corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread

New Poll
  <<  37    38    39    40    41    42    43  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread
Chrissy
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Jul 13 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
Please please please let Webber catch ze German. Please let Red Bull impose team orders that Webber can't challenge for the pass....and PLEASE let Webber give them the finger (and maybe run ze German off the track as he goes by)

This would be fucking incredible.

>>>> Chris <<<<

Ben G

28th Jul 13 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearly had a heart attack then
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Jul 13 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These yellow helmet's are gonna be the death of me.

Brb new pants

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Aaron

28th Jul 13 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HAHA, German cunt having a little cry there
Conway563

28th Jul 13 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vettel is such a little bitch
Ben G

28th Jul 13 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesyesyesyesyes!!!!!

Lewis and kimi
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Jul 13 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeeeeeeeeeessssssss

Do it again for me in Belgium Lewie baby, keep my 100% live attendance Hamilton win rate alive

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

28th Jul 13 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

''The best i've ever seen in my life''

What a compliment from niki lauda!
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Jul 13 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does Crofty keel saying he was lucky?

He had to overtake three vaguely competitive cars and did so within one turn each time... unlike certain other drivers.

He was lucky not to blow up or get a safety car, but thats about all

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

28th Jul 13 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Jul 13 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit seems to be kicking off with Alonso and Ferrari.

Rumours of FA to RBR and DiMozzerellaro giving Nando some stick publicly.

I like Alonso, but he's a dangerous man to piss off as McLaren learned and he's pretty much carried Ferrari since he's been there so brave move by Luca.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Steve
Premium Member

29th Jul 13 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vettel wont be happy about that
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Jul 13 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would be quite a shock to see Horner line Vettel up like that, would make or break his reputation whereas Alonso has always got the convenient excuse of "The team is built around Sebastien".

I'm not sure Alonso is the best qualifier tbh, so he'd have a tough time matching Vettel if the Redbull cars continue to be front row competitive.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
fred7

29th Jul 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not down to horner tho to pick who he wants. Down to helmut marko (spelling) horner has a say but its not his team. Would love to see FA at RBR tho would shake things up and piss luca off
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Jul 13 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If not Horner it wouldn't be Marko, he's an advisor.

I thought Dietrich Massiveshits owned the team? He recruited Newey IIRC so I guess it would fall to him if they feel Horner can't make the call.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dave

29th Jul 13 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd imagine it would be a group decision, I can't see one man making the call.

It would be great for the sport though, seeing two of the best drivers battling in the most competitive car, it's been a while since that happened.
Ben G

29th Jul 13 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alonso does need to fuck ferrari off. Wasting his career there. They are pretty shit at upgrades.

Look at last season. Let down by his team.
JonnyJ

30th Jul 13 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having had to play the 'avoid all internet/tv/radio game all sunday and monday finally got round to watching it 'as live' last night...worth the wait or what!!

Was literally on the edge of my seat all race, i darent move incase something went wrong Superb drive from Lewis, a win that started on saturday with that brilliant pole ehich he followed up with a flawless race, that turn 3 take on Webber was why i love the boy so much, opportunistic, daring, precise. Heart was in mouth when he went for it, jumped off the seat when he made it.

Got to give credit to the Merc team too, who made 3 brilliant pit stops and some great strategy calls, take note Mclaren, thats how you make competent calls and follow them through with good pit work. Credit to JB too, who drove just slow enough to hold up Seb but keep him behind.

Damn this break, i want to next race this weekend now! Really hope this weekend was a sign of things to come but it seems to change race after race.

I see Alonso is mouthing off and been grumpy now, take it people hate him now, drivers cant be grumpy after losing, oh no.

He'll never win a race this season at Merc they said, horrible career move they said... Get it up ye, ya cunts
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jul 13 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Part of me thinks JB made it as difficult as possible for Vettel t get past, but pretty much gave in easy for Lewis for that very reason
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jul 13 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either way in the rest room at the end I heard Vettel say "i was held up by Jenson" shut up you twat, more like you just werent good enough to get past
Rob_Quads

30th Jul 13 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a good race at the weekend.

