corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  43    44    45    46    47    48    49  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
Ben G

User status: Offline
25th May 14 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vettel

If Monaco wasn't a street circuit, it'd be a real bore fest. Needs longer straights to encourage overtaking.
Aaron

25th May 14 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton sounding like a cunt, again.
Ben G

25th May 14 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No more of a cunt than rosberg has been the last few races.

Benedict cumberbatch needs to fuck off and die. The cunt must love the sound of his own voice, kept interrupting the drivers.
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th May 14 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
the chance every time they get in the car they might die!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

25th May 14 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

''we're not friends'' ouch

This is exactly what the sport needs. Similar to webber/vettel but with 2 fantastic drivers.

Lewis keeps saying stuff, then quickly remembers he shouldn't be saying it. Quite funny really. Bet the team hate it.
Rick Draper

25th May 14 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
the chance every time they get in the car they might die!

You would not get nobheads like maldo causing so many accidents as he could either die himself or kill someone. Also daddy would not pay for some of them to race.
Dave

25th May 14 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't talk shit, people have been buying drives for as long as there has been motorsport. Like it or not some of the teams wouldn't survive without the funding that certain drivers bring.
JonnyJ

25th May 14 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I'll always remember the outcry of joy at Imola in 94. Been about 12 years since someone had died, many growing discontented with the lack of deaths in the sport, then suddenly, two at once. Rejoice. No one ever crashed again.
JonnyJ

25th May 14 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stupid comments aside its all getting very interesting between Lewis and Nico now.

Turns out they had a falling out after Spain when Lewis used an engine map/setting the team didnt want him to use to keep Nico behind and that in Bahrain, Nico had done the same.

Thought this was a very interesting quote from Lewis:

"We've sat down and cleared whatever air was needed to be cleared. We've been through the data and seen what needed to be seen - and I wish you guys could see it. Otherwise, we're good."

Somethings up there, like. Lewis defionitely indicating hes seen something in Nico's data that hes not happy with, something if made public, could cause a bit of a stir. Obviously he'll be under strict instructions not to reveal what that is, but hes been quite clever in the way hes left everyone in no doubt that theres something in there that isnt right. Certainly coming out and saying he just wants a 'fair fight' leaves me under no illusions that theres something a bit fishy going on.

Hopefully Lewis can just regroup now and get onto Canada, one of his strongest tracks alongside Hungary and Silverstone. So long as nothing goes wrong mechanically and he has a clean weekend, I'll be expecting Lewis to win.

[Edited on 25-05-2014 by JonnyJ]
Dave

25th May 14 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather he didn't get into the mind games personally. I just don't think he's mentally strong enough not to let this sort of stuff affect his driving.
JonnyJ

25th May 14 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think it is mind games personally. Hes not really questioning Nico's ability or trying to throw him off his stride. If Nico has beaten him fair and square in the past, hes always admitted it, this is a bit different.

I just think Lewis is far too honest for mind games, he cant hide his true feelings, which you need to be able to do if you're going to try that trick. For him to come out and say he just wants a fair fight says to me that all was not equal either today, yesterday or both. Hes wants people to know that and hes said as much as he can without getting into trouble, at least hes learnt from Twitter gate.
Steve
Premium Member

25th May 14 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another comment in the driving today when he was saying he should have come in just before the safety car came out. "I knew I should have come in, I should have guessed you guys wouldn't have told me to come in"
tom130691
Premium Member

25th May 14 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Another comment in the driving today when he was saying he should have come in just before the safety car came out. "I knew I should have come in, I should have guessed you guys wouldn't have told me to come in"

Time for two strategy guys
JonnyJ

25th May 14 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, in fairness thats just the way Merc do things. They have one strategist that works for the best outcome for the team, essentially. The lead driver gets priority, fair enough i guess. Im not sure whether coming in would've actually benefitted Lewis as it turns out.

He'd have pitted, Nico could've carried on at full pelt (opening a gap) until the safety car was called then both would have to drive to a delta, Nico would've pitted and i imagine the gap would've kept him ahead. I suppose he could've had a issue in the stop, which, had it happened when they stacked wouldn't have affected Nico's position in relation to Lewis as Lewis would be stopped behind waiting anyway.

Much of a muchness. What Lewis is referring to in the data sounds far more intriguing for me.

Rick Draper

25th May 14 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought he was going to deal with it how senna did FPMSL.
JonnyJ

25th May 14 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FPMSL
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th May 14 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Stupid comments aside its all getting very interesting between Lewis and Nico now.

Turns out they had a falling out after Spain when Lewis used an engine map/setting the team didnt want him to use to keep Nico behind and that in Bahrain, Nico had done the same.

Thought this was a very interesting quote from Lewis:

"We've sat down and cleared whatever air was needed to be cleared. We've been through the data and seen what needed to be seen - and I wish you guys could see it. Otherwise, we're good."

Somethings up there, like. Lewis defionitely indicating hes seen something in Nico's data that hes not happy with, something if made public, could cause a bit of a stir. Obviously he'll be under strict instructions not to reveal what that is, but hes been quite clever in the way hes left everyone in no doubt that theres something in there that isnt right. Certainly coming out and saying he just wants a 'fair fight' leaves me under no illusions that theres something a bit fishy going on.

