corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*

New Poll
  <<  37    38    39    40    41    42    43  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*
sharpy28

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 13 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the attention to detail on this! Looks awsome in "track trim" to!
Corsa_Sport21

23rd Sep 13 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually prefer that in track guise. Looks like it serves a purpose now. Not of fan of these with the bigger wheels and lower profile tyres.
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not the first person(people) to say it looks better as it is!

I do like the chunkier tyres, even if I'm not a huge fan of the design of the 17's which are currently on it.

Still trying to figure out what 'scene' means, Ben?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Not the first person(people) to say it looks better as it is!

I do like the chunkier tyres, even if I'm not a huge fan of the design of the 17's which are currently on it.

Still trying to figure out what 'scene' means, Ben?

He means the tow strap. Doing a Steve. Prepping the car and only doing sessions even though you have a full day booked
flybikeslee

23rd Sep 13 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you buried your girlfriend yet?
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
He means the tow strap.

Ah, fair enough. I was given the impression from the briefing/marshals at Trax that an on-display (and easy to find) tow strap/eye was mandatory for a track day unless I wanted a recovery truck snapping something, bending something or ripping something off.

I can't use a "hard" tow eye on the front whilst still having the fog light cover in place - and the car howls like a bastard without it, so strap it is. Tucks away nicely between track days - winner.

Will just screw the OEM one into the back, if I can find the hole for it...

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
have you buried your girlfriend yet?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
pow
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely anything that's going to tow you out will destroy the fog light cover!?
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It pops right out, so assuming I'm conscious ( ) I'll be removing it first - but even so... destroying a 40-50quid cover beats ripping the bumper off...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

23rd Sep 13 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with ben, 1 track day and now your the stig building a race car...
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a bit harsh. I've made a few references regarding much I sucked from a driving point of view at Silverstone so the Stig comment is a bit misplaced, but Trax served it's purpose of a test-run and identified a couple of areas which needed addressing on the car. 3 laps of the Silverstone national circuit is a pretty shocking effort from the brakes... so I've addressed them.

Wheels/tyres came up cheap and so I jumped on them, and I got a tow strap to meet track day regulations.

I've still got my interior, I don't need to climb into my car through a climbing frame and I've not got plastic windows - but I've got a car now which is (hopefully) pretty sorted for trackdays without spoiling it's daily drive attributes.

It was always my intention to use this car, not keep it clean and then sell it. I don't feel comfortable using it properly on the road, so a few non-competitive track days a year seems like a pretty responsible approach... and I've been talking about it in this thread since July - so it's hardly just popped into my head.

Anyway, been talking to my insurer today - they offer a track day "bolt on" to my existing policy which is £60 per track day and a £1500 excess. I think I'm tempted, I don't think I'll be pushing the limits so much myself - but I was quite shocked at the disregard of trackday etiquette at Silverstone and I'd rather not be wiped out by somebody elses incompetence.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Wrighty

23rd Sep 13 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some people on here
Chris C

23rd Sep 13 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
some people on here

Car looks good on the 17's mate, good luck on you're track day
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus Christ, it's not like he's stripped it beyond recognition and covered it in shit stickers.

It's a daily drive that's taken for a play so what's the big deal!?
BarnshaW

23rd Sep 13 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ignore them kyle, changing the wheels, adding a tow strap and come coilover extenders does not make you one of the elite clan, better doing this then dyeing roofs
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good Kyle!

Apparently you're going to need the white overalls and full face helmet now you've changed your wheels and added a tow strap...

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure your insurance covers semi slicks. On track I mean iirc green light wouldn't do
It for some one with an r26r

[Edited on 23-09-2013 by VrsTurbo]
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Make sure your insurance covers semi slicks.

surely a legal road tyre is a legal road tyre.. you wouldnt tell them if you put snow tyres on your car... would you?
Ben G

23rd Sep 13 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
I agree with ben, 1 track day and now your the stig building a race car...

I didn't mean it like that, just hate those trs tow straps with a passion.

As it tucks away when on out on the road, it's much better. Good idea there kyle.
Ben G

23rd Sep 13 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
ignore them kyle, changing the wheels, adding a tow strap and come coilover extenders does not make you one of the elite clan, better doing this then dyeing roofs

bellend. See above.
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Sep 13 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont like them tow straps because of how they mount, your not putting the strain on the bolt head on but prising it away if you know what i mean.

if rather just buy a tow hook and put it in for track days and leave it off when not on them.. but thats me.
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Sep 13 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed I'd much rather a tow eye being in place, both for structural reasons and aesthetics - but as I said, I can't get one in without having the fog cover removed.

I had the fog cover removed for a day or two a while ago whilst I had the cover resprayed, and the car howled/whistled like a bastard - and it can't be good for the aerodynamics, and we all know how aerodynamically efficient an Impreza is normally

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Sep 13 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll check regarding the R888's on the insurance, would be surprised if it's not covered though - who's to say I didn't pick them as my road tyre innocently and just happened to take them on track?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Steve
Premium Member

25th Sep 13 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
quote:
Make sure your insurance covers semi slicks.

surely a legal road tyre is a legal road tyre.. you wouldnt tell them if you put snow tyres on your car... would you?

Technically you're meant to
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Sep 13 at 08:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fairy muff.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

25th Sep 13 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more cat pics

<<  37    38    39    40    41    42    43  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD* 24 database queries in 0.0246711 seconds