corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Install...

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Install...
ed

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 05 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ohhh Ohhhh and my 2.0 doesn't leak a drop of oil anymore Though it pisses water out of a loose hose
corsa120

2nd Oct 05 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im glad some ppl have started to back me up as ppl seem to think round my way im picking lol, like u said fad its clouded judgement and i agree with u about marks car gr8 and i love it but dont rule out u dont no. the torque is fantastic fad ent it love leaving cars like saxo/corsa in 5th at 80+ mph

this not saying which is better but owning 1.4/1.6 xe ova 4 yrs they were always broken if i had a pound for everytime my management light came on

fad talks

[Edited on 02-10-2005 by corsa120]
Corsa E-Tec

2nd Oct 05 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good there mark, alot of money,time and hardwork gone into your car there.

Enjoy it
jr

2nd Oct 05 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow my comment seems to help along 2 pages of arguments, sorry mark
broster
Premium Member

2nd Oct 05 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol cheers jr! lol! just been driving out and about and even tho 4k is the start of the power band the car pulls so well, even from 1k in 5th.... fantastic, had a bit of fun with a scooby round some roundabout on the way to see Dna23 which was nice, shame i need to change gear so soon.... oh well 300miles to go them 6k will be the limit. feels a hell of a lot better than the old 1.6 with 140bhp did!

i appreciate all your points.... but when it came down to it, i found that this method was the better option for ME! maybe not for other people who want a 2ltr corsa... looking forward to the track day now!
Fad

2nd Oct 05 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was it a full rebuild broster? new pistons etc?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

2nd Oct 05 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry for maybe ruining your thread broster, I just felt Rob's logic was rather gay.

have you restricted it at the ECU at 4k or are you just paying alot of attention to your right foot?
broster
Premium Member

2nd Oct 05 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the limiter is set at 4.5k its not been mapped any higher.... can drive it relitivly hard...

engine has had a full rebuild with pockets put in the pistons for good measure....old pistons new rings...
jr

2nd Oct 05 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of intrest why did you not go for new pistons ??? £££
Fad

2nd Oct 05 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dropped the oil yet? should do it afer 100 odd miles to get rid of any swarf etc then run it for another 600 just varying the revs all the time increasing load gradually....rings need the expand etc

I wouldnt be hitting 6K right now

[Edited on 02-10-2005 by Fad]
SVM 286

2nd Oct 05 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
i dont htink any will be rated to cope with the compression... killed 1 starter last night at 2am lol! dont want to kill this one!

Try your local Bosch agent Broster.
My car killed standard RST starters, so had Cosworth unit fitted which lasted about 9 years with heat wrap on it.
When that packed up, Ford only listed a horrible looking piece of crap that was spec for most FWD models and looked like it would last a week.

Also, it only outputted about 1.3 Kw.

I went to Bosch agent near me. He carries other brands and supplied me a brand new (not re-con) diesel spec unit with 1.7Kw output, and for less dough than Ford wanted for crappy cheap looking thing.

Spins the old girl up like a bastard and she has no choice but to start whether she wants to or not , especially with 500 amp Bosch Silver battery

Give them a try mate.

[Edited on 02-10-2005 by SVM 286]
broster
Premium Member

2nd Oct 05 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for that svm, ill try them!
Fad, iv been given plenty of advice regarding the run in, thats all sorted cheers!
JR, didn't need new pistons my old ones were fine, was tempted with forged ones but there is no need........yet!
jr

2nd Oct 05 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMFAO jim at buying a started motor on what it looks like
SVM 286

2nd Oct 05 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
LMFAO jim at buying a started motor on what it looks like

Seriously dude. If starter motors were people, then the Ford one looked like greg wilcox in his pants with a feather in his teeth, while the one I bought looked like a cross between Ray Winston and Arnie.

No contest

Seriously though, the Ford one looked like it was made out of old fag packets, and mine looks like it's made out of an old nuclear bunker.

Good engineering is the key mate. It means the difference between getting home at night or waiting for the AA.

Then there's the small matter of 0.4Kw. Rather important when trying to start a seriously grumpy car with more mood swings than a hormonal bint.

She don't like starting when hot or cold, so I had to be a man about it and give her no option

[Edited on 03-10-2005 by SVM 286]
broster
Premium Member

2nd Oct 05 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is having a few problems with starting but i guess it may get easier when the engine is freeyer (so the ydo that)
Siberia

2nd Oct 05 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

broster whats the 'thing' coming from the tb's over towards the battery tray?
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

2nd Oct 05 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cold air feed

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
broster
Premium Member

3rd Oct 05 at 06:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a pipercross air box.... acts as a phlenum, so should allow more torque... the tapers have so much torque even as im running it in, they pull so well. very exciting!
Siberia

3rd Oct 05 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm i though it would be restrictive... seen as all 4 trumpets would have to share the same air
broster
Premium Member

3rd Oct 05 at 07:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i personally think it is restrictive as even now the bodies are sucking the back in when you rev it a tad.... so wouldn't like ot think what it will do at 7k.... going to pipercross tomorrow to get them to look at it.... also as it fell apart i need a new one lol!
Siberia

3rd Oct 05 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a good start! oh and i like you rear wheel arches thought it was only mine that looked like that
Teddy

3rd Oct 05 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i have to say after helping Mark out with the car over a period of time that the build and the knowledge that has gone into the bulid is second to none.

The spec of the engine (which ive been asked not to reveral yet) is very impressive.

When you see the final power figure of 170, 180 whatever you might think oh thats "chipped" xe territory and your right it is........

But i believe Broster will wave goodbye to Corsa XE's on the circuit.

The XE might have similar power and more torque - but once Broster has the power figure and we weigh it and get his BHP per tonne - i bet quite a few XE owners will question the ability of their own car....

Im not saying the 20xe is not a good thing it is!!! its once of the best Vauxhall engines ever produced....

But i have seen it time and time again on the track - a highly tuned small block is more than a match for XE'd Nova's and Corsas.

Anyway im really happy for him. Its doing what it should and when fully mapped and run it - it will be an animal.

Thanks for the thanks dude working on your car at midnight was uber fun!!!
3CorsaMeal

3rd Oct 05 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love the decat
dna23

3rd Oct 05 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how are your chavvy tyre valve caps mark

loved your little visit, motor sounded nice but looked shite, give it a clean ffs and a mop/t-cut then it'd be perfect

also sort out ure running in and open her up to 6k
bradfincham

3rd Oct 05 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks very nice mate, get it on the rollers

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Install... 23 database queries in 0.0168309 seconds