corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread

New Poll
  <<  41    42    43    44    45    46    47  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread
Ryan

User status: Offline
25th Aug 13 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice bait. Gwwwooorrrrrrnnnnnn Webber!!!!!
Ben G

25th Aug 13 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BUTTON BEHIND LEWIS AND CURRENTLY 6TH

Close the door on your way out, Daniel.
Ryan

25th Aug 13 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell, you Hamilton fans are worse then Beliebers #CutForHamilton.

Button fastest lap fapfapfap
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

25th Aug 13 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
BUTTON BEHIND LEWIS AND CURRENTLY 6TH

Close the door on your way out, Daniel.

I'll leave it open thanks, you Hamilton fan boys keep celebrating on Saturdays!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 13 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Say that again and il fuck u up
Ben G

25th Aug 13 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coulthard didn't look too happy when seb and lewis poured champagne over him
Marc

25th Aug 13 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan
Fucking hell, you Hamilton fans are worse then Beliebers #CutForHamilton.

Button fastest lap fapfapfap
JonnyJ

25th Aug 13 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh dear. Anti Hamilton brigade with some poor posts in here. Really bad. Almost as bad as that race, 2011 all over again.
Scotty_B

26th Aug 13 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crap race, epic bore-fest.

Monza next.
Robin
Premium Member

27th Aug 13 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone notice this?

http://vimeo.com/m/73215350
Pop

27th Aug 13 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chrisritch

27th Aug 13 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quality

Daniel_Corsa will do that with an anti black people one next
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Aug 13 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Embarrassing Shell on their biggest PR day of the year"

Embarrassed my arse

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

28th Aug 13 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/22058/8890489

Finally, a decent article about the race at Spa. I've was literally shouting at the TV the number of times from friday practice onwards at the number of times the pundits were saying "we expect Merc to be fast in sector 1 and 3 and RB to dominate 2" completely ignoring the fact that they were by far the fastest at the top of Radillion, whilst Merc were rock bottom. As i was watching friday practice i was just shaking my head thinking its going to be a tough race for Merc, the set up just wasnt right, was hoping they would fix it for Saturday, but i dont think they could find a decent compromise. The rain was perfect for them as was the timing of it and they got a pole that was out of their reach in the dry, i imagine 3rd/4th would've been best.

Glad someone has made the comparison to Canada, could you have a more near identical race? Vettel dominates, Lewis fades to 3rd and Alonso comes through the pack to take a comfortable 2nd. The only difference was Vettel didnt have to pass Lewis.

RB havent made a massive step, neither have Ferrari and Merc havent gone backwards, this is just how the cars work on low downforce tracks.

Monza will be closer, due to the fact its just all out speed and chicanes, though i still think RB and Vettel will win as they'll be able to cope with the Lesmos and Parabolica corners better. Merc wont lose out as much as in Belgium due to no Eau Rouge type corner and their understeer-y set up wont harm them as much. Should be a much closer race but i expect the same top 3, probably in the same order, but hopefully not.
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Aug 13 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a pretty fair summary. Merc were nowhere all weekend in terms of that speed trap although it's a little misleading as the trap is right at the top of Eau Rouge rather than towards the end of the straight, certainly the Ferrari was geared much longer in 7th so it actually had the possibility of taking a RBR car by the end of the DRS zone even if it lost ground up through Eau Rouge.

I think it's fair to say Mercedes qualified "out of place" this weekend, that last lap was a stunner regardless of it's timing, Lewis just carried more commitment through on the unknown conditions, Vettel was only yards up the road so it's not like Lewis was in much dryer conditions.

Had it been an all dry weekend, I reckon Mercedes would have been 3rd row material in qualifying and probably similar race performance, as their pace wasn't BAD - it just wasn't GOOD either.

Hopefully Monza isn't a repeat, but both Hamilton and the team sound very confident from Singapore onwards - so hoping for a strong finish to the season even if the title seems to be all but run away with.

Will be sorting photo's etc tonight hopefully, so will do a writeup of the weekend from my POV - hopefully it'll be of interest to somebody considering a trip over to Spa (or any other Grand Prix) in the future

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Sep 13 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For those that care...

Attended the Spa Grand Prix this year with a few colleagues/mates and my missus. 12 of us in total and we rented a 14berth house in the town of Spa:

We missed the pit walk on thursday, so our first visit to the track was Friday morning.

We saw Alonso coming out of his hotel en route to the track, no photos though as I was driving our Tiguan hire car. Beast.

We arrived just in time for FP1 and decided to spend it wandering around.

The "F1 Village" was at the base of Eau Rouge and so started off by bending over at the Mercedes shop... two t-shirts, two hats (Missus got a Nico one, as she looks like him ), a Brolly and 200euro's later...

We watched the start of FP1 from opposite the pitlane exit, saw JB and Perez wandering around just before the session started, then got to watch the cars doing clutch tests and making lots of noise

Watched there for 20mins or so then did the token "let's go look at Eau Rouge" session...

As everyone says, it's higher, steeper, sharper than it looks on Telly blah blah blah.

