corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what is a CTR?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what is a CTR?
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Nov 06 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have a CTR. I don't know anyone who owns one so I don't know how they act about their car as the drivers attitude seems to be what gets on peoples nerves. And the thought of the high revs appeals to me. (partially irrelivant) The sound of a CBR900 gunning for the redline sends a shiver down my spine.
Robin
Premium Member

27th Nov 06 at 23:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bikes sound TOTALLY different though.
Eck
Premium Member

27th Nov 06 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know Rob, hence (Partially irrelivant).
BabyBlade

27th Nov 06 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davey_jack
Also I've never understood people who are members of vauxhall orientated forums, who dont own vauxhalls, and are surprised by other members who like vauxhall engines and vauxhall cars!

I think a lot of it isn't to do with its a vauxhall website. A lot of people have had corsa's, grown up abit (not to be taken offensively) and just stayed here because they know the members and the content isnt actually always vauxhall related.

I plan to buy a corsa soon, as soon as I get the house move sorted, as theyre cheap to buy, tune, easy to work on etc

Obviously the views on here are going to be vauxhall biasd (even though I'm not convinced theres more corsa owners on here anymore ) but some of the comments are just silly
James

27th Nov 06 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BabyBlade
quote:
Originally posted by James
Great thread, aside from how great a CTR is (I cant comment, never driven one), I would not own one because they are common as muck and portray a bad image due to being own by a lot of tossers who think they could happily take on a Boeing 747 at the Pod

[Edited on 27-11-2006 by James]

So the same as Corsa owners then.

I see a lot more chav'd up corsas than standard CTR's about but I guess thats just Hereford.

To be fair I've never seen a badly represented CTR driving about, so that could be why I think this threads highly amusing..

Not at all, I'm the first person to admit my Corsa is a pile of shit

There's nothing wrong with the car at all, its mint and drives like a dream.
also for sale, u2u for details

But i'm just bored of corsas, they are too small, too common and not particularly comfy.

That is all.

I will now zip up my flame suit
Robin
Premium Member

27th Nov 06 at 23:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But, you post on a CTR site, saying you own a P4 corsa turbo, and EVERY CTR on the site will be quicker, they'll be exactly the same as here.

They'll have a stereotypical view that all corsas are owned by chavs, and have bodykits and 17s.
BabyBlade

27th Nov 06 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never been in a CTR and don't claim to have, but I've driven an S2000 and the sound is incredible IMO.

I guess not all people love to rag their cars and here the sound of a nice revving engine. Thats what diesels are for
Robin
Premium Member

27th Nov 06 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing with Vtec (In my experience) is that if you drop out of the power band, its like driving a boring, normal equivilant engine.

My dad had an Accord Type R, for a week, when he was deciding what car to have, and he (and my brother) both said it was slow as buggery out of 'the zone', but quick in it (although not very easy to keep it in the power)

I've also driven Vtec cars, and found the same, they're alright in the right rev range, but often, when you want to overtake, you're not in the power band, and there's no instant power. it'd be alright if the vtec was ALWAYS engaged, but it's not.

that's what most people have the issue with, i think.
BabyBlade

28th Nov 06 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the way this thread was summed up in the second post yet 5 pages later its still going and weve had ctr's, seat ibiza's, vxr's, even a jazz, calibra turbo's, an 1988 astra gte, a quick review on a rover k-series engine (which the company I work for used to make the flywheel for ), an ITR, a Boeing 747 ,oh and a CBR900 thrown in for good measure!! Love it

Someone ask what MR2 stands for
James

28th Nov 06 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Someone ask what MR2 stands for

Short back and sides

Thought I would open another can of worms
Robin
Premium Member

28th Nov 06 at 00:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mid engined, Rear wheel drive, 2 seater.
Nic Barnes

28th Nov 06 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Also have come across the worlds fastest corsa.. "from a rolling start nothing on the road will beat my corsa"

not the worlds fastest corsa by any means but id challenge 95% of the cars on the road and would win.
BabyBlade

28th Nov 06 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
quote:

Also have come across the worlds fastest corsa.. "from a rolling start nothing on the road will beat my corsa"

not the worlds fastest corsa by any means but id challenge 95% of the cars on the road and would win.

