

10th Apr 14 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talksport earlier ripped to bits Moyes tactics last night, especially in the moments after Evra scored.

Saying that, I think United showed a good account of themselves, i just wonder with a quicker thinking more tactical manager could the outcome have been different?
Hammer

10th Apr 14 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

From a Liverpool fan

Liverpool were reaching the latter stages and even winning the Champions League when they couldn't kick their own arse in the league. This was when guys like Benitez had their own squad of players in place and had built them over a period of years.

Moyes can be judged when he has had the same length of time in the job.
Hammer

10th Apr 14 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Talksport earlier ripped to bits Moyes tactics last night, especially in the moments after Evra scored.

Saying that, I think United showed a good account of themselves, i just wonder with a quicker thinking more tactical manager could the outcome have been different?

Stop listening to TalkSport.
Marc

10th Apr 14 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AlexSXI

10th Apr 14 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Stop listening to TalkShite.

Steve
Premium Member

10th Apr 14 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They didnt just say "Moyes tactics were wank"

They made some valid points about players that should have been changed, and where they should have altered there positions on the pitch and what jobs they should have been doing.

Aswell as pointing out Moyes didnt offer any immediate instructions after the goal, was just pretty much silent.

Should have at least run down the touchline
Robbo

10th Apr 14 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

From a Liverpool fan

[IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f16/chrisritch/table_zps4d320ec5.jpg[IMG]

and liverpool fans wonder why NOBODY wants them to do well this season....
Robbo

10th Apr 14 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sometimes i think ham ham and eck are thge only ones who talk sense across all topics... i wonder if thats the beauty of impartiality
Robbo

10th Apr 14 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

re. utd, fans need to be PATIENT and stop bitching, get behind your team. Your lord and saviour Fergie left uou in the serious SHIT... take the 2 Liverpudlian clubs back to their usual positions and take out some jittery home performances (there IS a reason you have the best away record in the league, as i said before) and youd be fighting us for 3rd/4th which wouldnt be bad in a major major transition state. You have £100m in the bank as of end of 2013 so youve plenty of room to go and spunk the money on some decent players, youre just like us lasts eason - clear the deadwood, add some youth and bring in some (ie more than ONE! ) WC player and youll be back in the hunt. THEN judge Moyes.
Robbo

10th Apr 14 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That said, i think in the medium-longer term at Utd, Moyes wont compete with the Guardiola's and Ancelotti's etc. or even the Klopp's and Rodger's and Simeone's once they have money behind them

IMO
mwg

10th Apr 14 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're talking bollocks re: the home performances being down to the fans. Unless they've been playing cheering and chanting over the speakers. The only times there's been boos was when that plane went over with the banner on

[Edited on 10-04-2014 by mwg]
Robbo

10th Apr 14 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so why you doing so much better away from home?

even at the villa match afetr the plane shenanigans, it was silent before, during and after Villa led, until you gusy scored!
Robbo

10th Apr 14 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a diff between booing and creating an atmosphere... i havent heard any booing either (asuide from liverpool/city perhaps) but the atmosphere has been noticeably poor all season long
Hammer

10th Apr 14 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
They didnt just say "Moyes tactics were wank"

They made some valid points about players that should have been changed, and where they should have altered there positions on the pitch and what jobs they should have been doing.

Aswell as pointing out Moyes didnt offer any immediate instructions after the goal, was just pretty much silent.

Should have at least run down the touchline

Yes those bastions of footballing greatness made many 'valid points' hence the reason Moyes is managing one of the biggest clubs in the World and they are locked in a cupboard dishing out coaching advice.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Games - Sponsored by Pulling out of europe 23 database queries in 0.0156729 seconds