corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK

New Poll
  <<  45    46    47    48    49    50    51  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
18th Jan 08 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bodge. what you need to do is forget the sump kit (ill dispose of it for you) and fit a proper mount.

or sell me the proper mount you are no longer using etc etc....
broster
Premium Member

18th Jan 08 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Ah, so the Hockley mount was hitting the dry sump pump?

Good bit of adaptation there

hitting the pump, its bolted on where the mount should go..... thought of moving the pump to the inlet side, but steve kindly reminded me about the driveshafts being in the way......

dave, u2u on the way
steveboyslim

19th Jan 08 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To fit the drysump kit, the rally cars fabricated steel engine mounts were used with metalastik bushes, these helped clearance of the dry sump pump and fittings.
No alloy mounts were used on the engine or gearbox as they break.

Steve
broster
Premium Member

19th Jan 08 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the only alloy mount i have on the engine all the others are uprated from HH or vibratechnics, ill probably look at changing the mount at some point but itll do for now..

cheers for the info
broster
Premium Member

20th Jan 08 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reassembly pics, wings bumper doors lights etc.... trying to find somewhere to mount the dry sump tank prooved an issue, got that sorted now, cylinder head is finished aswell just didn't get chance to fit it, will do it monday or tuesday tho.

interior comming together, everything is positioned, seats and dash secured, flocking is crap and falling off but i cant be bothered getting it re done till the wiring is finished now, fuel tank behind the passenger seat along with swirl pot and two pump's, one lift and one supply, plumbed in fire extinguiser is behind the drivers seat along with the battery, dry sump tank is behind the dash cut thru the bulkhead slightly, will get pics of it all next week when its secured tho.

bieransri

20th Jan 08 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all looks door cards look well fitted too. wish id have put mine in my nova
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th Jan 08 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Warren G

20th Jan 08 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will the swirl pot make any difference?
broster
Premium Member

20th Jan 08 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill need it or ill run out of petrol on bends. Im going to be using a JAZ fuel tank, ill use a facet redtop pump as a lift pump to feed the swirl pot, then an 044 or something similar as the feed to the fuel rail, then the return back into the swirl pot
SAL
Premium Member

20th Jan 08 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jim_77

21st Jan 08 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oooohh, someones been busy...nice going Robin, teeheehee...

...no, you may not comment about the state of my car
Robin
Premium Member

21st Jan 08 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not being helping at all Jim, it's all his own work for once

I'm going over tonight though (if I'm still required), so you'll actually be able to see stuff in the pictures, which will be nice.
broster
Premium Member

21st Jan 08 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

robin, can't do tonight, but deffo will do tomorrow, turn up at 2ish! loads to do, need to get my head etc too!

Jim, your ARP stuff turned up today
Robin
Premium Member

21st Jan 08 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't make it til about half 4 tomorrow, but I'll be there then.
broster
Premium Member

21st Jan 08 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you better be!
Robin
Premium Member

21st Jan 08 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will be

While I think about it, can you get me a GOOD price on an alternator, belt and battery for my car? 1.8 DX engine, 1982 car if they ask.

Thanks.
jr

21st Jan 08 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mark, what coils did you want again

oh and was that mms pic correct (it will be im sure) and does the rover tps bolt up to the bodies, or does it require some modding ?
Robin
Premium Member

21st Jan 08 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Rover TPS is a straight swap IIRC.
Ant

21st Jan 08 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from what i could see the rover tps will fit jenvey bodied but may need slight 'adjustment'
Simon_16v

21st Jan 08 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats a swirl pot?
broster
Premium Member

21st Jan 08 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robin, ill get prices first thing in the morning then ill call you, make sure your up! (fat chance)

JR, need coils for an audi s2- all five! I also replied to your MMS, did you not get it! it was correct, the rover one goes on straight, may need some tweeking to get the sensor to read 0 tho, easy to do.

SRi_Si, a swirl pot, basically it allows the engine to have a proper supply of fuel, imagine going round a bend, all the fuel runs away from the fuel pump pick up, no fuel=dead engine!

however i wont be using a high pressure 044 to feed to swirl pot, ill use a facet red top.
Robin
Premium Member

21st Jan 08 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If first thing is 11ish, that's fine
broster
Premium Member

21st Jan 08 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like your ever awake at 11! i often ring at 1ish and your mum says your still in bed!
Simon_16v

21st Jan 08 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah so its like a little second tank? Thats always full so like as you say, if going round a corner it wouldn't make a difference.
jr

21st Jan 08 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt get it mark, cheers though

whats the engine code of the s2, you told me, but ive forgot

<<  45    46    47    48    49    50    51  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK 23 database queries in 0.0246060 seconds