corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread

New Poll
  <<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread
Stu_22

User status: Offline
27th Sep 15 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ron Dennis said on BBC that Button stays on for next year but Buttons end of race interview looked like he just wanted to say fuck it I'm done
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Sep 15 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah was up watching, some pretty good racing up the field - I think Nico actually had a pretty good race other than the start obviously.

Fastest Lap leaderboard is quite telling

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Stu_22

27th Sep 15 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So on that lap data you could say the Honda engine is as good as last years Ferrari engine in the Manor. I'd hope/guess the McLOLren chassis is better than manors giving them the slight advantage
Ben G

27th Sep 15 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last years Ferrari engine was an absolute dog.
Stu_22

27th Sep 15 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But that gap between Vettel and Hamilton is way to big
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Sep 15 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu_22
So on that lap data you could say the Honda engine is as good as last years Ferrari engine in the Manor. I'd hope/guess the McLOLren chassis is better than manors giving them the slight advantage

You're making assumptions that the McLaren chassis is as good as Ron keeps telling us it is - I'm honestly not convinced. But yeah it should be better than the Manor

The 2014 McLaren was a dog with a Mercedes engine...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Stu_22

27th Sep 15 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by Stu_22

You're making assumptions that the McLaren chassis is as good as Ron keeps telling us it is - I'm honestly not convinced. But yeah it should be better than the Manor

The 2014 McLaren was a dog with a Mercedes engine...

Maybe is ok now but give it a proper engine may struggle. From what on board footage we saw it looked more stable than say kimi Ferrari but then maybe Kimi had shit tyres
Marc

27th Sep 15 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit McClaren are so poor at the moment. Boy Alonso and Bitton getting annihilated out thee.
Ellis

28th Sep 15 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Renault have signed a letter of intent for take over of Lotus. Good news for their jobs and F1. Believe latest hearing in the HMRC court case is today also?
Marc

28th Sep 15 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could do with some old consturctors coming back. Too many Merc and Ferrari powered cars in the line up.
Rob_Quads

28th Sep 15 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fastest lap times are interesting, surprised Nico is not closer as he was obviously trying to catch Vettel but as we have seen these cars suffer HUGELY from following another car.
Would Hamilton have been able to catch Rosberg, maybe but I am not sure. It seems you can be way quicker than the car in front but then just get stuck behind someone, not because the car in front is better just because the car behind looses all its grip.

Its sounding like Button wants to go but Ron doesn't want him too. The interesting comment was from one of the MacLaren guys who said you can't keep a driver who does't want to drive for you Why would they even say that if Button wasn't trying to walk.
Ellis

28th Sep 15 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The now likely return of a Renault works team is great news for F1. I can't see many other old outfits even interested in returning with the current hybrid engine arrangement. Watching an engineering great such as Honda struggle with development is painful viewing.

At Spa IIRC Alex Rossi was only around 5-8 seconds per lap slower than Hamilton's best lap. If I was responsible for justifying the complexity and cost of the F1 power unit vs. the GP2 V8 I would struggle.
Rob_Quads

28th Sep 15 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem is if you go back to the V8 lump then the manufacturers would leave as there is no logic in them developing them. The Hybrids all have a place in day to day cars so they can see the technology is worth developing.
Marc

28th Sep 15 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Its sounding like Button wants to go but Ron doesn't want him too. The interesting comment was from one of the MacLaren guys who said you can't keep a driver who does't want to drive for you Why would they even say that if Button wasn't trying to walk.

I'd like Honda to get the car sorted for next year and if its still no good then call it a day. At the moment to me if seems like the underperforming car is having a big say in it as we all know he is better than his results.
Ellis

28th Sep 15 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
The problem is if you go back to the V8 lump then the manufacturers would leave as there is no logic in them developing them. The Hybrids all have a place in day to day cars so they can see the technology is worth developing.

And I agree with you. Any movement away from the hybrid setup would be step backwards now in terms of technology if nothing else . Hopefully development will improve reliability and reduce the overall cost in time but I won't be holding my breath.
whitter45

28th Sep 15 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for me Japan was boring, so boring to the fact the front 3 runners got hardly any television throughout the 90mins

Its not mercs fault but F1 needs some closer racing etc. If you see merc on the first 2 rows then in general its going to be a case of how quickly they can get to the front (not if they will get to the front)
Ellis

28th Sep 15 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There must have been less than a dozen decent moves in Japan this weekend.

I do enjoy a bit of scandal in F1 as it makes for good build up television but, the lack of Mercedes being shown on TV is childish.

I would like to Brundle confront Bernie at Sochi on this much like his 2005 Indianapolis belter.
Ben G

28th Sep 15 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happened in 2005? Was that the race where only 6 cars took part?
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Sep 15 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
There must have been less than a dozen decent moves in Japan this weekend.

I do enjoy a bit of scandal in F1 as it makes for good build up television but, the lack of Mercedes being shown on TV is childish.

I would like to Brundle confront Bernie at Sochi on this much like his 2005 Indianapolis belter.

It amazed me that Brundell mentioned the coverage boycott, normally the broadcasters are all a bit timid around Bernie - as ultimately he's the boss. 'tis what I love about Brundell though, it's almost as if he's an autosport forum member as he's always voicing the conspiracies on TV

Renault buying Lotus is good news. Wonder if Briatore comes back to run it and takes Alonso to drive... What happens with Maldonado's 2016 contract with Lotus if the buyout does happen? Are they obliged to honor it?

Renault (along with Mercedes) actively pushed for the V6 Turbo formula, so despite their struggles it's clear that Renault want to get behind this development path and push them forward. The Enstone team can win races and even championships, so hopefully they'll take RBRs place in the established top3 and we can let RBR fade into obscurity.

Even with 4 cars on the grid, RBR shouldn't be treated as bullet proof. We've already got Ferrari with too much political power, let's not add the RBR camp too...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Sep 15 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

Jamon

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Sep 15 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Karthikayans highest F1 finish I think, 4 out of 6

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ellis

28th Sep 15 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

Watch Brundle's grid walk on YouTube from that race, he corners Bernie for a quite a while and with a substantial grid media audience looking on. Then I'm sure he tries to speak to Bernie's wife IIRC.

Brundle is great on Sky F1, well deserved awards he has had over the years. In fact, the whole team is great. Natalie Pinkham makes me dribble and become weak at the knees, even the sight of her in Alono's glasses reflection is enough. Ted's notebook rounds things off nicely for the weekend, enjoy his pit lane commentary. DH too just because he was my childhood hero and I share the same birthday
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Sep 15 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
Natalie Pinkham makes me dribble and become weak at the knees, even the sight of her in Alono's glasses reflection is enough.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Rick Draper

29th Sep 15 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
What happens with Maldonado's 2016 contract with Lotus if the buyout does happen? Are they obliged to honor it?

Renault will have given it the go ahead prior to the contract been agreed.
Stu_22

29th Sep 15 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
for me Japan was boring, so boring to the fact the front 3 runners got hardly any television throughout the 90mins

Its not mercs fault but F1 needs some closer racing etc. If you see merc on the first 2 rows then in general its going to be a case of how quickly they can get to the front (not if they will get to the front)

Exactly Mercedes can hardly moan about lack of TV coverage they hardly did anything overtaking wise. Their start was covered and the point Vettel came out of the pits behind Rosberg covered.

If the midfield has more action then it right that that should be covered

<<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0243011 seconds