corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold

New Poll
  <<  40    41    42    43    44    45    46  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 16v XSI - sold
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st May 10 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just remembered I have pics of the cage, I'll be spraying it black though.

[Edited on 31-05-2010 by DannyB]
chrisritch

31st May 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah and then some guy bought it on ebay and drove halfway down the road. reversed back and asked for his money back because it was a death trap!
sold it for £300 to some breaker in the end
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Jun 10 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doors now look like this, along with most of the interior except the floor as I'll spray that after the cage is in. Also drilled some gay holes in the bonnet and cut the underside out to get more air in to the cold air feed that will be behind it.

Brilliant.

gavin18787
Premium Member

6th Jun 10 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good, cage should look spot on when all painted up etc

How do you find the steel wheels in terms of keeping the brakes cool etc? I am thinking of getting a set of simlar wheels as track wheels for mine

15inch 6j C5 alloys come in at £22 each new and weigh 4.7kg each compared to my vts alloys which are 6kg

[Edited on 06-06-2010 by gavin18787]

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Jun 10 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never noticed a difference in the Rallye steels and the raptors in them terms, I never wen't fast enough for long enough you could allways try and find a route to cool the breaks through the front bumper if it's an issue.
gavin18787
Premium Member

6th Jun 10 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could do but im a chav and like my fogs

hope much did you pick the cage up for if you dont mind me asking?

DannyB
Premium Member

6th Jun 10 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I got cage loom and brakes for £300, mates rates, so it was a bargain
sri boy

6th Jun 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cars looking ace m8t u gtn rr dae sorted then
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Jun 10 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mate waiting to hear back of big_eck, check the RR day thread
gavin18787
Premium Member

7th Jun 10 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bargin indeed

gotta love em

DannyB
Premium Member

7th Jun 10 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, there's been a change of plan. A big one. There's a good chance I'm going to swap mine as it stands with the 16v bits for an XSI allready 16v'd I'll update as soon as I know more. It's not definate yet but I'm going to do it.

[Edited on 07-06-2010 by DannyB]
gavin18787
Premium Member

8th Jun 10 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good and I prefer black

why does he want to swap? seems odd

Ojc

8th Jun 10 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's about to go BOOOMMM
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Jun 10 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's selling it, wants an 8v and mine is modified more. My first XSI was black and I've wanted another ever since.
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Jun 10 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
It's about to go BOOOMMM

Nah, I'm not daft. It'l be checked before anything goes ahead.
Ste L

8th Jun 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love the black, perfer the colour than yours...

but i think you shoul;d 16v yours, at least you knows whats been done, and it's been done properly etc etc
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Jun 10 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know what you mean. It's just easier to swap as I said it's still not 100%. The guy rebuilt the 16v before he put it in not long ago.
ChrisBoom

8th Jun 10 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black one

Check that the conversion has been done properly anyway, good sign that its been bodged is if the timing belt cover is missing, means they haven't taken enough off the engine mount to fit it. Also check that all the gauges work correctly, should show up any wiring faults when the loom was spliced.
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Jun 10 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers matey
gavin18787
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Yeah I know what you mean. It's just easier to swap as I said it's still not 100%. The guy rebuilt the 16v before he put it in not long ago.

Not saying its no good but there is something to be said for doing it yourself. I bought a quaifed box that had been rebuilt with reciepts to prove. yet two months later i forked out to get it rebuilt again

Black does look good though, and if you sell the 205 wheels

DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm crying out for 205 wheels aswell I'm still not 100% as the 16v I have now has been rebuilt from the ground up with all new parts, skimmed head, new clutch/pressure plate etc etc. I do like mine it's just pissing me off at the minute sat there doing fuck all.

[Edited on 09-06-2010 by DannyB]
gavin18787
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im torn between 205's and the cheap light c5 steely style ones, 205's look better but are heavier.

So you would be selling your engine + car seperate? So I assume you would be better off £££ wise if you buy this?

DannyB
Premium Member

9th Jun 10 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure, I'd probably throw the engine in with it. 205 wheels on a saxo look immense. You have to get them;

gavin18787
Premium Member

10th Jun 10 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer I think they would be ideal track wheels

Cheap and good looking

Just need to find out how much they weigh

SR91

10th Jun 10 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After long delays think i'm acctually going to join the CS french union

<<  40    41    42    43    44    45    46  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold 24 database queries in 0.0289669 seconds