corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rolling Road Block, Protest Against Petrol Prices.

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rolling Road Block, Protest Against Petrol Prices.
DragonV

User status: Offline
6th Jun 08 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
that's not an excuse.

a friend from school is dyslexic and still spells 95% of words correct.

Just because your 'friend' is dyslexic and can spell, dont mean everyone whos dyslexic can. Theres different levels of it. Twat.
Ben G

6th Jun 08 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh well, i'll get over it dragon rawrrrr

theres also being a complete chav and being normal and not wheelspinning, everywhere, for no reason. but that's way off topic

i still don't see how blocking a road with normal cars is going to make gordon brown lower prices. as jules said, with lorries it's different because those lorries carry YOUR FOOD AND PETROL AND SUPPLIES which WE need to live. without FOOD and WATER, we'd die.
DragonV

6th Jun 08 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Know what your saying makes sense before you post yeah
JonnyJ

6th Jun 08 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben, if people couldnt get to work the economy would grind to a halt.
ed

6th Jun 08 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *JonnyG*
They don't have a choice, all peaceful protests are legal.
Not anymore thanks to the Terrorism Act. You need permission to protest now.
Ben G

6th Jun 08 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

made sense to me.

if you have ever worked night shifts before, you'd know it completely fucks with your head. i usually make a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes on here whilst i'm on this shift. so apologies.
Ben G

6th Jun 08 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Ben, if people couldnt get to work the economy would grind to a halt.

they'd find another route.

MOST places have more than one route, be it direct or indirect.

i see what you're saying, but 1,000 lorries carrying millions of pounds worth of food, water and petrol etc stopping on a major road would have a bigger effect on the economy than say a bunch of car's driving at 40mph.

who's going to tell a lorry driver to move the fuck out of their way?
ed

6th Jun 08 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
I would be proper fucked off if a load of idiots were holding me up doing 30 on the motorway

Yep, these protests will do fuckall. Dont see the point in them. Save your fuel and dont do a gay rolling road block.

what do you suggest then?

Sitting at home and saving your fuel. It will have no impact on fuel prices.

so you dont want to know that your unhappy paying through the nose because of the government.. even though the government work for YOU! you voted them in there supposed to do the best for there country not bring it down.

if you do nothing prices will keep spiralling at least use your voice to try and do something.
For fucks sake. It's not the fucking governement. DO A BIT OF FUCKING RESEARCH INTO GLOBAL FUCKING ECONOMICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK.
JonnyJ

6th Jun 08 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see what your saying ben and for what its worth i dont think this protest will do much but block up many of the major routes into the big cities in england. It would definitely have an effect as any other routes would be stacked with traffic.

If production took a major hit a few times a year the government would have to sit up and do something
ainsley_brader

6th Jun 08 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
People moan about the tax we pay, would we rather pay less tax and all need private health care etc like in the USA?

yes
Jules

6th Jun 08 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by waters
imo.....road blocks aint the answer to this problem.......

IF it could be done.............every driver needs to NOT buy petrol or diesel for 24 hours or even a few days........then the fuel companies and the goverment would lose that much money that they would have to do something about it.....

as I said it would be hard to do......you'd have to get every driver in the uk to not buy fuel......so it would be all of us against the goverment and fuel companies....not just the truck drivers

No they wouldn't because they'd know that after thatday or days people will have to fill up - so they will get their money either way.

Why can't people see that the way to solve this problem is through democracy - go and vote next time there is an election.
ed

6th Jun 08 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, lets vote different OPEC leaders and vote out all those speculators from the New York Stock Exchange.
Jay

6th Jun 08 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattyross
quote:
Originally posted by SRi Luke
All four of you could accidentally brake down at accidentally the same position on the motorway.

You could make the biggest traffic jam in history quite easily if you plan it well and have a few willing and intelligent people.

Imagine blocking the hard shoulder too. The recovery van would have to drive the wrong way down the motorway.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fe7w46nywzs

Didnt it come out the fella was dialling a number/texting on his mobile and killed the person infront?
ed

6th Jun 08 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Truck driver was on his phone.
Jay

6th Jun 08 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Truck driver was on his phone.

Thought so
nova_gteuk

6th Jun 08 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ainsley_brader
quote:
People moan about the tax we pay, would we rather pay less tax and all need private health care etc like in the USA?

yes

I already pay for private healthcare.

All my family do,Hsa never have to worry about dental or optician bills.

Fuck the nhs youd catch more than what you had before you went in an nhs hospital.
Lynny

6th Jun 08 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRi Luke
It really could work. You'd only need 4 cars.

The law is that the minimum speed on a motorway is 40mph. All four of you could accidentally brake down at accidentally the same position on the motorway. How would they prove you're lying? It'd cause absolute havoc doing it on the M25 at rush hour. You could make the biggest traffic jam in history quite easily if you plan it well and have a few willing and intelligent people who know each other well.

Obviously 4 cars would be a minimum, but even that would take ages to move... Imagine blocking the hard shoulder too. The recovery van would have to drive the wrong way down the motorway.

[Edited on 06-06-2008 by SRi Luke]

4 cars on a motorway with nothing wrong with them would take fudge all time to remove.....I've seen crashes with cars totally smashed up on major motorways and police have cleared them within 5-10 mins of arrival
Lynny

6th Jun 08 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Doing it on a sunday will nto disrupt much, coulda turn the m25 into one big traffic ring during a rush hour though

To have the impact you need, it'd me a monday morning, all routes to the m25 blocked (M1, M3, M4, M40, A1 etc) doing 40, and then get on the m25 and continue. That would cause unbeliveable hell, just do once around that then head home at 6 at night

I'd happily partake in that, as would my boss, however it wouldnt be the same it it wasnt a weekday.

in rush hour I've never been on a motorway that moves as fast as 40mph.....if they had some chavved up cars making sure everyone went this speed would be a blessing

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rolling Road Block, Protest Against Petrol Prices. 22 database queries in 0.3750420 seconds