Hopefully Lewis can just regroup now and get onto Canada, one of his strongest tracks alongside Hungary and Silverstone. So long as nothing goes wrong mechanically and he has a clean weekend, I'll be expecting Lewis to win.

I've probably read 30 or 40 pages of "Did Nico cheat?" posts on various F1 forums this weekend For many people defending Nico, they keep saying "If Wolff/Lauda are defending him, it must be legit". WTF? Why would they join in fingerpointing and lose another 1-2?

I imagine that Nico got a huge bollocking behind closed doors this weekend, and Lewis has been told to toe the line and that's why he's been so miserable. Perhaps there was a plan to subtly "punish" Nico in the stops which is why Lewis was keeping a 1sec gap all race, but the SC put a stop to that, as they were double shuffling.

I can't decide if I want Lewis to chill out before Canada or whether I want him to turn up with a frothing mouth and killer instinct He should be faster than Nico around there, but in a way that adds pressure. EVERYONE involved in F1 is assuming Lewis has already won Canada, and if he doesn't... it could really turn around the mental momentum between the two drivers.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

25th May 14 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I've probably read 30 or 40 pages of "Did Nico cheat?" posts on various F1 forums this weekend For many people defending Nico, they keep saying "If Wolff/Lauda are defending him, it must be legit". WTF? Why would they join in fingerpointing and lose another 1-2?

I imagine that Nico got a huge bollocking behind closed doors this weekend, and Lewis has been told to toe the line and that's why he's been so miserable. Perhaps there was a plan to subtly "punish" Nico in the stops which is why Lewis was keeping a 1sec gap all race, but the SC put a stop to that, as they were double shuffling.

I can't decide if I want Lewis to chill out before Canada or whether I want him to turn up with a frothing mouth and killer instinct He should be faster than Nico around there, but in a way that adds pressure. EVERYONE involved in F1 is assuming Lewis has already won Canada, and if he doesn't... it could really turn around the mental momentum between the two drivers.

Still undecided on Nico's 'mistake'. It just looks so bloody clumsy, you dont expect to see a driver of his calibre making an error as messy as that. We'll never know i guess. As i say, in future Merc should just say to the driver chasing 'go out in front or risk that happening'.

In total agreement with your 2nd paragraph, apart from the plan to punish Nico in the stops, cant see them doing that, theres already enough controversy surrounding them as it is. Lewis hates not being able to speak his mind, so i reckon you're right about being told to toe the line. You can tell theres something he wants to tell the world on the tip of his tongue but he has to keep biting it. Hes quite clever in the way he makes it so obvious that that's what hes doing mind. Im sure theres some squirming in the Merc bosses seats.

With regards to what Lewis i want showing up for Canada, I;d go for the former. A happy, relaxed Lewis is a fast Lewis, an angry one can try to overdrive the car. Just needs to show up and do his thing. I agree theres pressure on him to win there but hes not one to crumble under pressure in the slightest, thats a Rosberg trait. If he can put Nico away in Canada, i hope he celebrates like mad. Rosberg did himself no favours with his bad winner attitude this weekend.
Ben G

25th May 14 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed. Rosberg looked like a complete knob.after qualifying.

Understandable I guess, due to being 2nd for 4 consecutive races, but still knob like.
Scotty_B

26th May 14 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G

26th May 14 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking forward to Canada. Great track and plenty of places to overtake.
Scotty_B

26th May 14 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Champions wall for a raging Lewis is on the cards.
JonnyJ

27th May 14 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting data from the quali runs.

Left Lewis, right Nico. Highlighted figures are their 1st and 2nd runs, the number next to the first sector time is the speed trap.

So, Lewis' first run he clocked a 19.973 and was 208 at the speed trap. Nico was 19.826 and 208.7 at the speed trap. All normal, Nico has a better first sector on his first run.

The 2nd is where it gets interesting. Look at Nico's speed trap figure, 215kph and a 19.950. You'd expect a higher speed trap figure as he braked 10m later than the last lap, which is quite a lot (for reference they both braked 8m later for T1)

Now on Lewis' 2nd run he clocked a 19.906, BUT his ST figure is just 181, which suggests he'd already backed off as he'd spotted the yellows, he's 30kph down on his first banker run, but only 0.08 down. That says to me he was right when he said he was on for a much better lap, probably pole (we'll never know)

No clear cut evidence from those alone of Rosberg doing it deliberately, though i do think braking 10m later is on the extreme side.
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I didn't get the counter argument to Lewis being up "a couple of tenths". People were referring to a sector time which included partial running under yellows, and that info proves that he backed off as soon as the yellows displayed.

The boy was well up, and considering he was typically faster than Rosberg in S2 and S3 anyway (based on all weekend), it's a fair chance that he would have been clear on pole by a fair margin. (I'm thinking .5sec or more assuming Rosberg didn't match his first time).

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Rob_Quads

27th May 14 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it really 10m later he braked? That sounds a hell of a lot.

I can understand trying 1/2m trying to gain that small bit but to brake 10m sounds a bit dodgy. After all the practice he has had is he really saying he still didn't know within 10m of where he should be braking?

<<  43    44    45    46    47    48    49  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0310230 seconds