corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013

New Poll
  <<  37    38    39    40    41    42    43  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2013
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Mar 13 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant beat the looks and uk made quality of hope. not 100% sure if the preformance is that much bwtter though

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Simon

25th Mar 13 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think price is the only negative of Hope stuff generally is price! I've a set of forumula RX on mine and apart form changing pads they've needed no maintenance in the year and half I've owned them
Doug

25th Mar 13 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are Avid brakes like these days?

Can pick up a set of 2012 Avid Elixir 7's with carbon blades for £185

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/mtb-parts/brakes/disc-brakes/sram-avid-disc-brakes/avid-elixir-7-carbon-disc-brakes-front-rear-set.html
ed

25th Mar 13 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always had Hope in the past, my new bike came stock with some non-series Shimano crap and you can really tell the difference. The Hope's were infinitely better!
podgeworth

25th Mar 13 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
What are Avid brakes like these days?

Can pick up a set of 2012 Avid Elixir 7's with carbon blades for £185

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/mtb-parts/brakes/disc-brakes/sram-avid-disc-brakes/avid-elixir-7-carbon-disc-brakes-front-rear-set.html

Absolute shite, can't beat shimano/hope/formulas
Cole

25th Mar 13 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant fault my elixir 5s
Rick Draper

25th Mar 13 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Are Hope brakes worth paying a premium for?

I really like the look of the Evo X2's but it's going to be about £300 by the time I have ordered rotors and calliper adaptors.

You cannot go wrong with the newer Shimano servo wave brakes IMHO. For the money the SLX and XT ones are brilliant, not much else comes close.
deano87

25th Mar 13 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking Royal Mail.

Received some handlebars last year from Chain Reaction Cycles in a standard handlebar box, approx 750mm wide. This was sent 1st Class.

Sold some other handlebars via eBay for £15 + £3.15 2nd Class Recorded postage. Remember I have the box from CRC so use that. Happy days.

Get to the Post Office. Too long for anything normal and had to send Parcelforce express48. £11.60.

Phone Royal Mail to complain and apparently busy users may have negotiated different rates and sizes...
Doug

25th Mar 13 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:

I really like the look of the Evo X2's but it's going to be about £300 by the time I have ordered rotors and calliper adaptors.

You cannot go wrong with the newer Shimano servo wave brakes IMHO. For the money the SLX and XT ones are brilliant, not much else comes close.

Something like these?

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/mtb-parts/brakes/disc-brakes/shimano-disc-brakes/shimano-xt-m785-disc-brake-set-front-rear-black.html

Look fairly smart, just need some rotors to go with them.
Simon

25th Mar 13 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did anyone register for the Brighton to London offforad? Was just in the pub with mate I was riding with, brought the ride up, he looked confused, checked his phone and realised he is in Itlaly! Now looking for a companion...
deano87

25th Mar 13 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And now I've sold something on eBay for £10, specified UK only. And a buyer from Portugal
Doug

25th Mar 13 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
And now I've sold something on eBay for £10, specified UK only. And a buyer from Portugal

It all comes in 3's Deano. What's next?
Doug

25th Mar 13 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Did anyone register for the Brighton to London offforad? Was just in the pub with mate I was riding with, brought the ride up, he looked confused, checked his phone and realised he is in Itlaly! Now looking for a companion...

That does sound good. I wonder if I would be able to get the fitness up for that. Quite tempted tbh.
Jamie Walby

25th Mar 13 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yes Simon I am doing it.
Doug

25th Mar 13 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:

Yes Simon I am doing it.

How hard is it really?

Simon, bear in mind that at the moment my fitness level is that of being able to do 'Follow the Dog' without pushing (all be it at a slow pace)!

How bad would this ride be?
Simon

25th Mar 13 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie- Ace!

Doug - I've never done it, neither do I know what the terrain is really! I'm assuming it is going to be more XC that anything hardcore, it will just be a long ride. Should be good fun though!
Liam

25th Mar 13 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got hopes on my bike, I'm thinking of selling them to get Shimano Zee I think, need to price it all up with new adapters, rotors etc.

I like them but would like a bit more stopping power so think some 4 pots would be better suited..
Rick Draper

25th Mar 13 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:

Something like these?

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/mtb-parts/brakes/disc-brakes/shimano-disc-brakes/shimano-xt-m785-disc-brake-set-front-rear-black.html

Look fairly smart, just need some rotors to go with them.

Yes those ones. They score highly in the reviews and the servo wave is really good. They always score highly in the reviews and I really like the feel of my ones. I have had Hope, Formula and the old shimano offerings and imho these new shimano brakes are the best. The only thing you need to remember is shimano use mineral oil in there brakes not dot fluid like most other brands.
smcGSI16V

26th Mar 13 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Yes Simon I am doing it.

I'm also doing it.
Jamie Walby

26th Mar 13 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes Simon I am doing it.

How hard is it really?

Simon, bear in mind that at the moment my fitness level is that of being able to do 'Follow the Dog' without pushing (all be it at a slow pace)!

How bad would this ride be?

It's a British Heart Foundation event so I can't imagine that it's going to be difficult terrain at all. Like Simon said above its just going to be long ride. You've got 6 (mostly summer ) months Doug, will be no problem at all!
jacko198

26th Mar 13 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting read on Shimano Ice Rotors
http://cycle.shimano-eu.com/publish/content/global_cycle/en/nl/index/news_and_info/Velotech_Disc_Brake_Test.html
Doug

26th Mar 13 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
http://cycle.shimano-eu.com/publish/content/global_cycle/en/nl/index/news_and_info/Velotech_Disc_Brake_Test.html

As I am looking to upgrade the gearset aswell it works out cheaper to buy a whole groupset:
http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/mtb-parts/transmission-gears/groupsets-mtb/shimano-xt-m780-2-x-10-disc-brake-groupset-black.html

£500 though :/
deano87

26th Mar 13 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198

I thought that was bad news when you post it I have 203mm ICE rotors on my DH bike. Kind of need them to be super reliable
deano87

26th Mar 13 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate is selling his Cotic Soul bike. So any lanky bastards that want a new XC bike check it out. It's a 19" frame.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cotic-Soul-19-Black-Hope-Mavic-Revelation-Easton-Thomson-MUST-SEE-/221206374007?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item3380ed6677
Simon

26th Mar 13 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my single speed gear today, only took half hour to swap bit's over, went from this rusty lot...

to...

Saved 2kg in process, see what effect it has on my legs tomorrow!

<<  37    38    39    40    41    42    43  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013 24 database queries in 0.0259242 seconds