corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Red Corsa Sport 1.6 16v, cars still going lol, got new wheels now

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Red Corsa Sport 1.6 16v, cars still going lol, got new wheels now
Stokie Dave

User status: Offline
13th Sep 07 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it playing up on you mate? or just more mods you mean?

have to admit this sport has been 100% fantastic, bit worried about getting rid when the time comes as its so solid! lol

your car looks the part dude just have get any niggles sorted and then save for engine now, i think it looks spot on
Matt L

13th Sep 07 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

problems and mods , has a misfire which is plugs/leads, and a squirel munching noise which is waterpump/cambelt tensioner.

and i just dont like the way it looks anymore.
Stokie Dave

13th Sep 07 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spose plugs and leads are cheap, other may not be if its cambelt off job... engine swap time!! lol

aw, set of new rims mate will probably make a massive difference or colour code it and rally slag it with white wheels! white on black and red looks pap but all red it looks mint
Matt L

13th Sep 07 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cost too much to get it colour coded. think ill just look into some different wheels.

if i could afford a new engine then it would be in straight away lol.
Kurt

13th Sep 07 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saw you up fez last nite , gave you a flash lol
Stokie Dave

13th Sep 07 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye u did indeed i did some hazards in return lol
Whittie

14th Sep 07 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its red

Decided on what wheels yet? Or keeping the ones you have on now?
Stokie Dave

14th Sep 07 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I'll keep the ones on now for the time being till I can afford some fancy diamond cut euro stylee ones and get it on coilovers and some pressed plates

otherwise im happy with the looks. gonna take the side sport badges off too though
Whittie

14th Sep 07 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should look good when its done

[Edited on 14-09-2007 by Whittie]
Vaux Lad

15th Sep 07 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paint looks much cooler now.
Stokie Dave

8th Nov 07 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decat now on, magnex one had it fitted at my localish powerflow dealer for a magic £10 with a slight modification. So specs list updated with that and a couple more small things..

Plans I've got down I'm unsure of now... anything more I spend will be wasted money so just gonna keep it clean and running sweet (pretty much EVERYTHING POSSIBLE has been done service wise lol PAS fluid and coolant all flushed and changed the other day) so enjoy it till I get a Clio 172 or an Ibiza 20v Turboooo
marklawton

8th Nov 07 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iam hopefully getting a magnex decat, sound better etc?
Stokie Dave

8th Nov 07 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound wise... its no different till your booting it

Bit raspier, especially on full chat at top end of the revs, I am inbetween at the mo but for 40 quid all in fitted its helped performance so I can prob live with the sound... mines kinda bassy yet raspyish along side its bassyness (!! lol) if you're flooring it now.

will try do a sound clip, got some from before I think

[Edited on 08-11-2007 by Stokie Dave]
richc

8th Nov 07 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my scorpian wasnt raspey one bit when i had my de cat, just made it deeper and a little louder, but only on the throttle is was louder, and only deeper on tick over
Stokie Dave

8th Nov 07 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's moreso the decat pipe itself rasping if you get me.. not so much out the back but moreso the pipe being stainless resonating lol.. hard explain so i'll get some clips, doesnt sound OTT stupid loud though my centre silencer is pretty small though for volumes sake without any rasp but now the decats on it'll prob be making a point of the silencer being really small. had a scorpion imola on my old car and the centre silencer was massive in comparison but that wasnt decat'd and was a shit 1.4 spi

performance is worth it though i didnt expect it to pull any better at all but at the top im convinced it does.

before the decat it sounded like this (excuse the lively rear brakes at the end!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8z7pIuK84c

edit: and one off my phone, i'll do an identical one in a bit.. both of these have the cat fitted still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBptkkEEBEg

[Edited on 08-11-2007 by Stokie Dave]
marklawton

8th Nov 07 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats sound mate, all i wanted to hear, onyl got a magnex back box on at the moment so just wanted to make sure it wasnt too loud so my dad doesnt moan at me, lol
VegasPhil
Premium Member

8th Nov 07 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like this! Reminds me of Kano's old red sport!!

Very nice, looks great when it's clean!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Stokie Dave

9th Nov 07 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers

Been playing out on the roads a bit and I'm convinced it pulls harder all the way through the revs. It used to bog down on pull off about 1500rpm if you floored it, now it picks up and fooks off, also used to die @ 6k but now it pulls clean to 6700 which is pretty good!

However listening properly it is a bit raspy lol but still bassy too. Was too windy do vids last night but will try do some soon. Bit mad in a multi storey tho
Stokie Dave

10th Nov 07 at 01:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a dodgy comparison, was closer to the car before...

before decat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBptkkEEBEg

after decat (tis a lot raspier unfortunately but i dont really care as it is definitely a bit quicker, not loads but for £40, enough!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNjrqL7kthU

and to take the piss, a mates pathetic 1.4 sport with a decat, no centre silencer and not even quite running right haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2JluR0ip8k
Stokie Dave

21st Nov 07 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reset my ECU the other day since fitting decat... not sure if it's a myth or not but it goes like fook at the moment!!! lol, seriously seems noticable to me, idles quieter/smoother and pulls well above 70 as before it just felt as though it was running outta steam, so it makes me wanna keep it again now haha..

Can't decide what to do next.. One min its "sell it" next it's "side skirts" next its "coilovers" lol grr...

I like how it rides at the mo and it handles alright.. just wish it sat lower, but it skipped about when the front was lower so I should be sensible.

GSi stylee skirts in black plastic would look cool and make the front look lower due to how they flare out I guess.

Could get some wind deflectors?

Ordered a 3/4 size front plate anyway lol...
FruitBooTeR

21st Nov 07 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your cars already lowwww mate

That is ovcourse unless you want to go 90mm at back i think thats what im gonna do when i get whels with the correct offset.

Gsi skirts or mabi even a full gsi kit would suit it well have a look at myne, it started off looking like yours but i think it loks better with the kit and red gsi's are starting to be less common today
Stokie Dave

21st Nov 07 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I remember reading your progress thread too It aint that low now (pics on page 4) as I had raise the front but... spose it's low enough lol be nice the front wheel touching the arch though and back in just a smidge but at least its sensible and drives well

I kinda like the black/red contrast and if I get some new wheels which are wider/lower offset a smidge it'll prob look lower too I think.

Also like the idea of a laguna front splitter aswell
Stokie Dave

9th Dec 07 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been thinking I want a VTS for a while now and so been looking into it in more detail but just too scared I'll get a shitter or break it myself lol. The performance would be nice though... so been thinking of taking bits off mine to sell on and sell the car.

But, seen an old mate tonight who refurbs wheels and hes got some cesaros in anthracite just completely refurbed with brand new yoko s1's on he says, £200... so REALLY tempted have them and finish my cars plans. It'd look wicked on those!

Decats coming off, too raspy So gonna put cat on and get a new backbox for the time being as mines too restrictive.

Then, maybe inlet and silenced decat in a couple of months down the line when moneys back on form.

No point selling a car which runs mint, wont break and has had plenty of stuff done to it to keep on running mint I guess. Grr too sensible
Stokie Dave

13th Dec 07 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a magnex backbox on now, 5x3" oval for a huge £31 Decats off. Sounds nice and bassy again now, quite beefy and no rasp at all. Lovely but subtle when you aint booting it.

I'll add a silenced decat in a few months if I've still got the car
Pete_vxl

13th Dec 07 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that 1.4 sounds absolutly fucked

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Red Corsa Sport 1.6 16v, cars still going lol, got new wheels now 24 database queries in 0.0148180 seconds