corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.

New Poll
  <<  46    47    48    49    50    51    52  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.
Jambo

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 13 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gav,

Realoem to check part numbers.

Cooper to check prices, and BMWMINIPARTS for discount parts (OEM)

Also caliper is sticky just rebuild it don't fit patten calipers
Ben G

2nd Apr 13 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by j10E W
If the battery in it is a bmw one it will have a indicator on top of it telling you,if its knackered or not

didn't know that, cheers joe. yeah it is a genuine bmw one. will have a look in the morning
daymoon
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a calliper from GSF before on exchange basis and it was stamped with BMW logo's and part numbers
BeetleGav

3rd Apr 13 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearest gsf to me shut a few year ago. On the very day I went to buy a beetle wing. I was there last customer haha I felt privileged
Screwed now I'm back in a German car tho. Bastards
daymoon
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think their website has improved a bit over last year or so.
Ben G

6th Apr 13 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good news: 6k HID's fitted.

Bad news: manual leveller doesn't seem to work. Hasn't been working for at least 3 days though as I tried to raise the beam one night and couldn't. Pretty sure it can be sorted on the actual headlamp though.

Also, battery went flat again whilst testing them
Ben G

8th Apr 13 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so the HID's are massively better in terms of light emitted, but they look a bit turqoise when looking into the bulb. the light on the ground is a nice bright white.

I may buy another set, either 4300k or 5000k as i'm not 100% happy tbh.

just a quick shot of the car as it looked nice and clean. back end looks high but it's because of my driveway which slopes backwards aswell of sideways.

wheels needs re-powdercoating as it's peeling off in places. just need to find a local place and they will be sorted.

cut-down badges look good from a distance, but i will be buying new ones to make the job 100% perfect.

checked my battery and i'm guessing it's insufficiently charged? which would mean my alternator is packing up. will get it tested properly though to make sure.

clear brake light didn't last long. they crack very easily which is annoying, as it's £50 for a new one.

and need to sort out the bloody filler cap which isn't attached to the flap for some reason. it's been like it since i bought the car so need to sort that out as it's bugging me.

[Edited on 08-04-2013 by Ben G]
3CorsaMeal

8th Apr 13 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got a multimeter?
Ben G

8th Apr 13 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unfortunately not doubt we'll have one in work either.
flybikeslee

8th Apr 13 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like the clear rear light, one thing i hate about mine, looks poop in red but the clear versions for mine look worse
Ben G

8th Apr 13 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it had a red one as standard which was cracked also. the clear ones are cheaper and still OEM, just a pain having to keep replacing them.
flybikeslee

8th Apr 13 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not cover them in something to reduce the risk of breakage?
Ben G

8th Apr 13 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've read that it's due to the way it's fixed to the boot, using springs and a nut behind. doing them up too loose will mean it doesn't sit properly and doing them up too tight (squeezing the spring too much) means that every time the boot is shut, the vibrations cause cracks over time.

will have to be more careful with the next one i guess.
SXI - Matt

8th Apr 13 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are they 6k sure mine are 6k and there more blue then that, next set if I was to get some would be 4.3k next meant to be even better light output on the road to
Ben G

8th Apr 13 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Petrol cap - £16.38
brake light - £49.73
7 torx bolts - £4.96

my petrol cap is fine, it's just the cord that's snapped, which you can see in the picture. not a chance i'm paying almost £17 for that
Ben G

8th Apr 13 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
Are they 6k sure mine are 6k and there more blue then that, next set if I was to get some would be 4.3k next meant to be even better light output on the road to

yeah they're definitely 6000k as i messaged the guy and the box also said h7 6000k 35w on it.
BeetleGav

8th Apr 13 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I quite like how them lights look, is your glass in need of a polish though? Looks misted or frosted?

My red brake light is slightly cracked but it's hanging on, I'll be getting some laminex stuck on mine when I replace it, should help keep it together Abit more possibly.

I'm going to look after my fuel cap, fuck paying that to replace it! Haha ask on z4forum for someone breaking there z. There's a few
BeetleGav

8th Apr 13 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore the frosted glass comment, the rest of the pics loaded and it's clear
Ben G

8th Apr 13 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it's just the sunlight. will be getting them sanded and polished up though as the drivers side one isn't perfect.

just had a look on ebay for z4's being broken. tried removing my broken cord from the cap and snapped it, so i know it can't be bought seperately.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Apr 13 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you not change the way the brake light cover is fitted?. glue it in or something?
BeetleGav

8th Apr 13 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah that's a shitter.

Can't wait to get my brakes fit. I sound like a train slowing down calipers properly locked on with no pads left :/
Ben G

8th Apr 13 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
can you not change the way the brake light cover is fitted?. glue it in or something?

possibly, although theres not much to glue/fix it to behind the light unit, unfortunately

gav, you're mad driving with dodgy brakes mine are squealing at low speed and aren't very responsive, so not sure what's going on there.
BeetleGav

8th Apr 13 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha I've not gone faster than 40. I still have 3 working corners.
Hell I drove a beetle with all round drum brakes and for a while only one pair worked! I'm a pro at having no brakes.

Que the "fuck I crashed" rant haha
Ben G

27th Apr 13 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haven't done anything to the car in a while now, just been driving it, enjoying the reliability and the sun and cleaning it.

yesterday the weather report said sun and showers. it was sunny where i live (10 miles from work) so decided to put the roof down and enjoy a nice easy commute. half way down a road with a 70mph speed limit, there was a huge downpour. at first it was no problem as the rain didn't touch me. about half a mile into the rain, it got worse and i got wet the corner of the windscreen seal seemed to enjoy leaking water directly into the cabin. it didn't annoy me though, i thoroughly enjoyed it! i bet other drivers laughed. oh well.

i gave the car a wash today and noticed just how low the car sits when on a slight incline.

cambers a bit buggered, but it seems all Z4's are like this when lowered.

apologies for the quality of picture, sun + phone camera = rubbish quality.

[Edited on 27-04-2013 by Ben G]
Nic Barnes

27th Apr 13 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheel colour makes it look a bit cheap and tacky

<<  46    47    48    49    50    51    52  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh. 23 database queries in 0.0255349 seconds