corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Dole

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Dole
Colin

User status: Offline
16th Aug 09 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not a step back though as such, you can go back to IT at any time. If anything your showing how versitile you are by taking a stop gap job when you need one and are not ashamed to roll your sleves up and get on with it!!

I would say thats more attractive to a prospective employer (for a job in the future which you might really want) than saying you've sat at home for 6 months waiting for them to come along...?

[Edited on 16-08-2009 by Colin]
M2RTY

16th Aug 09 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

colin there is such a thing as being over qualified for a job, happens a lot
Carl

16th Aug 09 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
Have to admit I don't wanna take any old job, I'm 25 now and feel I should of achieved something but my whole CV's pointed towards the IT industry, and that's what I wanna do.

I'd take anything IT related, but working in Macky D's? Maybe five years ago if I was desperate. I understand it's different for people that have more outgoings (I only have car, phone and internet really) but I want a career damn it!

There are some bloody good careers to be had at McDonalds! My friend worked there through college etc, he was a bright kid, moved up the ranks, and whilst he was going his degree he did work experience there. He went down to London working around ideas for new products etc, says he used to be sat in meetings with people on silly money, head of Europe McD's type people on mega bucks.

I'm with Colin, I'd have a go at anything, £200 a week is better than 50 over 2, I've done quite a very temp jobs, stuck them out for 1 and 2 weeks and they often felt like a lifetime! Factories, warehouses and data entry.
corsa120

16th Aug 09 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is 50quid a week the going rate on the dole for say someone like me who works full time with mortgage etc etc?

ive never claimed the dole and my job seems ok fingers crossed, picking up alot recently but i dont know seem to hear people getting different amounts
kz

16th Aug 09 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Its not a step back though as such, you can go back to IT at any time. If anything your showing how versitile you are by taking a stop gap job when you need one and are not ashamed to roll your sleves up and get on with it!!

I would say thats more attractive to a prospective employer (for a job in the future which you might really want) than saying you've sat at home for 6 months waiting for them to come along...?

[Edited on 16-08-2009 by Colin]

Yeah I guess, I do see what you're saying. It's just I'm scared of getting stuck somewhere crappy, as I've been there and done that and found it hard to get out! I had to quit to find another job as I just didn't have the time to find one with working all the time. It's not that I'm in a worse situation money wise now, but then I had to get myself outta debt (which I did) and I didn't have saved up money to loose as it were.

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
is 50quid a week the going rate on the dole for say someone like me who works full time with mortgage etc etc?

ive never claimed the dole and my job seems ok fingers crossed, picking up alot recently but i dont know seem to hear people getting different amounts

£50 for under 25, £65 for over.
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Aug 09 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never been on it and don't think I would unless I absolutely had to, purely because of the stigma as hammer said.

I don't mind if people are genuinely entitled to it. But I know a lad whos been on it for sometime but not looked for work. What annoys me is he actually earns more than me off the dole, sitting on his arse all day than I do in part time work and he had the cheek to laugh at me about it! Where is the motivation for people like this to get work?

[Edited on 16-08-2009 by shaunmods]
Graham88

16th Aug 09 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Shaun that was the same as me when I was working at Sainsburys, my mate earned double what I earnt and I had a job whilst he sat on his arse, thats when the system is wrong.

I've never been on it and never have any intention of using it. I hope everyone enjoys the extortionate amount in taxes I pay.
taylorboosh

17th Aug 09 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by john-d
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

d. they won it
e. they were given it
f. they stole it

so because someone has been lucky and inherited or won a sum of money means that they arent entitled to what every one else is?

I never said that, the point about them having money in the bank so not getting dole wasnt mine.

I was just pointing out that your 3 assumptions that they must be good with money where as someone who doesnt have savings isnt could be far far far from the truth.

oh i see, my bad
Brett
Premium Member

17th Aug 09 at 07:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm interested how people on the dole are receiving more than people with jobs? You must have really shitty jobs. They get £50 a week. Even the most crappest of minimum wage jobs would pay more than that.

