corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » HID kits, which kit and why ? ? ?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HID kits, which kit and why ? ? ?
Nick-S

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 07 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes thats right, only h4 bulbs are bi xenone, otherwise you need 2 kits, 1 for main, 1 for dipped
jamied

23rd Oct 07 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after reading the whole thread, i would much rather pay £50 deliverd than 150 plus del
Might be a risk but still similar components plus it isnt exactly drawing 4000v from the wiring is it
Nick-S

23rd Oct 07 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no but it fuckin feels like it when u get a shock off um

ps do not unplug them from the ballest when there are on, the arc will jump the gap painfull
jono22

23rd Oct 07 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee

8000k £130 to your door, hids-direct.co.uk. brilliant kit

Must admitt mate your attached picture has 99.9% sold me these particular hids at the 8000k rating !!!
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

23rd Oct 07 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
yes thats right, only h4 bulbs are bi xenone, otherwise you need 2 kits, 1 for main, 1 for dipped

unless you buy a decent kit that come with bi xenon. My kits come with dual bulbs for H7 cars (so HID on dipped and full beam) and H4 kits Have the same.
SAL
Premium Member

23rd Oct 07 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pg 5 so dave the kit i would need would be
Dave A

23rd Oct 07 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also worth remembering when deciding on a kit is this:

imagine a country road at night with no lighting, you are doing 60 mph into a bend and your Ebay HID kit decides to fail due to poor quality wiring looms or a blown fuse etc....

when we decided to start selling HID kits we bought 6 different kits currently available and the quality differences were massive, some were very good, thers were bad. only 1 kit from 6 had properly soldered joints and wiring which was suitable for outdoor use. yes, they may last for a few winters with a bit of salt and mositure but bad corrosion on a terminal means headlight failure, chances are it could happen on a well lit road 2 mins from home but theres always the 'what if' factor.

1 of the kits we bought and tested was so bad that we didnt want to try and wire it up, but we did. it worked fine but with a small tug on the ballast cable, the lights failed and the power arced up the metal bracket and blew out 6 fuses. not great
big eck

23rd Oct 07 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
quote:

unless you buy a decent kit that come with bi xenon. My kits come with dual bulbs for H7 cars (so HID on dipped and full beam) and H4 kits Have the same.

Price on those delivered please dave, do they come with any warranty???
big eck

23rd Oct 07 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Infact never mind my car has a seperate bulb for the high beam
Dave A

23rd Oct 07 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont expect people to understand the big differences, after all you havn't seen them for yourselfes, but I have been a qualified auto electrician since 1998 and know a good eletrical wiring loom and cable suitable for vehicle use when I see it.

I find it odd how people would spend £150+ on a head unit upgrade without thinking about getting the cheap £50 version that does the same thing, but when its about deciding about spending realistic money on what is effectively a SAFETY feature of a car they go for the cheap option.

My best advice would be that if you dont have a minimum of £150+ to spend on a decent quality kit, dont spend it. cheap HID kits are worse than the standard lights, especially when yours, your passangers and other road users safety is at risk.
Olsrey

23rd Oct 07 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, safety should come first.

Question about your kit though , do your H1 kits turn on both dipped and main beam when main beam is activated or would i need to keep my current relay i made for the same pupose?
Dave A

23rd Oct 07 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my H$ kits use the same bulb for dipped and main beam, they use a reflector that switches the beam direction higher to light up the road further forward.

the kits with 2 seperate bulbs are a bit slow as HID takes about 2-3 seconds to fully illuminate so if you flash your mains quickly they dont actually light up, they just flicker. also the main reason that HID's fail is due to turning them on and off, so switching between 2 bulbs with mean they will fail quicker.
nova_gteuk

23rd Oct 07 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
my kits are £150 as they arent bodged up by 10 year olds on night shifts in a backstreet alley in bangkok. they come with Emarked approval, all made in the UK, we build the wiring harnesses ourselfes, and have not had even 1 complaint, failure or return.

I am sure I could buy in a cheap kit and sell them out at less than £50 a kit but wouldnt come with any component of real quality, no real warranty, would flicker a lot and have a shitty beam pattern that will most likely blind other road users and fail an MOT.

any takers?

