corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  37    38    39    40    41    42    43  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Jun 11 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

usual bullshit there, nothing really concrete.. they should just not bother asking people who cant give a straight answer.

still dont know if its just the squad leader you can spawn on or your entire squad even tho the question was asked. lol
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats guys a dev, they're only allowed to say so much still some interesting points though.

Want more MP footage
JonnyJ

9th Jun 11 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
2 years to make new maps and weapon skins, I think next year or 2 years time when IW make a new CoD game they will introduce a new game engine and maybe vehicle gameplay like United Offensive, although I think Treyarch will do that next year. BF is going to tear them a new arsehole this year, although there's still plenty of 14 year old American kids that will buy it.

Problem i think this year was that split in IW. Activision have had to bring in 2 of their own developers to get the game done.

This game was always going to be shit and see nothing new. Think Activision need a rethink about how they go about getting games out if they want COD to remain the most popular FPS because from now on they are going to be living on the brand, not the actual content of the game. Need to stop this Treyarch/IW/Whoever else they can find shite, get one focused developer and give them a few years to rework the game, possibly from scratch and let them focus on continuing to evolve the game in the future.

The only reason COD will sell this year is because there is still millions of "floating fans/casual players" who dont really look into the games through their development as such, they will just see a new COD title been released and buy it.
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Treyarch in the past always delivered the best COD experience.

they did united offensive and world at war, both with more of a harder side to the game, all activisions attempts just seem completley arcadey.. which is fine, but i would rather play something that challenges me.
Russ

9th Jun 11 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disagree. Cod 1,2 and 4 are as good as cod got/gets
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UO and 4 I would say are the best in the franchise, UO was mega and what got me really interested in FPS. Fucking loved BASE with a passion, and the amount of user made maps was unreal. Some epic maps to play on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUA_8gMY57U
chris_uk
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Disagree. Cod 1,2 and 4 are as good as cod got/gets

swap 4 with UO and id agree with that.
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jets will be in Conquest mode only according to some foreign site, that's all I played anyway
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the awards BF3 is nominated for at E3 so far

Russ

10th Jun 11 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

re: dinosaur

The reason it is in there is because of 4chan.
MW got a bad reception from 4chan, so apparently when somebody asked why (expecting a serious answer), the first reply said lack of dinosaurs.
Russ

10th Jun 11 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably not really activision, but lol anyway
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Jun 11 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Day 2 pics

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150197550277672.312757.308775617671

Day 3 pics

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150198606177672.313064.308775617671
Nath

10th Jun 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dinosaurs
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Jun 11 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Q: What can we expect for PC requirements to run BF3?
A: We’d love to tell you, but we’re not quite ready to release minimum specs just yet. I can tell you that the specs will not be anything crazy or Crysis-like. More details to come.

Q: Will we see the command rose or something similar?
A: That’s a good question! We do offer a lot of set up and customization on the PC for people to decide how they want to play. I’m not exactly sure how we’ll be doing the command rose.

Q: Will there be a server browser for consoles?
A: There will not be a server browser for consoles. We just recently announced "battle log" which is PC based but it’s a really friendly community tool. It allows you to branch out with friends and set up and join private matches. It’s also great for E-Sports, if you’re playing competitively, because it’s going to work with MLG and ESL and all those partners. So you’ll be able to authenticate matches without having to take screenshots and all that kind of stuff because the data feed is going to be encrypted and secure and be sent to them.

Q: How many weapon customizations can be expected?
A: Thousands! Probably tens or hundreds of thousands. This is the biggest battlefield we’ve ever made so the customization is huge and open. There’s three slots on every weapon so you can clip things on like a flashlight or flash suppressor, tons and tons of things. Optics… I can’t even believe how many optics they’ve gotten into the game.

Q: Will there be day and night cycles in multiplayer and if so how will they work?
A: Not so much cycles, instead we have day and night maps.

Today also marks the last day of E3, a lot has been uncovered about BF3, and this is more to add to the list! Also revealed is that jets will not be available in TDM and Rush modes. The maps simply are not large enough for jets, the jets will be in Conquest though. We'll have more post E3 coverage of Battlefield 3 in the coming days.
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Jun 11 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://battlefieldo.com/?p=1082
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Jun 11 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol at the dinosaur thing, turns out it's true aswell
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Jun 11 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://kotaku.com/5810589/these-are-your-favourite-games-of-e3-2011
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Jun 11 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MP gameplay analysis

http://youtu.be/TkiSRwzqI_c
Russ

11th Jun 11 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you on tonight mwg?
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Jun 11 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can more people buy BF3 for the correct platform please, thanks.
Russ

11th Jun 11 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you buy me a pc plox
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Jun 11 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I win the lottery before then I'll buy you one
Russ

11th Jun 11 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i win i'll buy you a 360, dunno about the xbox live gold, depends how much i win
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Jun 11 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to start buying parts for mine soon, not even started yet!
Russ

11th Jun 11 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apparently, its not even that resource heavy.

the "not crysis spec" surely means c2d and a 8800GTS onwards will be ok for low/med settings.

saying that, it looks pimp on high settings

[Edited on 11-06-2011 by Russ]

<<  37    38    39    40    41    42    43  >>

New Poll