I don't think JB made it any easier for Hamilton to get past I just think Hamilton had a quick car, combined with decent DRS. When you eventually got round to replaying it you could see he was up next to him by the time he got to the corner on speed alone. Button did try and get him back round the next corner but Hamilton made it stick

Vettel on the other hand did not have the top end speed to get past. You also saw it at the end with the Lotus. His tyres were miles better than Kimi and could get him round the corners but when it came to the straight even with DRS he had no way to overtake the same as against JB.

I actually felt a bit sorry for Grosjean. IMO He did not deserve a drive through. Yes he went over the line but so did lots of other people and I don't but the whole they did not gain from it. Well they obviously did otherwise they would not have done it. If that then meant they got into DRS to grab a place they made the advantage. I think they need to either stick to the rule all the time or just get rid of it.
In the post race interview he was very mature (for once) about the button incident and straight away said that he mis-judged the track and though it was wider and it was his fault for not allowing more space

Its interesting to see how the tyre changes have affected the teams. Some its really screwed other and others seem to have gained.
JonnyJ

30th Jul 13 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Part of me thinks JB made it as difficult as possible for Vettel t get past, but pretty much gave in easy for Lewis for that very reason

Doubt it, Id lose even more respect for JB if he did, hes a racing driver, he shouldnt be letting anyone past. Vettel couldnt get past because he didnt have the straight line speed to do it and JB did defend well. Lewis did him in the straight with DRS. I reckon RB made to error of thinking vettel would breeze past Lewis when his tyres went and didnt gear him for DRS passing.
Dave

30th Jul 13 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wondered where you'd got to

Alonso to RB rumours seem to be gathering pace, TBF if I was Alonso I'd be seriously losing patience with Ferrari too, he's pretty much carrying that team and they just aren't improving at all, if anything they are going backwards.

Hamiltons post race interview was a bit (lot) cringeworthy though. Absolutely bosses the race then turns into some whimpering little girl.
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Jul 13 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the first stint Vettel got in DRS range of Hamilton but hismax speed in the zone was only just mstxmatching that of the Merc without DRS.

Sebs car is setup for Pole and run, not for racing. Aslong as Hamilton can keep out qualifying Vettel he's got a real chance. I dont think this is a miracle turn around for Hungary either, nor a "there's no fast corners in Hungary" as Hamilton was doing the exact same in Britain till his tyre disintegrated.

[Edited on 30-07-2013 by Kyle T]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

30th Jul 13 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
In the first stint Vettel got in DRS range of Hamilton but hismax speed in the zone was only just mstxmatching that of the Merc without DRS.

Sebs car is setup for Pole and run, not for racing. Aslong as Hamilton can keep out qualifying Vettel he's got a real chance. I dont think this is a miracle turn around for Hungary either, nor a "there's no fast corners in Hungary" as Hamilton was doing the exact same in Britain till his tyre disintegrated.

[Edited on 30-07-2013 by Kyle T]

Aye, as i said i think they banked on Merc smashing their tyres, making Lewis easy prey for Seb, even without straight line speed and it backfired as they held on pretty well, Lewis was even banging in fastest laps fairly deep into his stint. That said, we don't know truly how close it is as Seb getting held up made it hard to tell the real performance gap between RB and Merc. It looked pretty close though as when both in clear air, they near enough matched each other give or take a tenth every other lap.

The Nurburgring is the anomaly for me, what happened to Merc there? Was it just the fact they only changed the rears? It seems odd that the two tracks people have predicted Merc would struggle at recently (Silverstone and Hungary) they've won them both, whereas i think many thought they had a good shout in Germany. Whatever the answer is you have to hand it to the team/driver that they managed to pull out a win and a pole on these tyres (and in the heat) having not tested them when the others had 3 days on them!

Onto the Alonso to RB rumours...that would be pretty insane, never saw that coming. Alonso likes to be "the man" in the team, a clear number 1, he wouldnt get that at RB alongside Seb, so he must be thinking Ferrari are no hopers. Its also a risky move with the big rule changes coming as theres nothing to say that RB will be the number 1 team anymore, even though you'd imagine they'd be up there with Newey in charge of it. Would be fascinating to see. Who would get the drive at Ferrari? They'd need a big name. Raikonnen back? Vettel to jump ship if Alonso arrives?

<<  37    38    39    40    41    42    43  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0300632 seconds