corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Someone drove into my car :(

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Someone drove into my car :(
Stu

User status: Offline
27th Oct 05 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you should go round her house and piss through the letterbox!!!!
Ditch

27th Oct 05 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I had pretty much the same thing happen in my corsa I won the case

I was overtaking a line of cars at about 65mph-ish when some pratt in a taxi pulled into my lane with no warning whatsoever... doing about 40mph

I braked but we collided my front n/s wing to his offside rear qtr... and I was shitting it thinking that I would be held responsible as it looked like I had hit him (17year old in modified corsa I was obviously in the wrong!)

The insurance company took away the salvage of my car to be assesed, and it was drawn out for about 13-14months untill his insurance lost the battle as he was the one who switched lanes...
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

27th Oct 05 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
my fcuk! is there anyone on the site near jambo? go over and smack him hard you want to pay someone money for something they caused? HAH!

i wouldnt entertain her and wouldnt speak to her all that much in fact... tell her that your insurance comany are investigating it...

[Edited on 27-10-2005 by Siberia]

Your Irish is showing.
Siberia

27th Oct 05 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
my fcuk! is there anyone on the site near jambo? go over and smack him hard you want to pay someone money for something they caused? HAH!

i wouldnt entertain her and wouldnt speak to her all that much in fact... tell her that your insurance comany are investigating it...

Your Irish is showing.

sorry i'm fuming here
willay
Premium Member

27th Oct 05 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get Siberia to get his IRRRAAA buddies on her.
Carl

27th Oct 05 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't give in Jambo, out of principal more than anything, the slack bint shouldn't get away with her reckless driving, think how much worse it could have been.
Jambo

27th Oct 05 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know its principal.

I know i shouldnt have to pay a penny.

BUT, if it takes a year!? For £300 id rather get my p1 in january
ljames555

27th Oct 05 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this makes me so that how selfish some ppl can be, she will know that she in the wrong but probably will have in her mind hes only a boy racer they will never believe him.
my advice is dont back down stick with the truth and dont admit anything to her ( to try and clean things up quickly) and a idea would be to record a convo with her and say look you moved over into my lane etc etc and see how she reacts etc
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Oct 05 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo, that is how people get shit on after the event, you pay money and think its over then in 6 months you get a letter for compensation for injury yadda yadda, you lose your excess anyway, plus you gave her money this week.

DON'T DO IT. YOU HAVE INSURANCE FOR A REASON, USE IT.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Oct 05 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps. should you not be taking money off her for damage to your car?

wtf.

Are you in the right or not.
willay
Premium Member

27th Oct 05 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ljames555
this makes me so that how selfish some ppl can be, she will know that she in the wrong but probably will have in her mind hes only a boy racer they will never believe him.
my advice is dont back down stick with the truth and dont admit anything to her ( to try and clean things up quickly) and a idea would be to record a convo with her and say look you moved over into my lane etc etc and see how she reacts etc

I believe the other party needs to be notified if you are recording the conversation.
b&q

27th Oct 05 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a decent solicitor or ask to change until you do.
i posted a message yesterday-
a mate of mine said solicitor sounds slack and a decent one should be able to clear it up no probs. so with a good solicitor you should be luky.
good luk.
Jambo

27th Oct 05 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i personally have a good solicitor but i cant choose what my insurance company uses?

Ian, of course i would have asked her for the money, i meant settling it without the need for insurance!

I think ill just tell her its in the hands of the insurance company is dealing with it now, i dont have to keep in contact really then do i?
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Oct 05 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't even entertain any negotiation with someone who can't even display basic road manners.

Sit back let the company you are paying to do this do it.

Get a map of the area off Google maps, draw on some cars, wait.
Jambo

27th Oct 05 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doing it the official way at leastr means its all recorded. I hope it goes my way tho, hopefully the will laugh at her and shell loose her no claims for being so greedy.

Get on the phone ot them again this afternoon.

Cheers for the advice fellas Corsasport rocks
Gez G

27th Oct 05 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fight it all the way Jambo - I work in insurance, if you have legal cover on the policy make full use of that!

She sounds totally in the wrong, you are the innocent party so Id pursue it all the way.

What her brother quoted means shoot all, it will have to be an insurance approved repair centre.
IIAC
Banned

27th Oct 05 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, you dont HAVE to have your car done at an approved repair centre you have the right to take it where you like if you arent in the wrong, my bodyshop who are approved repairers for VAG, who also so insurance work told me
Gez G

27th Oct 05 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can have the repair done wherever you want, if you choose the garage the insurance company wont guarantee the work or a courtesy vehicle, if you`d actually bothered to read what id written, you`d have seen I was talking about the quote!!

IIAC, next time you feel like being a smart cunt, think before you type!
myke

27th Oct 05 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo it's a no claims bonus not a no blame bonus, so if you claim through flux it's bye bye ncb whatever the outcome.
the only way you would keep it is if she had admitted fault at the scene and you could claim straight from her insurance without involving your own.

Siberia is right on two counts here.
a) you're a monkey for even considering giving her cash for crashing into you.
b) if it's going through insurance you shouldn't have any contact with the other party after getting their details.
b&q

27th Oct 05 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus car was nearly written of by a bus and she wasnt happy about the way the solictor(given by tesco insurance) dealt with it and ask for a different one and the solicitor was changed. although im not sure if they were from the same company or a completey different solicitors?
Jambo

27th Oct 05 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right u may say im a monkey.

But if the work comes to £200 to fix my car its not very badly dmaged. Then how am i a mug?

My excess is £500 and i can kiss my NCB good bye?

Im fucked every single way
Cosmo

27th Oct 05 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke
Jambo it's a no claims bonus not a no blame bonus, so if you claim through flux it's bye bye ncb whatever the outcome.
the only way you would keep it is if she had admitted fault at the scene and you could claim straight from her insurance without involving your own.

Siberia is right on two counts here.
a) you're a monkey for even considering giving her cash for crashing into you.
b) if it's going through insurance you shouldn't have any contact with the other party after getting their details.

He wont be making a claim if it is decided she was in the wrong, no matter where she said it. Jambo's insurance will claim all costs from her insurance, including the legal costs, etc. So he will keep his no claims.
myke

27th Oct 05 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you're still claiming from your own ins co to sort it out though, so hence you lose ncb. right?

hope i'm wrong for J's sake.
Russ

27th Oct 05 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you're still claiming from your own ins co to sort it out though, so hence you lose ncb. right?

no?

if she doesnt admit at the scene, but insurers find her to be the cause of accident her insurance company will pay up, and jambo will keep his ncb
Cosmo

27th Oct 05 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:

if she doesnt admit at the scene, but insurers find her to be the cause of accident her insurance company will pay up, and jambo will keep his ncb

exactly. It doesnt matter if she admited it at the scene, at a later date, or if the lawyers work it out. His insurance company may payout for the time being, and he may well have a note on his policy stating that its currently involved in a dispute, but if she was faound to cause the accident he would have his no claims still.

Also, if you had 4 years already why didnt you protect it? Or does it have to be 5 years to protect it with you ins company?

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Someone drove into my car :( 22 database queries in 0.0153849 seconds