My mate gets the full everything an unemployed person could get...

Housing benefit = £65 x 4 weeks (council flat, not some penthouse apartment).
Council tax = £80
JSA = £50 x 4 weeks

= £540

You don't get bills paid for regardless what people think. He has to pay for gas/elec and any other luxeries like sky/broadband (which he doesn't have) out of these things.

How is that better than someone could earn, even on minimum wage? TBH, although living for free, he struggles a hell of a lot to pay for everything including feeding himself and transport on buses, etc.

They don't live the life of luxury for free like people seem to think. Ok, there are scammers out there who are claiming disability on top, but that's a different topic all together.
Marc

17th Aug 09 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not a fan if I'm honest. I'd worked for 8 years then they made me fill in 10 forms and a few phone calls as they didn't believe I qualified for it. Yet some lazy bastard out there will be given a cheque no questions asked.
kz

17th Aug 09 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was really against joining it when I first got made redundant. But my mates kept saying ffs you pay all this TAX and for what, get some of it back! You're entitled to it! Then I thought yeah TAX does piss me off actually, it doesn't feel like I'm gonna be scrounging off other people, just that I'm getting my money back
Ian W

17th Aug 09 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was on it a few years ago when I was out of work. No problem with people on it as long as there happy to have a look for a job which seems split about 50/50 with the layabouts who want to live for free.
M2RTY

17th Aug 09 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you NEED to do it or your NI contributions are messed up
kz

17th Aug 09 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Walked into town to go there today, got told to go home again as I need to phone first point...

But I have done and now have an appointment for tomorrow. Gonna be fun!
Ben G

17th Aug 09 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my missus was between jobs when she moved down here.

didn't get fuck all money off them for the 2 months she was out of work.

fucking idiots the lot of them. she went to all their silly meetings aswell, even the one where they made her (me driving) travel 15 miles away to a job centre even though we have one 2 minutes around the corner from the house.

idiots.
Ben G

17th Aug 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and it wasn't like she didn't try to get the money. she had to send letters off (about 5 in total) only for them to say she isn't eligible to claim money.

the fuck is the point in paying national insurance and tax and all that stuff when you can't get anythig back when you lose your job?
will_doyle
Banned

4th Sep 09 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the dole

the money is shit but the hours are fucking fantastic
JonnyJ

4th Sep 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow. Only took you 18 days to think of that cracker

Mazin
Cosmo

4th Sep 09 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the doyle

the posts arent funny and he is not all there
Anty
Premium Member

4th Sep 09 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its shite, i get 124. p 2 wks
kz

4th Sep 09 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got paid £18
Anty
Premium Member

4th Sep 09 at 23:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

y 18 quid?
Cosmo

4th Sep 09 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

y nt he gt pd 18 qd?
J da Silva

4th Sep 09 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fnk 8teen qd iz rite w4nk.
richc

5th Sep 09 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
I'm interested how people on the dole are receiving more than people with jobs? You must have really shitty jobs. They get £50 a week. Even the most crappest of minimum wage jobs would pay more than that.

My mate gets the full everything an unemployed person could get...

Housing benefit = £65 x 4 weeks (council flat, not some penthouse apartment).
Council tax = £80
JSA = £50 x 4 weeks

= £540

You don't get bills paid for regardless what people think. He has to pay for gas/elec and any other luxeries like sky/broadband (which he doesn't have) out of these things.

How is that better than someone could earn, even on minimum wage? TBH, although living for free, he struggles a hell of a lot to pay for everything including feeding himself and transport on buses, etc.

They don't live the life of luxury for free like people seem to think. Ok, there are scammers out there who are claiming disability on top, but that's a different topic all together.

Has no kids?

Bang one out, £1200-£1300 a month

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Dole 22 database queries in 0.0222859 seconds