On what a rolling straight line race or on the actual road through twistys etc?
Nic Barnes

28th Nov 06 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive tackled a p1 and several imprezza's round here quite happily on the bends.

but, as so often i will say this, no matter what i type, nobody would believe it as its just not 'possible' to make a fwd car handle is it.................
Nic Barnes

28th Nov 06 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Davey_boy
but my mates CTR ran a 14.3 standard, which i thought was prity damn good.

[Edited on 27-11-2006 by Davey_boy]

thats the biggest piss take ive read in this thread. simply put, no it didnt. never, ever.
BabyBlade

28th Nov 06 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
ive tackled a p1 and several imprezza's round here quite happily on the bends.

but, as so often i will say this, no matter what i type, nobody would believe it as its just not 'possible' to make a fwd car handle is it.................

By the way, wasn't disagreeing with you, have read your thread and seen the videos.

Takes a pretty special corsa to out perform and handle 95% of cars on the road.

Just interested as thats a real bold statement!
John

28th Nov 06 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin

No
Robin
Premium Member

28th Nov 06 at 00:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coilovers, 350+ bhp, a Quaife diff and V6 brakes, I think it might just be that special car.

But then again, it's only a Corsa.
Robin
Premium Member

28th Nov 06 at 00:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:

No

go on then...
BabyBlade

28th Nov 06 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:

No

Really wasn't going to bother but have heard a few variations off MR2 websites

Many believe the first interpretation was mid-engined, two seater, runabout.

Can + worms + it really doesnt matter
BabyBlade

28th Nov 06 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Coilovers, 350+ bhp, a Quaife diff and V6 brakes, I think it might just be that special car.

But then again, it's only a Corsa.

Like I said, not disagreeing just interested
Nic Barnes

28th Nov 06 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Just interested as thats a real bold statement!

it is a very bold statement. but being capable of accelerating from 40/50 to well over 100 in couple of seconds almost makes the corners irrelevant asn the power and speed exiting the corner is so much greater than most cars in front (so ive found with a 911, an m5 and yes lots of ctr's)

i dont actually mean that anyway, what id prefer to say is i wouldnt think twice about haveing a go at 95% of cars on the road, be it straightline or on the bends. i have things set up to make the car go round corners aswell as accelerate well
Nic Barnes

28th Nov 06 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in future, i think these type of threads should stay away from the internet talk battles like half of this is and focus more on the original question.

which is they are a common, poor jap car that really is so far from being special it doesnt deserve to have the 'type-r' badge on its bootlid
corsa5dr

28th Nov 06 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by corsa5dr
I agree with Nismo throughout this thread.

Why is it everyone slates the performance of the CTR yet not the ITR when in fact there isn't difference on the road in a straight line.

Because Honda didn't sell the DC5 here, so not every fucker and his gran has one, the people who own them seem to know what they've bought, and don't go on about how amazing it is, or try to race every car they see.

The CTR gets slated, because Honda sold it so cheap, that pretty much ANYONE could afford one.

And the gearlever is in a stupid place, and the seats are horrible. IMO.

I'm talking performance only. People say the ITR is quick, but the CTR slow. For the record I'm talking about the DC2 UK car. Which has 187 bhp from a 1.8.
corsa5dr

28th Nov 06 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
quote:
Originally posted by corsa5dr
I agree with Nismo throughout this thread.

Why is it everyone slates the performance of the CTR yet not the ITR when in fact there isn't difference on the road in a straight line.

yes there is, the teg is 220bhp and the civic is 197bhp, so there is a slight difference, 0-100 in the teg is alot different, maybe not on paper but my mates teg leaves the civic, the teg's handling is in a world of it's own imo. so there is a difference.

DC5 is 220bhp but is still slighly slower than the DC2 which has 187bhp because of the weight difference. On the road there is pretty much nothing between the DC2, DC5 and CTR. Im aware there is a difference in the handling, I've owned a DC2 and driven a a DC5; which is why if you check my original post, I mentioned straight line performance only

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what is a CTR? 22 database queries in 0.0148730 seconds