corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Liverpool shop refurb - Updated pics on pg5, 25/04 - Nearly done

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool shop refurb - Updated pics on pg5, 25/04 - Nearly done
Cosmo

User status: Offline
11th Feb 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was held up due to a few of the quotes - mainly the aircon as went through about 4 or 5 different companies and a bit of negotiation to get a decent price.

The lighting was also a major ball ache as everything we wanted was on a stupidly long delay (10+ weeks) so that delayed the sparkies by about 2 or 3 weeks before they could start the rewire.
J da Silva

11th Feb 09 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a good contractor looking for decorative work allover the UK if you need one.
Cosmo

11th Feb 09 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sister's ex has his own company that does it, he got the best of both worlds - got rid of my annoying sis and still gets all the work off us
J da Silva

11th Feb 09 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No problem, I thought I'd mention it as that sorta of work is a playground for chancers. I've hired loads of 'del boy' painters and laid them off the next day.
Cosmo

11th Feb 09 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know what you mean, a load of the people we've had in to quote for various jobs have been obvious cowboys.

We are lucky as we know most of the people who are doing the work - builders, sparkies, plumbers, decorators. So is only the flooring, front windows and aircon that we had to get outsiders in for.
J da Silva

11th Feb 09 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will save thousands just by knowing people in the trades mentioned, plus they will take more care to get things spot on.
Cosmo

11th Feb 09 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, Im not bothered about paying decent money as long as the work is good quality, and given these have all worked on our other shops we know we are going to get that.
Tom

12th Feb 09 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good cosmo
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

26th Feb 09 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey cosmo. Where about is your southport shop!? And also what is it called??
Cosmo

27th Feb 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91

Its on Lord Street, 623 IIRC. Called Southport Bridal Gallery, was formerly Rebecca Hatton before we bought it.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th Apr 09 at 00:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91

Its on Lord Street, 623 IIRC. Called Southport Bridal Gallery, was formerly Rebecca Hatton before we bought it.

WOW i walk past that shop like every day
haha

didnt have a clue that was yours!
Cosmo

20th Apr 09 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have an update on the Liverpool shop tonight, its hopefully opening this weekend.
Cosmo

25th Apr 09 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right - update. Flooring guy decided to not bother turning up to finish a few areas so couldnt open this weekend Starting to move dresses on Tuesday though, so will be open for about Thurs/Fri next week

Pic of the reception area, still with old shop front and shutters - was a bit back but will let you see the difference to now!

New shop front, new shutters, new floor. Got painted after these pics were taken. Desk is going in on Monday as is all the seating.

Smaller side window is being backed off so seating can go behind it.

View down from reception to main showroom, still bits to be decorated which he is doing today. Got some massive prints being done to go on the walls as well as various other stuff.

Message for one of the builders

Main showroom. Poles waiting to be put up. First pic is looking down towards back of the shop. Second is looking towards the reception and the two fitting rooms. To the back right you can see the accessories area - this was finished with the units I designed built and up - but they werent straight so got ripped down last night

One of the five private fitting rooms. They are all more or less the same. Got seating and various pictures to go in these yet. All the fitting areas are carpeted and rest is amtico flooring.

Closer look down the next corridor leading from the main showroom to bridesmaids showroom/changing, 3 more private fitting rooms on the right, 'couture' bridal showroom to back left and then through to upstairs and what was the garage.

First arch on left goes into the bridesmaid room.

Then you go through from that side of the bridesmaids to the dedicated bridesmaids fitting area. Curtains still to go up yet! This can be split to serve two groups of 3 and 2, or one large group.

Opposite bridesmaids room entrance is a storeroom that has all electrics, network (has been all wired up since this pic), CCTV and alarm.

This is the 'couture' bridal showroom. Far wall is going to be wall papered, got a big mirror to go on it and a chaise to go under that.

We decided to convert the garage, so it now has a sewing room for the seamstresses, and also what was going to be menswear but for now its going to be a sale type room to put all the discontinued dresses from the 5 shops to get rid of them.

New wall and windows in seamstress room, big shutter behind was old entrance to the garage. Plus a pic looking back into the room.

Looking into the 'sale' room. Division will have a mirror either side so can serve two brides at once. Also pic from opposite angle.

Upstairs....one store room for customer dresses. One pressing/office room. A massive bathroom thats been split in two for storage and a loo, then the old kitchen with just a new floor (tiles were already there!).

And lastly a view from outside. Sign is on its way. Paving has been laid but needs pointing.

Nearly there.....!
Jill
Premium Member

25th Apr 09 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Message for one of the builders

pmsl!

Looking good cosmoplitan! Can't wait to see it when it's fully finished! Should be worth the wait despite the delays!

JILL
Graham88

25th Apr 09 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good read! Mega project, must be a good feeling when something you've planned has all together and so nice
M2RTY

26th Apr 09 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice safe fire door lol!
Bram

26th Apr 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where are the hidden spy camera's???
16vKarlos

26th Apr 09 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read the whole thread. what i lovely place its goingto be.. cant wait to see the finished pictures.

Karlos
Cosmo

27th Apr 09 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Graham, yeah its good finaly seeing it getting there, good to see it going from me drawing it on a few scraps of paper and then into Sketch Up to how it is now. If I was doing it again though Id do a lot of stuff differently - not really anything to do with design though.

M2rty - tell me about it Thats the old shutter on during construction. As that'll be the sewing room it'll be raised everyday before and after customers leave so will be a perfectly working firedoor then....!

Bram - they are hidden, I cant tell you that

Cheers Karlos
Haimsey
Premium Member

27th Apr 09 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow thats come such a long way and looks amazing now Job well done indeed.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Sam
Premium Member

27th Apr 09 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheelchair ramp too - very accessible.
Cosmo

2nd May 09 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well....

shop had customers in Thurs and Friday for fittings on their actual gowns, and opened its doors today fully

Got pics of it fully stocked which I'll post up when I get my camera from the shop. Few things still left to do (various pictures and signs, as well as the main sign outside which hasnt been fitted yet), but those are all small things!
Robbo

2nd May 09 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good!
will_doyle
Banned

4th May 09 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man Utd top of the league

Liverpool 2nd
Cosmo

4th May 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo owns 7 shops.

Doyle makes bad websites and wants to wash cars.

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll