corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
10th May 14 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Russ in an F1 thread doing a Steve in a football thread.

If its not about the drivers why dont Merc just save millions a year and get Chilton & Maldonado to pay to drive for them and win everything?
Russ

10th May 14 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we will never know
JonnyJ

10th May 14 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad posts Russ. Bad posts
Russ

10th May 14 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just think that towards the higher end of the grid, the drivers are all as good as one another, and then the ones with the best cars wins
Ben G

10th May 14 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
but if you swap chilton and lewis..

If you swap man United and wolves?

Your trolling is shit mate. Go juice up and paint a wall orange.
Russ

10th May 14 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

classic no argument so gets offensive(i think?) Ben anGry

Lewis is probably the best driver in F1 atm, or Vettel, but the reason Vettel dominated previous years, was his car, and that's the reason Lewis is dominating this year.
Rob_Quads

10th May 14 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think this year the driver has the biggest influence it has for years as you really have to drive the car
Last year Vettel could cruise into the corner and then floor it on the way out knowing he had more downforce than power. This year they have so much power you can do that and you actually have to drive with real skill
Obviously the merc engine is a huge advantage but the other results where the engined are closer the driver really can play a part
Ben G

10th May 14 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

classic no argument so gets offensive(i think?) Ben anGry

Lewis is probably the best driver in F1 atm, or Vettel, but the reason Vettel dominated previous years, was his car, and that's the reason Lewis is dominating this year.

Arr you going to repeat this Internet bandwagon angry bollocks until I say some shit back? It's getting boring now mate.

You're the one that came in here all guns blazing, not the other way round.

Your argument also makes no sense whatsoever. Vettel has been utterly outclassed so far by his rookie team mate who has exactly the same car as him.

As has been said above, Vettel doesn't seem to be able to adapt to driving a car on the ragged edge, preferring the cars of years gone by which stuck to the road whatever the speed.

[Edited on 10-05-2014 by Ben G]
Russ

10th May 14 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dominated? he's got less points
Ben G

10th May 14 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lewis has less points than rosberg you berk. Won 3 of 4 and got pole in 4 of 5 so far...
Dave

10th May 14 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lewis has less points than Rosberg, it's still pretty clear who's having the better time of it though.
Dave

10th May 14 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's an echo in here
Ben G

10th May 14 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Russ should be ignored from any future correspondence in this thread.

The guy clearly has no interest in the sport and is spouting shit, probably due to the lack of banter in off day recently.

[Edited on 10-05-2014 by Ben G]
Russ

10th May 14 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

again with the insults.

you've lost me, what's that got to do with mercedes having the best car this year?
JonnyJ

10th May 14 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i just think that towards the higher end of the grid, the drivers are all as good as one another, and then the ones with the best cars wins

The drivers with the best cars usually win yes, thats a given and has been since F1 started but to say the drivers have zero influence is ridiculous. If that was just a case of cars then they'd all file in 2 by 2 within a second of each others team mates, surely?

Tyre management, Fuel saving, Set up, Car development, all these are things drivers play a huge part in and something the top drivers nail time after time. You couldnt just chuck Button into Lewis' car and expect exactly the same results as Lewis has had this year. He'd be nearer the front, yes, but the results would've been different, you're not telling me he'd have got 4 poles out of 5. Nor would he have beaten Rosberg in Bahrain, how can you say driver talent didnt prevail there? Same car, different tyres and the one on the worse set won, against all the odds. When its wet, and you have one lap to nail it, its always the familiar names at the top of the timesheet, beating their lesser team mates and putting the car higher than its performance says it should be, thats no coincidence.

Look at Alonso, always dragging that dog of a Ferrari to positions way higher than it should be. In 2012 the car was lucky to be on the 3rd row and he still took the championship to the wire. By rights, he should've been finishing at best 5th every race yet he appeared on the podium time after time, whilst his team mate was no where to be seen. Why? Because hes a better driver.

Anyone who just comes out with with stuff like this just instantly says to me that they are a bit of a casual viewer who doesnt understand the intricacies of the sport. To say Lewis is only winning because he has the best car is overlooking the fact that theres two Merc's out there and the other is been driven by a very talented bloke too, a top end of the grid driver for sure and the score when both have finished is Lewis 3-0 Rosberg and Lewis 4-1 Rosberg in quali. No differences between the top guys? Doesnt look like it.
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th May 14 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another stat worth mentioning in this debate, is that if 2014 Merc did not have Lewis, and assuming a lesser or equal driver to Rosberg joins - then we would have had THREE Redbull pole positions this year.

Race pace has been all Merc for all races so far, but the fact that we've only had two Merc 1-2's in Quali so far in 2014 despite having Pole for every race, suggests that the driver is far from insignificant on maximising pace from these cars this year.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Steve
Premium Member

11th May 14 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes get in you n word
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th May 14 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeeeeeaaaaaah.

Pretty dull race for 50 laps to be fair, but what a finish... again. Granted the Merc's didn't get side by side, but this was a much "purer" race than Bahrain without the SC, IMO.

Good run from Vettel, really impressive progress from him.

I'm not sure if this F1 Timing App is good, or whether it's killing me. I had to turn the phone off on lap 60 as I couldn't take the blow by blow tension at all.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

11th May 14 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 in a row

Thought it was a slow burner but tense as fuck. Couldnt take my eyes of the gap which kept swinging one way, then the other, then back again. Horrendous last 20 laps
Ben G

11th May 14 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, just wow.

I have no nails left
Aaron

11th May 14 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is Lewis talking like an American?
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th May 14 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched the race on NBC today, my apartment wifi is just not good enough for streaming it seems.

The coverage ain't half bad, adverts every 10laps or so but they do a picture in picture during the breaks - and the timing app keeps me up to date.

Technically they were good, and went into a level of explanation with regards to diff settings that I've never heard from Sky/BBC/etc.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th May 14 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EJ.... Danny Riciardo... Rookie?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th May 14 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
Why is Lewis talking like an American?

Are you new to F1?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dave

11th May 14 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only managed to catch the last 10laps, good finish though, thought Rosberg had enough time but again Lewis did just enough. Roles reversed I think Lewis would have caught and passed him with a few laps to spare.

0 points for McLaren again Also Ferrari getting lapped Deafening silence from some regulars on here again no doubt.

<<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0270839 seconds