corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*

New Poll
  <<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*
Simon_16v

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 13 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of the noise you can hear are the tyres
Simon_16v

3rd Oct 13 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad you kept the last bit of the video of when the phone fell out
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
is that your gearbox whining?

It's not that bad. Those R888's sing like a bastard though, as Simon said.

Road wheels/tyres back on saturday, can't wait now tbh.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AlexW

3rd Oct 13 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Followed your thread since you put it up. Looks like you had fun, car looks awesome out on track too and those pictures are amazing.

Sounds good too.
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Oct 13 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Alex, appreciated.

Car up on stands again tonight. Will be giving it all a good clean down tomorrow, make sure everything is done up tight and then road wheels back on for the next few months until my next track adventure.

My tyres look like proper racecar ones, graining and everything

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Oct 13 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graining was on the fronts only, which I guess is supported by the fact my car was quite understeer-y.

My ARBs are currently set to hard at the front, and soft at the rear. If my understanding is correct, that would cause the front to wash out first as the rear is more compliant.

I'm thinking of putting my rear ARB to medium to try and balance things out a little bit, though I'd much prefer the car to understeer before oversteering for safety reasons - but perhaps running hard front and medium rear will allow the car to grip a little longer before sliding.

I was reluctant to change things at the track due to the constantly changing conditions, but hopefully my next session will be nice and dry all day so I can experiment

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
gazza808

4th Oct 13 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daine
quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
he hates me

probably because i call him santa

His names Colin, he's a sound guy, has to stick to the rules for health & safty! but is quiet easy going and
does not tolerate fool's

Top guy he is,
Mate killed his car on track, he offered to take it home on their trailer at the end of the day for a few quid while we could duck off home.
Wrighty

4th Oct 13 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah you want your front ARB on a 'softer' setting then the rear, your rear wants to be on its medium/hard it will help your front end grip more. probably medium if your not going on track for a while...

what size ARB's are they 22mm front 24mm rear?
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Oct 13 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep 24mm R and 22mm F.

I think rather than softening the front and hardening the rear all at once, I'll leave the front hard and knock rear to medium. If I'm still getting understeer I'll knock rear to hard and if I'm STILL getting it, I'll put the front to soft.

I don't wanna go straight for soft front and hard rear incase I just end up at the opposite end of the spectrum and I'm spinning around all the time

Understeer seems safer for me for now, as annoying as it is.

Anyway, race-car mode: Deactivated.

Back to being a show-boat for the next few months

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Wrighty

5th Oct 13 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno what youve read (scoobynet ) but you should have just put your front on the soft and the rear on the medium to start with.

the whole idea of a bigger rear bar on a harder setting is for your front end to grip more so you dont understeer - so actually resolving your problem. no point trying 3 more combo's when you can do it once and it will sort your understeer and is how you should have done it right from the off. how youve got it now is pointless
Ben G

5th Oct 13 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You keep putting pics up of your motor is only making me want one more and more it just looks perfect.
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Oct 13 at 08:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
dunno what youve read (scoobynet ) but you should have just put your front on the soft and the rear on the medium to start with.

Richard Henry set them up like this when they went on, but my research supports what you've said.

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
You keep putting pics up of your motor is only making me want one more and more it just looks perfect.

Thanks, but you should just get one!

You'll miss the BMW refinement, but it's just about worth it

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Oct 13 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I finishes off a mini-project today which has been going since the start of 2013

My interior illumination project was at this stage before today:

Red dials, red heater controls, read head unit, red ignition ring, red ashtray.... green clock!

I'd been putting off doing the clock as I was going to buy some gauges, but still haven't got round to allocating the funds for it. I keep chucking money at other things, so today - time to sort the clock.

Just a series of "bravery clips" holding the pod and clock in place:

Clock dismantled, the screen/cover acts as the green filter for a white-light from the clock itself:

My new filter, thanks to quality street

Mocked up:

I'd read a project thread somewhere, and a fella had used nailpolish remover on the screen protector for the clock to clear the native green tinge, but my missus' nail varnish remover wasn't touching it. I did a test to see how it looked with red on green:

It's a bit dimmer than standard, but still visible in daylight thanks to the pod providing shelter I guess.

Ta-da:

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

7th Oct 13 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good update
BeetleGav

7th Oct 13 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ghetto bodge mod cool
taylorboosh

7th Oct 13 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really a bodge if it works
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Oct 13 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like to call it being resourceful

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BeetleGav

7th Oct 13 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant bodge in a nice way not in a "it's shit way"
Ben G

8th Oct 13 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quality street wrapper good idea.

Your dash is mental bright! Does that not hurt your eyes?
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Oct 13 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they're pretty bright but they dim when the dipped beam comes on (ie, at night) so during daylight hours it's not a problem.

The pic above is a bit dark outside, but no headlights on - so it's in uber-bright mode.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Oct 13 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've bought a part from an Evo

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th Oct 13 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I was clicking around the net figuring out how to get rid of the green tinge in my clock screen, then I stumbled across a person who had an alternate approach.

As I found, the LCD clock in an EvoVII is actually almost identical, except the clock in the Mitsubishi is unfiltered white light... perfect!

A bit of eBay later....

Looks a bit green in the photo, but it is indeed white.

Only difference to the unit is the clips which hold it into the dash. Presumably the superior cornering ability of the Evo requires more substantial interior trim connectivity:

Had to file/dremel it all away so it would fit:

Back installed:

It's brighter/purer than the old effort - but hard to show a reflective 50:50 in photographs.

Only thing I need to do to finish it off is a couple of self tappers to just nip the clock in place (as it's clips were filed off) so my racecar brakes don't cause the clock to fall out.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Christopher

11th Oct 13 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice evo you got there
taylorboosh

11th Oct 13 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blasphemer
Ben G

11th Oct 13 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ghetto bodge one before looked fine to me good job anyway.

<<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD* 24 database queries in 0.0788250 seconds