corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car for £7k

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car for £7k
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Jun 07 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing, im not saying it should be better, im saying it wasnt better, and in terms of this thread, for 7k you could get something better quality than that astra
Nath

5th Jun 07 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
nothing, im not saying it should be better, im saying it wasnt better, and in terms of this thread, for 7k you could get something better quality than that astra

Like a SEAT? Do me a favour. SEAT's are no better than Vauxhalls in terms of quality.

For £7k I would probably consider a Leon Cupra, or even Ibiza Cupra with change, but then I wouldn't rule the Astra Cab out, regardless of if the dash 'felt awful'. It's an Astra, it does the job and looks alright to me.
John

5th Jun 07 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having been in both an astra and a fabia vrs I have to say I prefer my dash.

Not the best build quality in the world but a step up from vauxhall.

Really good car to drive and I didn't even think twice about the skoda badge tbh, don't really care what other people think.

I could have bought many faster/better/cheaper cars including any mk4 astra but the Fabia is a nice car.
topshot_2k
Banned

5th Jun 07 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

Really good car to drive and I didn't even think twice about the skoda badge tbh, don't really care what other people think.

I could have bought many faster/better/cheaper cars including any mk4 astra but the Fabia is a nice car.

what are you 50?
mk4_astra

5th Jun 07 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by m4cK
Get a proper car for that money

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/130430.htm

no offence mate, but from what ive heard on pistonheads and from a mate that works at a bmw garage the e46 328 should be avoided, early e46 model that can be very unreliable

[Edited on 05-06-2007 by mk4_astra]
SetH

5th Jun 07 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

Like a SEAT? Do me a favour. SEAT's are no better than Vauxhalls in terms of quality.

For £7k I would probably consider a Leon Cupra, or even Ibiza Cupra with change, but then I wouldn't rule the Astra Cab out, regardless of if the dash 'felt awful'. It's an Astra, it does the job and looks alright to me.

m8 are you being serious? everything in the seats ive owned has a VW/Audi stamp/sticker on it etc. So effectively you are saying audi, vw and seat are no better then vauxhall in terms of quality?

every recent vauxhall ive been in, interior materials do feel cheap and tacky, doors dont have the solid clunk of a vag when you shut them. I think vauxhall is still ahead of pug, citroen, renault in terms of build quality but still a way to go to reach VAG standards.
SetH

5th Jun 07 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Fabia VRS is an awesome car imho, people who have a gripe with the skoda badge are just missing out.
Pablo

5th Jun 07 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont like the interior to be honest, its not for me, they do look nice from the outside, and the new advert rocks lol but im not keen
mk4_astra

5th Jun 07 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

back to pablo and his original list of cars imo the best all rounder is the focus st-170, my mate had one about a year ago and i loved it, comfy, quick, handled well, well equiped and handled well.

having said that if your willing to give up air con, leather and abs then i would consider the clio 172 cup. my mate has had one a few weeks now and its very fast for what it is(0-80ish feels about the same as my mates e46 330ci sport) handles well and the grip is unreal for a fwd car
Pablo

5th Jun 07 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Skoda Octavia VRS 1.8 Turbo 20 v - looking at these as well now but i duno!
topshot_2k
Banned

5th Jun 07 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

m8 are you being serious? everything in the seats ive owned has a VW/Audi stamp/sticker on it etc. So effectively you are saying audi, vw and seat are no better then vauxhall in terms of quality?

every recent vauxhall ive been in, interior materials do feel cheap and tacky, doors dont have the solid clunk of a vag when you shut them. I think vauxhall is still ahead of pug, citroen, renault in terms of build quality but still a way to go to reach VAG standards.

vuaxhall ahead of pug do me a favour. they might have dodgy electrics but the engines and designs are 10x that of vauxhall. Nothing but problems with my corsas even when they do run the are still nowhere near the most fun or quickest to drive
topshot_2k
Banned

5th Jun 07 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_astra
back to pablo and his original list of cars imo the best all rounder is the focus st-170, my mate had one about a year ago and i loved it, comfy, quick, handled well, well equiped and handled well.

having said that if your willing to give up air con, leather and abs then i would consider the clio 172 cup. my mate has had one a few weeks now and its very fast for what it is(0-80ish feels about the same as my mates e46 330ci sport) handles well and the grip is unreal for a fwd car

why not a 172 with air con etc?
neiliosxi

5th Jun 07 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

172 cup, under 25k miles with lots of change

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/162099.htm

immaculate ^^
SetH

5th Jun 07 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

- Engines i dont know enough about them to comment.
- Designs, id agree that pug design some very good looking cars and that the 406 couple is probably one of the best looking cars to come out of a factory.
- I guess pug do have more design flair and innovation then vauxhall

but my child....

and these are compared to vauxhalls imo:

They still feel like they are made out of tin
they still creak, rattle, and the interiors are made out of tonka plastic
takes 3 attempts to close the door properly and feels like tin.

I see you own a pug 306 so thus you are disadvantaged as having pug glasses on and thus your opinion is not as credible as it could be due to bias.
SetH

5th Jun 07 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pablo the Octavia VRS is a very capable car m8, very comfy, remaps to 215/220 bhp on standard IC, exhaust etc etc.

same engine, turbo, IC setup as the 180TT/Leon cupra. and due to the badge great value for money.
Nismo

5th Jun 07 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would go for the Astra Cab or Astra Coupe myself, might also look at BMW Coupe 318s.
mk4_astra

5th Jun 07 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
why not a 172 with air con etc?

i wouldnt mind either tbh and both are probably pretty close performance wise. its just a friend has the cup and ive taken a liking to it
John

5th Jun 07 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
quote:

what are you 50?

Stu

5th Jun 07 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id get a nice Jag X-Type Sport me!

topshot_2k
Banned

5th Jun 07 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
- Engines i dont know enough about them to comment.
- Designs, id agree that pug design some very good looking cars and that the 406 couple is probably one of the best looking cars to come out of a factory.
- I guess pug do have more design flair and innovation then vauxhall

but my child....

and these are compared to vauxhalls imo:

They still feel like they are made out of tin
they still creak, rattle, and the interiors are made out of tonka plastic
takes 3 attempts to close the door properly and feels like tin.

I see you own a pug 306 so thus you are disadvantaged as having pug glasses on and thus your opinion is not as credible as it could be due to bias.

i also own a corsa and a corsa van
Tom

5th Jun 07 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Skoda fabia's are ugly as sin imo, not seen the interior.

Vag's are not the world apart from the vauxhalls of this world anymore in terms of build quality.

Peugeot's are always gonna be a bit fragile, my mates not long had a brand new 207 and it doesn't feel anywhere near as solid as his astra coupe did.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jun 07 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with everything seth has said in this thread
RS SHORTIE

5th Jun 07 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bora tdi and have some cash left to

[Edited on 05-06-2007 by RS SHORTIE]
Pablo

5th Jun 07 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to look at Skoda dealer weekend, see what I think, im warming to the idea
NovaGTE2

5th Jun 07 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not get an accord type r and save £3K!

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car for £7k 22 database queries in 0.1084659 seconds