corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Showed up a CTR today

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Showed up a CTR today
Matt H

User status: Offline
24th Jun 05 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok lets stop talking about the car

Skinz is a retard

Anyone wish to continue the conversation?
Robbo

quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa
robbo u could of got a nice car for 24k.
They are lush Yeah i could get something a lot better used for the money but im not a fan of used cars, itll be mine an just the way i want it
Skinz

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H

Skinz is a retard

im nto a rtaerad
Robbo

24th Jun 05 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Skinz is a retard

Got my vote
Matt H

24th Jun 05 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa
robbo u could of got a nice car for 24k.
They are lush Yeah i could get something a lot better used for the money but im not a fan of used cars, itll be mine an just the way i want it

I quite like the Golf

Its OK saying "you could've got a decent car for 24K" but at the end of the day you will only ever get 24K's worth of car

You've got the top of the range model of a nice car, I'd much rather have this than a lower model of a "better car"
Robbo

24th Jun 05 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate
Ojc

24th Jun 05 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo I think you are crazy spending 24k on a Golf GTi I really do.

Although you probably think I'm crazy spending 3k there or bouts on a Nova

Down to personal opnion

I still say wait until you can have a go in a Astra VXR before spending your money.
Robbo

24th Jun 05 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VXR aint for me dude :S

It is pretty crazy to be fair
Ojc

24th Jun 05 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
VXR aint for me dude :S

It is pretty crazy to be fair

Your getting old.
Robbo

24th Jun 05 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed The big 24 is almost upon me
Scousefella

25th Jun 05 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
On my way back from work on a big long dual carrigeway

The CTR was behind me as we exited the first roundabout, I wasn't actually planning on racing but as soon as the we got onto the short straight I noticed that he got right up my arse so I put my foot down a little just to keep in interested

Then there is another roundabout which takes you onto the long straight, went around that roundabout at a sensible speed & then once he was also off the roundabout I floored it He tried to keep up bless him but the bread van just didn't have the minerals to keep up with the poxy little Corsa

I've noticed that when you have a race with most cars they'll give you a th=umbs up afterwards. Never has a single CTR driver done this, kinda says somethings about their owners. Esspecially after their ego has taken a beating

Ah well, hope he liked my number plate

PS- Robbo is the only sound CTR driver ..........ever )

Hello Corsa world, allow me to introduce myself.

I am a member of the www.civictype-r.co.uk forum.

It seems this thread has attracted a lot of interest (most of which you will not enjoy reading) and I have taken the liberty to come and enlighten you all.

Now before we get down to the nitty gritty please remember one thing – no matter how much work you do or money you spend you will still have a CORSA at the end of the day. This is the car most pensioners opt for if they cannot afford a Nissan Micra or, finances allowing, a Honda Jazz. This is the car which has a VAUXHALL badge on the front and Rear and is described as “A little town or city car”.

Now, when it comes to “Racing” against CTR’s on the road I will say this. We do not promote “Street Racing” and will not encourage any of our members to participate, however, if, as has been posted, a CTR driver (are you sure? Probably a 1.4i sport) was having a “Fling” with a Corsa (from behind I remember) maybe he couldn’t overtake because he was to busy wetting himself at that pathetic number plate!!!!

Do you lot REALLY think that a CORSA is a car worthy of some interest? Bollox!!!
You lot spend money trying to make your Granny Mobiles into something special – 150bhp/200bhp/250bhp/300bhp, it is all worthless guys, you still have a Vauxhall Corsa or does that not make sense?

Anyway, today I will get into my CTR and know that without spending a penny on the car I have 200 ponies ready to gallop at 8,250 rpm. On a Rev counter that is 2,250 revs beyond the zone where your car would start to disintegrate.

Oh, and just incase you think CTR owners don’t modify their cars you are more than welcome to come and see our forum.

Now, quit talking crap and go and give your Nan her car back.

Cybermonkey

25th Jun 05 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its gimps like you that give the minority of half decent CTR owners a bad reputation. We are all passionate about cars, be it CTR's or Corsas, but your argument poses no real substance, since you only talk about Corsas being a grannys car, which is not really true at all.
Yes it is a supermini, but to an awful lot of dedicated owners, its something to be proud of.
You should probably get your facts straight too, a standard Corsa 1.6 will rev to 6750rpm, not the 6000 you quote
With a bit of money spent, this can be sent spinning towards 10,000rpm, and still a 1.6 producing 250bhp.
So dont get me started on the whole host of other engine mods available, because the list is as long as your nose.

[Edited on 27-06-2005 by Ian]
Cybermonkey

25th Jun 05 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah because 140lb/ft is fab from a 2.0 producing 196bhp

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

25th Jun 05 at 13:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

annnd hereee come the CTR owners, bye thread
Scousefella

25th Jun 05 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The whole concept of Type R is high revving combined with low weight and superior handling.

The high revving ability naturally reduces torque but when combined with an amazing 6 speed box the car is a dream to drive.

