corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  38    39    40    41    42    43    44  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
FAZ
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th May 12 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

perfect, just need the front to match now, going to sound silly, but with you being an airbag pro now, can it be done with a torsion bar at all? i.e. peugeot 206?
Mark.W

17th May 12 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How the hell did you do that ^^^^^^
Jon_C
Premium Member

17th May 12 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks awesome mate. Would love air for my mk4
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

17th May 12 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bazinga I like alot!

I bet your chuffed to bits Paul.

[Edited on 17-05-2012 by DansCorsaSXi]

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

17th May 12 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one paul! Looks good

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Paul W
Premium Member

17th May 12 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
perfect, just need the front to match now, going to sound silly, but with you being an airbag pro now, can it be done with a torsion bar at all? i.e. peugeot 206?

Should be getting my new front struts sometime next week i hope. I'm not sure if it's possible with a torsion bar set up tbh, it might be but i'd imagine it'd be a fair bit of work.

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
How the hell did you do that ^^^^^^

Bags yo!

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
That looks awesome mate. Would love air for my mk4

Cheers Jon, i love it, it's such a fun toy just can't wait to get the wheels built up and fitted

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
Bazinga I like alot!

I bet your chuffed to bits Paul.

Oh i am Dan so happy the rears are finally done. Can't wait to get my new lower front struts too, should sit nice and close to the floor with a nice stance on the oz turbo's .

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Nice one paul! Looks good

Cheers Darryl

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
M Sutton

17th May 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks awesome mate will look wicked dropped like that all round!!
Paul_JC

17th May 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good to see it's starting to come together now mate!

In reply to Faz:
Torsion bar setups are relatively easy as far as bags/juice go.
Jodies saxo is juiced and that was simple to fit etc.
Paul W
Premium Member

17th May 12 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Mark I actually can't wait .

Cheers Paul i keep looking at the list of things to do and it's still a long road to go till it's 'done' I'm starting to doubt whether the bodywork will be done for PVS

And the torsion bar thing, would it be a similar setup to the corsa? with bags welded to chassis etc? or would it need bagstruts? I have no idea

nibnob21
Premium Member

17th May 12 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where's your spoiler gone?

Also when it's fitted, what's the clearance like to the aerial when the boot is fully open?

MX5 Project Thread
Paul W
Premium Member

17th May 12 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good eyes, i pulled the fucker off as it was quickly bodged back on from when i was stripping parts off it and was starting to lift off. I have a new tailgate that it'll be getting put on once it's all welded and smoothed. Clearance was a bit of an issue with the aerial as it rubbed on it but wasn't too bad cos i had a VW stubby one

nibnob21
Premium Member

17th May 12 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've got a small stubby one too but I'm worried about damaging my spoiler when it's fitted :s May just twist the aerial base 180deg so the aerial points forward instead of back lol.

What's the ride like with the air bags? Do they completely replace the shocks and springs? I'm really not clued up on how they work at all lol.

MX5 Project Thread
Paul W
Premium Member

17th May 12 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, if your aerials rubbery it shouldn't be too bad, mine just left a small hazy line on the lacquer. I'm tempted to smooth my aerial off, no need for i as i've got DAB. I could ask Dan what his was like cos he's got the irmy spoiler, might be slightly different to mine.

The ride's actually pretty good with the 4-way setup (means i can raise/lower all four corners independently) comparable to coilovers or a good shock/spring set. The front's are shock struts with the bag on top replacing the spring and rears are shocks in normal place with the bag replacing the spring on the beam. So same as a normal setup but with bags in place of springs. For example, my front struts are avo struts with adjustable dampening and the rears i'm using my old spax rsx shocks with adjustable dampening, so you can still adjust it to how you want hard or soft. Plus, the higher the psi in the bags equates to a higher spring rate, giving more adjustment on the hard/soft ride.

2 way setups (front and back up and down) i've been told are shit for ride quality as the bags share an airline, meaning you get air transfer through the lines to the bags giving major body roll and instability. I couldn't say first hand about that though.

nibnob21
Premium Member

17th May 12 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I really don't want it to damage the spoiler at all. It's not rubbery, it's a metal aerial so it would probably scratch. I'm sure I can find an easy way around it.

I had the aerial and the base off the other day when I was replacing the rubber gasket and I've got to say it's remarkable how much better the car looks without it. If you don't need yours I'd definitely urge you to smooth yours off.

