corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Snow is significantly less awesome than it was yesterday - new pics page 4

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Snow is significantly less awesome than it was yesterday - new pics page 4
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Feb 09 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I don't like to do things by halves

You reckon? Maybe it's just our drive, then. It's weird though because the tracking doesn't look that out, but if you hold the wheel straight it goes miles to the right. Like, on a kamikaze mission to the kerb. Maybe sorting out the back end will help, it made me laugh the way it moves

Basically it bumps up and down, and wiggles side to side

Oh yeah, forgot too add earlier, the bearing is definitely wrecked, I could hear it grinding like mad, so turned the music up

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Feb 09 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Garage just rang back, £253 (inc VAT) to get the axle swapped over, and to keep my brakes etc. They'll MOT it afterwards as well, because I can have it done after Thursday

Gonna call them back tomorrow and tell them to do it after my dad gives me some money Haha. He said he'd pay for it until I got my first set of wages, but I'll probably pay most of it because I'm nice.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
DaveyLC

9th Feb 09 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not cheaper to just buy another car, transfer over the bits then wiegh that one in or even sell it to someone as spares/repairs.?
S@M

9th Feb 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
Garage just rang back, £253 (inc VAT) to get the axle swapped over, and to keep my brakes etc. They'll MOT it afterwards as well, because I can have it done after Thursday

thats well expensive lol

Graham88

9th Feb 09 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus christ....I'd have done it for half that!!
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Feb 09 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe Dave, but I can't find any cheap Corsas round here, there's one Tigra though Plus I like my car, even if it is painfully slow

It it expensive, Sam, but I need it done by the end of the week so I can get to work, and my parents are basically saying that I can't do it. Which is extremely annoying and frustrating, but at least dad's offered to pay for it for now.

Get yourself up my way then Graham They're a good garage too, don't overcharge or anything, and do all parts at cost price.

I'm wondering if they're including a new shock absorber in the price though, because my dad reckons it has a scrape on it, but I'm lowering it once I get it back so I don't need one

[Edited on 09-02-2009 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Graham88

9th Feb 09 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough, at least it'll be done I suppose. Using new bearings yeah?
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Feb 09 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I should think so, forgot to say tbh Going down tomorrow to take the new one to them anyway so will tell them to

Probably won't get it back until Thursday or Friday but I'm not too bothered as long as it's done this week

I had a thought though, the noise I heard coming from the back wheel could have been the brake, because it was stuck partially on, because the handbrake cable was being pulled a bit by the way it's bent. Didn't hear it at 10mph but did at 15, didn't go faster than that.

[Edited on 09-02-2009 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Graham88

9th Feb 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be the case mate, hope it all gets sorted
DaveyLC

9th Feb 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can get the car down to me I can get the work done for ALOT less mate..
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Feb 09 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the only problem mate, I can't drive it far and a recovery truck costs loads

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Tomnova16
Premium Member

9th Feb 09 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can get it collected fit it for way less than that. ill u2u my number incase you want to

[Edited on 09-02-2009 by Tomnova16]

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Feb 09 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would be cool mate, do you know how much in total? It HAS to be done by the end of the weekend if that's ok?

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
DaveyLC

9th Feb 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok mate well if you change your mind and you feel brave enough driving it down the back roads to hurst just give me a shout
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Feb 09 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the offer mate but trust me, it was terrifying enough driving it at 15mph 2 miles down the road For some reason it bumps up and down, and it was going side to side as well, it was like being on one of those mechanical bull things. And if you go over a metal drain cover you're lucky if you don't hit the kerb

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Snow is significantly less awesome than it was yesterday - new pics page 4 23 database queries in 0.2117779 seconds