Oh, and we still have enough room in the rear to go to Tescos for some shopping - although your nan mobiles will be more suited to that activity.
Cybermonkey

25th Jun 05 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1200kg and 140lb/ft, must be positively buzzing below 3000rpm

willay
Premium Member

25th Jun 05 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok summary time, what was your argument again scousefella? You're annoyed cause a corsa raped one of your type-r super best friends?
Cybermonkey

25th Jun 05 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i think thats it willay
willay
Premium Member

25th Jun 05 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ojc

25th Jun 05 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
quote:
Originally posted by Scousefella
quote:

The whole concept of Type R is high revving combined with low weight and superior handling.

The high revving ability naturally reduces torque but when combined with an amazing 6 speed box the car is a dream to drive.

Oh, and we still have enough room in the rear to go to Tescos for some shopping - although your nan mobiles will be more suited to that activity.

Indeed Dr Holmes, its elementary.

Must be a real mover and shaker, how exactly do you control a FWD car producing 200bhp with no kind of traction control? I often sit and laugh at RWYB days at the retards in CTR's trying to get there car to move off the line and end up getting a pathetic high 15 second 1/4 mile when our dearest shopping trolley of a Corsa manages a respectable 15 second dead up the 1/4 mile all for the pricey sum of around £4,000 including the purchasing of the car.

Honestly, remove your head from your rectum and stop thinking the Honda CTR is the best car on the market for the price range/performance/gadgets because its about to be over taken by the greatest Vauxhall Astra ever produced and shall whip the CTR into touch without having to rev to 10,000,000 RPM to get it to go anywhere
Cybermonkey

25th Jun 05 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well said olive
Robbo

25th Jun 05 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm also a member on CTR forum (not that I use it much anymore mind)... some of scousefellas points are accurate and fair but some are pointless (ie granny mobiles) some people are passionate about corsas an cannot afford ctrs, they make the best of it... no need to generalise IMO

ALso ollie all uk ctr owners hate HUK for not allowing us to have the lsd that the JDM version has but it aint our/their fault

And you cannot compare an Astra VXR to a CTR Only to the forthcoming (and frankly hideous) new Civic whgich I thnk also pushes 240bhp but i may be wrong

An the CTR is still the best car for the money, a VXR is going to be a few £k above i think so again, slightly unfair
Robbo

25th Jun 05 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
quote:
quote:

Dave BTW 144lb/ft and 197bhp Just for the record lol
Robbo

25th Jun 05 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
On my way back from work on a big long dual carrigeway

The CTR was behind me as we exited the first roundabout, I wasn't actually planning on racing but as soon as the we got onto the short straight I noticed that he got right up my arse so I put my foot down a little just to keep in interested

Then there is another roundabout which takes you onto the long straight, went around that roundabout at a sensible speed & then once he was also off the roundabout I floored it He tried to keep up bless him but the bread van just didn't have the minerals to keep up with the poxy little Corsa

I've noticed that when you have a race with most cars they'll give you a th=umbs up afterwards. Never has a single CTR driver done this, kinda says somethings about their owners. Esspecially after their ego has taken a beating

Ah well, hope he liked my number plate

PS- Robbo is the only sound CTR driver ..........ever )

Hello Corsa world, allow me to introduce myself.

I am a member of the www.civictype-r.co.uk forum.

It seems this thread has attracted a lot of interest (most of which you will not enjoy reading) and I have taken the liberty to come and enlighten you all.

Now before we get down to the nitty gritty please remember one thing – no matter how much work you do or money you spend you will still have a CORSA at the end of the day. This is the car most pensioners opt for if they cannot afford a Nissan Micra or, finances allowing, a Honda Jazz. This is the car which has a VAUXHALL badge on the front and Rear and is described as “A little town or city car”.

Now, when it comes to “Racing” against CTR’s on the road I will say this. We do not promote “Street Racing” and will not encourage any of our members to participate, however, if, as has been posted, a CTR driver (are you sure? Probably a 1.4i sport) was having a “Fling” with a Corsa (from behind I remember) maybe he couldn’t overtake because he was to busy wetting himself at that pathetic number plate!!!!

Do you lot REALLY think that a CORSA is a car worthy of some interest? Bollox!!!
You lot spend money trying to make your Granny Mobiles into something special – 150bhp/200bhp/250bhp/300bhp, it is all worthless guys, you still have a Vauxhall Corsa or does that not make sense?

Anyway, today I will get into my CTR and know that without spending a penny on the car I have 200 ponies ready to gallop at 8,250 rpm. On a Rev counter that is 2,250 revs beyond the zone where your car would start to disintegrate.

Oh, and just incase you think CTR owners don’t modify their cars you are more than welcome to come and see our forum.

Now, quit talking crap and go and give your Nan her car back.

Hardly a 1.4 sport mate, Matt has a 2 litre with TBs

BTW Matts plate rules

[Edited on 25-06-2005 by Robbo]
Robbo

25th Jun 05 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AN also for the record I got an ashamedly poor 16.6 on the qtr mile (in damp conditions/my 1st attempt but i couldnt have done that much better because i simply couldnt put the traction down )

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Showed up a CTR today 22 database queries in 0.0147951 seconds