We wandered down Kemmel and then under the track towards Pouhon where we sat for the whole of FP2...

Puohon was awesome, it was a dry session and we saw the cars on slicks at pace for the first time. It was amazing how quick they turned in and how much lateral movement there is right through the corner - they're nowhere near as stable as TV leads you to believe.

After FP2, we walked across the track again to go investigate the bus-stop chicane, a potential raceday viewing spot.

Saw bits of GP2 and Porsche Supercup Practise then went home for beers etc.

After our research from Friday, we decided on the Kemmel straight for qualifying. Towards the end of the DRS zone we can see the braking and entry into Les Combes and you can see/hear the cars at full chat for 6 or 7 seconds or so. It promised for some good overtakes on raceday too, so we'd pretty much settled on the spot for the remainder of the weekend.

Judging by DRS closing, the F1 cars were braking at 50m and the Porsches (brake lights) at 160m

FP3:

Our view

Shouldn't you be in the paddock Niki?!

Some Porka's

I left the camera alone during quali, it was tense as fuck - I've never felt quite so elated when Hammy nicked Pole... the atmosphere was mental. I was sat with a British family to my right and the young lad was a massive Di Resta fan ( wtf ) and I reckon he'll be without fingernails for months

When Seb grabbed Pole there was a 5000strong groan from the crowd and then it went completely fucking mental a few seconds later. I seriously believe Lewis has got a stronger fanbase abroad, he seems to have so many haters thanks to Andrew Benson and the rest of the British media :@

When out trying to find food that night, I was passed in the street of Spa by a white "SV edition" Infiniti thing with a "My other car is an RB9" bumper sticker. I half jogged after it as it pulled up just up the road, two RBR team engineers hopped out with a Pizza so I had a chat with them for ages. We asked if it was Seb's car and they just said "it's from the pool" and asked where he was staying. Apparently Vettel was out of town, but Mark was just round the corner in a resteraunt "if we wanted to go see him"

Sure enough, round the corner I saw Marky through a resteraunt window but promised myself I wouldn't go in and interrupt his meal, because those sort of fans are just annoying. If it was Lewis though, cocks would have been out.

Race day and it was time to wake Lewis up, bright and early at 5am...

Roscoe not much of a morning dog either...

Early morning view from our spot on Kemmel.

We must have had a hundred pictures of strangers stood with Lewis... tried charging 5euro's a go... and the punters were less enthusiastic

Some french dude stood on some stepladders for 7 hours straight drinking port from the bottle along with some other suspect stuff

Nico having a nap before party time...

It didn't seem to get any TV coverage, but the drivers did the parade sat in the back of classic sports cars. Natalie Pinkham (FIT) parked up right in front of us about 10mins early with a pile of hats and a camera man. Sure enough, Lewis got out of the car for an interview YARDS away from me!!!

Good old Giedo had an interview too, he was like a little kid - buzzing from his Quali on saturday!

We decided Lewis needed a better view for the race, so found some sticks...

Winner!

Race time came, again no photographs as I spent Monza 2012 looking through a 3" LCD screen, and didn't want to make the same mistake again! Of course we all know what happened in the race, but it was an epic day nonetheless.

Team Photo on Les Combes apex:

Home time Lewis, good effort:

All in all, proper epic weekend - my first time slumming it in General Admission but the atmosphere certainly mitigates the comfort/convenience sacrificed.

Few notes on F1 fans in general... Kimi fans are PROPER sheep, all walking around in checked shorts and oversized mirrored sunglasses with their flatpeaked caps Jenson fans also simarly sheepish... they walk around REALLY SLOWLY all the time bumping into Mexicans but apparently they walked quite quickly in the rain once in Canada - so it's alright.

Sorry for spamming the thread, but full photo album available below for anyone bothered:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104174297693299559571/albums/5915716660322635137

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Rick Draper

2nd Sep 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Riccardo confirmed as Vettels bitch.
JonnyJ

3rd Sep 13 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only just got round to properly reading your write up Kyle, absolutely epic Love the Lewis cardboard cut out

Bet it was immense when he took pole, i was dancing round my living room and i just thought to myself "that jammy bastard must be going mental at Spa now"

Whole weekend just looks mint, really hoping i get to do Monza next season.
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Sep 13 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Jonny, twas' an epic weekend!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Aaron

6th Sep 13 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a new camera this weekend. The conventional camera mounted above the drivers seating position now has thermal imaging capabilities. Quite interesting to watch how the tyres heat up and cool down in the corners and then back on to the straight
JonnyJ

6th Sep 13 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, the race for 2nd should at least be decent tomorrow and sunday
Aaron

6th Sep 13 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SebVet isnt going to finish the race. You heard it here first
JonnyJ

6th Sep 13 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knowing his luck he wouldnt finish but neither would Lewis or Alonso.

And Perez would win the race.
fred7

6th Sep 13 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funny enough jonny ive got my money on mclaren (button) for the podium today or atleast fighting for it
JonnyJ

6th Sep 13 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless its a wash out or theres a huge pile up at turn one I'd be very surprised.

<<  41    42    43    44    45    46    47  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0323381 seconds