[Edited on 23-10-2007 by Dave A]

the set i posted off ebay,full e mark approval.with a two year warranty. if they flicker or had a shit beam pattern yyou send them back to him and hed replace them ive already asked him that

and my mates had them on his skyline for two years now and he says theyre just as good as any expensive set.and after 2 years theyre still going strong.beam pattern is checked at mot bay so im guessing they must be ok and they never flicker

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w259/SkylineChaz/100_5715.jpg

[Edited on 23-10-2007 by nova_gteuk]
nova_gteuk

23rd Oct 07 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no but it fuckin feels like it when u get a shock off um

ps do not unplug them from the ballest when there are on, the arc will jump the gap painfull

Dave A

23rd Oct 07 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
quote:
my kits are £150 as they arent bodged up by 10 year olds on night shifts in a backstreet alley in bangkok. they come with Emarked approval, all made in the UK, we build the wiring harnesses ourselfes, and have not had even 1 complaint, failure or return.

I am sure I could buy in a cheap kit and sell them out at less than £50 a kit but wouldnt come with any component of real quality, no real warranty, would flicker a lot and have a shitty beam pattern that will most likely blind other road users and fail an MOT.

any takers?

[Edited on 23-10-2007 by Dave A]

the set i posted off ebay,full e mark approval.with a two year warranty. if they flicker or had a shit beam pattern yyou send them back to him and hed replace them ive already asked him that

what, you mean those 'genuine' bosch kits? that Emark is probably as genuine as the brand name, its also a fact that Bosch dont make aftermarket HID kits
Dave A

23rd Oct 07 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

says it all really:

ebay is so full of fantastic products, so good infact you cant buy them in the shops
Dave A

23rd Oct 07 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also the symbol used on that 'bosch' ballast pack for the Emark is not the correct symbol

nova_gteuk

23rd Oct 07 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aslong as it says CE theyre fine

finished in germany is a joke sticker ask the guy they dont actually come with that on it

So theyre perfectly good hid kits with a two year warranty for £50 delivered i cant see anyone moaning about that?

as i said theyre on my mates skyline and hes never jhad a problem with them and most people on the local cruise site to me buy them off this guy and nobody has complained or sent a set back yet

Dave A

23rd Oct 07 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the cover has a false brand name, false Emark and probably arent CE approved then just imagine whats hidden inside the box itself
nova_gteuk

23rd Oct 07 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if the cover has a false brand name, false Emark and probably arent CE approved then just imagine whats hidden inside the box itself

brand name is correct.

ce approved is correct.

contact bosch with the serial number on the box and ask them if its genuine,which they did for my mate,he bought a set before everyone did as they done a group buy on them off this guy

theyre guarenteed for two years and for £50 posted thats a bargain imo

why does everything you sell have to be far superior to everything else,fuck if i bought a gaz coilover set directly from gaz im sure youd turn round and say if you bought from me theyre better
Dave A

24th Oct 07 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our local Bosch distributor has assured me that Bosh do not even make aftermarket HID kits. neither do other big manufacturers such as HELLA.

the 'bosch' kits are made by this company: http://www.boschhk.com/english/

who are based in:

163 wing lok street
sheng wang
hong kong

ring bosch with a part number my arse, they are currrently trying to sue ebay over their name being used on fake products being illegally sold on their site, says so in the press section of their website
Dave A

24th Oct 07 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and for the record, Gaz now list 2 kits for the corsa B, their own and a Vsport spec kit which is actually better and can only be bought through Vsport
ryan_fowler1985

24th Oct 07 at 04:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the legal issues with the colour temps on these lights? will the pass mot with say a 10k set? and also weather the lights can be run off the standard loom all depends on the current rating of the ballast, and the current rating of your cable each headlight should be fuesed of its own fuse if the standard fuse is higher rated than that of the ballast then it will be fine to run from a standard loom if not they will blow the fuse anyway so if they work off a standard loom then they will be fine. and if you wanted to check its power(watts)/Voltage
taylorboosh

24th Oct 07 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car has 2 bulbs for main and dipped, what happens to the main bulb if daves kits only have 1
whitter45

24th Oct 07 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in terms in colour

4300 will give the best visibility and do not look yellow but white

6000k Is the nest of both for both visibilty and colour

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » HID kits, which kit and why ? ? ? 22 database queries in 0.0194211 seconds