Wow, sounds like you've got an amazing suspension setup then. Avo fronts and Spax rears both with adjustable damping AND the extra of having independently adjustable airbags?! And you describe the ride as 'pretty good'? It must be better than pretty good, must be awesome!!!

MX5 Project Thread
Jambo

17th May 12 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it mate
FAZ
Premium Member

18th May 12 at 05:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where did you get the bags from, and did you fit it yourself?
Adam C
Premium Member

18th May 12 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice work Look forward to seeing the new wheels finished and fitted.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Paul W
Premium Member

18th May 12 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Yeah I really don't want it to damage the spoiler at all. It's not rubbery, it's a metal aerial so it would probably scratch. I'm sure I can find an easy way around it.

I had the aerial and the base off the other day when I was replacing the rubber gasket and I've got to say it's remarkable how much better the car looks without it. If you don't need yours I'd definitely urge you to smooth yours off.

Wow, sounds like you've got an amazing suspension setup then. Avo fronts and Spax rears both with adjustable damping AND the extra of having independently adjustable airbags?! And you describe the ride as 'pretty good'? It must be better than pretty good, must be awesome!!!

Yeah should be simple enough to sort out dude

I probably will get it smoothed tbh, just time and money, i'll probably look into get it done when it's in the bodyshop.

I took it for a blast today and i love how it handles, very planted and stable at around 20psi. Also had a play with how low i can run it, had it down to 5psi with some scrubbage over bumps but it's bloody awesome cruising at 5psi.

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Love it mate

Cheers Jambo

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
where did you get the bags from, and did you fit it yourself?

They were originally off an old 'show car' that Tom on here split last year but i've pretty much redesigned it all since then and upgraded stuff. Fitted everything myself, as the plan with the car is to try and do as much as possible if not all by myself and in my family like, to show what can be done with a 'driveway build'. Only thing i didn't do is weld the bag plates on the rear beam as i can't weld, so got a local car restorer to come and do it for me for a bit of cash.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam C
Very nice work Look forward to seeing the new wheels finished and fitted.

Cheers Adam glad you appreciate it haha. Same though, actually can't wait to get them sorted and set up properly, exciting stuff .

I'll have to go and get a proper picture of the different ride heights sometime, expect some pic whoring people

nibnob21
Premium Member

18th May 12 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still intrigued as to what these interior changes are too!

MX5 Project Thread
Gary
Premium Member

18th May 12 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ

YEs its possible.

Lower the torsion bar as usual (right down) then simply fab some brackets to the shell and torsion bar to hold the bags.
Paul_JC

18th May 12 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the same problem as you Paul!

Front bag struts were made for 17's so they don't sit quite as low as I want lol!

This is Gary btw.. lol

[Edited on 18-05-2012 by Paul_JC]
Jamie-C

19th May 12 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sell me them bags
Paul W
Premium Member

19th May 12 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i've probably made it sound better than it actually is tbh. But it will be being kept hush hush for now.

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_JC
I've got the same problem as you Paul!

Front bag struts were made for 17's so they don't sit quite as low as I want lol!

This is Gary btw.. lol

[Edited on 18-05-2012 by Paul_JC]

Ahh man, nightmare, although i did think as much, i posted exactly that in the thread on here that was pointing them out on ebay

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Sell me them bags

I've had em on two days and you want me to sell them already?! No chance .

Got a few snaps just to show the different ride heights at the minute on my speedlines, shitty pics but it was difficult trying to get far enough away on the drive to get everything in shot lol. I'll get some better proper ones once the fronts are on

Currently full drop, parked up height, sat on the bump stops on the shocks so im gonna chop them about and see how much lower i can get it. Needs some arch work too to stop scrubbage

Low cruising height, can drive this low on smooth surfaces with a little scrubbage.

General driving height, seems to be able to handle most things at this height, feels very planted and stable.

Full height, 4x4 mode in case i fancy ploughing some fields

Fingers crossed the fronts should be a similar height at full drop so should sit nice and level or hopefully with a bit of nose down when fully aired out. Will look good with the turbo's fitted and stanced up i think.

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

19th May 12 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope you're in 4x4 mode all the time

Looking forward to seeing this at PVS again

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
nibnob21
Premium Member

19th May 12 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul W
quote:

i've probably made it sound better than it actually is tbh. But it will be being kept hush hush for now.

Yeah I understand, I've got a couple of things hidden until PVS too. I just like doing small touches to the interior so even it is nothing huge I'll be interested to see what it is you will have done.

MX5 Project Thread

<<  38    39    40    41    42    43    44  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.0200150 seconds