corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK

New Poll
  <<  40    41    42    43    44    45    46  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Sep 07 at 05:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

244's

as for progress, none to speak of, well there is but it don't look like iv actually done anything so no pics.
broster
Premium Member

20th Sep 07 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

20th Sep 07 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks class

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Robin
Premium Member

20th Sep 07 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks crap, should have left a hole.

Welded in yet, or is that my shoddy seam sealer removal I can see?
broster
Premium Member

20th Sep 07 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will be welded in tonight if i get time. all the box section under the floor is in, so tonight ill cut the seat bars andweld them in, mount the seats properly and do the floor! aceness!

it is your shoddy seamsealer removal you cansee.

pop down now, need some spot weld removal taking place!
Matt L

20th Sep 07 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this best be quick once its finished lol. so much time and effort gone into it so far
broster
Premium Member

20th Sep 07 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its slow i have said i shall remove the crank and smash the car up with it. then weigh it in for scrap
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

20th Sep 07 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it wont be slow mark. it should be a fair bit quicker than mine and I have already got a bmw m3, evo 4 and a fair few imprezzas on my kill list.

also, you need to send me a copy of your 191bhp graph so I can compare it with my measly 190.2 bhp graph
broster
Premium Member

20th Sep 07 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going in the scanner soon as i print it off for you.

didnt realise your hitting the 190bhp barrier, top stuff! when did this happen

[Edited on 20-09-2007 by broster]
broster
Premium Member

21st Sep 07 at 07:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats about as far as we got last night, floor all welded in, nice and strong in there now. just got to tig the seam down the middle, cut the seat bars, just need to fit them, hope to do this tonight...... bit tired tho, 6am till 12pm yesterday
Chris C

21st Sep 07 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate, wouldn't mind a ride in it when it's done
STEvieXE

21st Sep 07 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why are u tig welding it??

looks ace by the way
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

21st Sep 07 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
why are u tig welding it??

looks ace by the way

to make it neat and hold it together I would assume
Robin
Premium Member

21st Sep 07 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But it's steel Dave, so could be MIGged, as it has round the edges (if my eyesight doesn't deceive me )
STEvieXE

21st Sep 07 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i understand that just wondered why tig and not mig..

in fairness tig does look alot better
broster
Premium Member

21st Sep 07 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mig round the outside as it will be covered with seam sealer, but the middle i wanted it neater, so the tig will come out and make it look sexy.
broster
Premium Member

24th Oct 07 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

small update comming.............
broster
Premium Member

24th Oct 07 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not massive but the car is now stitch welded to the extent im happy with, all the shell prep is done, the next step is the roll cage, this is happening tomorrow, any way heres sme pics for now:

the extra brace by the handbrake will have two brackets to support the handbrake as its a little bit wobblie!

removed the sunroof, not so easy when there is a cage in the way...... grinder solved that problem tho!

the middle seam will be tig'd to finish it off.

so cage, then paint inside and engine bay, should be sorted by middle of next week, then its just fit the engine and iv decided to make a new wiring loom for the complete car.......

its changed a bit! so light now!

anyway, thats it!

just like to take the opertunity to say thatnks to the boss (jamie) and robin for loads of work they have both done.

the shells looks sooo good now! so impressed

[Edited on 24-10-2007 by broster]

[Edited on 24-10-2007 by broster]
Robin
Premium Member

24th Oct 07 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't forget to plug the holes in the bulkhead before painting it, there's a few there that aren't needed now.

I can't wait to see the cage done

Are you having the whole interior painted as well as the bay (and in the same special colour?)
broster
Premium Member

25th Oct 07 at 05:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine bay and interior will all be painted the same "special" colour. theres more i could do to the shell, but there just isnt point, it would take to lomng to get looking neat and not have much gain!

ill give you a call when its ready to be picked up, you can with me, going straight to the paint shop after thats done
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

25th Oct 07 at 07:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wicked
jr

25th Oct 07 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whos doing the cage mark ?
broster
Premium Member

25th Oct 07 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll need one guess i think, racing develoments are no more tho.
jr

25th Oct 07 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they adding to the rd one ?
broster
Premium Member

25th Oct 07 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, add to that, then door bars, dash bar, roof bar and triangulate the suspension and a harness bar. few tubes

<<  40    41    42    43    44    45    46  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK 24 database queries in 0.0186920 seconds