corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Audi TTS

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Audi TTS
Graham88

User status: Offline
8th Oct 09 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Got to be honest I can see your logic in having one vehicle, but I don't think it's a vehicle to have if you are trying to save money in doing so.

Its not so much to save money....more so to stop wasting it. The M3's not used much & I cant get Jade on the policy, otherwise I would. Jade uses a car much more than me & i'd be happy to lose mine to get a really nice one we can both enjoy - it makes sense to me.

In that case I can see why you want to do it.

I wouldn't want to spend 45k on an Audi TT though!
mwg

8th Oct 09 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The RS looks cack. Have seen a couple of them now and the body styling looks awkward

TTS review: http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/221976/audi_tts.html

TTRS reviews: http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/236746/audi_tt_rs.html

gains a star on this review of the UK one
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/239629/audi_tt_rs.html
jr

8th Oct 09 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
I really like them, but i I ahd the TTS, i'd always be thinking how much better the TT RS is.

Donna wants an RS, but out of price range.

I saw a white convertable one go past me the other day, and although I thought the old ones were proper hairdresser cars, I could happily see myself piloting one of those 300+bhp white convertable jobbies. Shades on, sun out, pimpin it up

RS is brilliant, but its not worth the extra cash for the 5 pot despite the noise

the S noise is sexual
Daimo B

8th Oct 09 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only other issue is i've been speaking to some different AA chappies recently.

All 3 said the most popular cars they are picking up in the last few years are Audis, followed by Renaults, but the Rens were mainly in the winter.

3 different blokes, 3 different times.......

A reason not to choose both marques?
whitter45

8th Oct 09 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Only other issue is i've been speaking to some different AA chappies recently.

All 3 said the most popular cars they are picking up in the last few years are Audis, followed by Renaults, but the Rens were mainly in the winter.

3 different blokes, 3 different times.......

A reason not to choose both marques?

depends what the faults are

BMW had a massive problems with the turbos on the 2.0 engine following the 177PS release which was down to a fault in the manufacturing process of the turbo

Therefore nothing to do with BMW themselves

I have said this before after owning VAG I would not have another one if it was my own cash as it proved quite unreliable and expensive

May have to return to the VAG group next year but at least it wont be my own cash
whitter45

8th Oct 09 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

evo review gives some very quick times for that car

Didnt realise it was that quick
Ben G

8th Oct 09 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do like the tts, looks much more aggressive that the old model.

porsche cayman s is an awesome car. i drove one on a track in a driving experience and i loved the noise and the way you feel like you're sitting in it rather than on it, if you get what i mean.

very nice cars, and a better image than the audi.
Colin

8th Oct 09 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My golf was very reliable during my ownership 80k through 110k & I never once serviced it

Old mans never had any problem with his A4 apart from a fog light getting condensation which they replaced no problem. He finds the dealers a pleasure to deal with on each visit.

Ive almost had my fill with BMW, 1st Jades mini with the PS pump & then today I call up to chase up a part for mine ive been waiting on thats meant to take 3-4 weeks, now 5 weeks in. I phone oh yes sir there here ready for you & have for some time..................great wheres my phone call I was promised??
Colin

8th Oct 09 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i do like the tts, looks much more aggressive that the old model.

porsche cayman s is an awesome car. i drove one on a track in a driving experience and i loved the noise and the way you feel like you're sitting in it rather than on it, if you get what i mean.

very nice cars, and a better image than the audi.

Caymans only 2 seats though. Not ideal if its our only car & someone needs a lift.

I know TT's rear seats will be a joke but still it does have them & I can legally squeeze someone into the back if required & drive off up the road!!
Ben G

8th Oct 09 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didn't read the whole thread, like some others
whitter45

8th Oct 09 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my opinion and I am not saying its right your better to have 2 nice cars than one car especially if its going to be a tarted up TT

Just dont see how you can cope with 1 car no matter how many times your offshore

My mate and his girlfriend sold both their cars to get one between them

it lasted about 4 months

Just keep the mini and BMW and pure your money into the house

[Edited on 08-10-2009 by whitter45]
Colin

8th Oct 09 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not really interested in alternatives tbh. Its a TTS/RS or leave things as they are & continue to find jade a new mini :spits:
whitter45

8th Oct 09 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
My golf was very reliable during my ownership 80k through 110k & I never once serviced it

Old mans never had any problem with his A4 apart from a fog light getting condensation which they replaced no problem. He finds the dealers a pleasure to deal with on each visit.

Ive almost had my fill with BMW, 1st Jades mini with the PS pump & then today I call up to chase up a part for mine ive been waiting on thats meant to take 3-4 weeks, now 5 weeks in. I phone oh yes sir there here ready for you & have for some time..................great wheres my phone call I was promised??

exactly mate different people have different experiences

I found Audi absolutely shite on all accounts were as BMW are a dream

I appreciate I do not have the high end cars such as the M3 but the BMW has been a dream to own compared to the Audi
JadeM
Premium Member

8th Oct 09 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jade no longer wants a new mini now though You Mister Colin brain washed me into wanting a TT.................................................. and now the seeds been planted there's no going back
Colin

8th Oct 09 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
In my opinion and I am not saying its right your better to have 2 nice cars than one car especially if its going to be a tarted up TT

Just dont see how you can cope with 1 car no matter how many times your offshore

it lasted about 4 months

Its not idea for everyone I agree but it would work for us. When im home I really do fuckall.

Instead of 2 older cars costing lots of money we can have 1 thats new/almost new & shouldnt need a thing apart from fuel & tyres.

We have still go the old classic mini to fix, it doesnt need too much doing to get it back roadworthy. I guess that will be put on the road and used if I need to go out.
Ojc

8th Oct 09 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking go mental and have a wank.
Colin

8th Oct 09 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was going mental i'd rent a house!
Ojc

8th Oct 09 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oi sonny Jim, lips.
Colin

8th Oct 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vaginal or facial?
Colin

8th Oct 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or arse.....
Ojc

8th Oct 09 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anal
A2H GO

8th Oct 09 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45

it lasted about 4 months

Same as me, however we sold both our cars, bought 1 car between us and i bought a runabout for work. It lasted a few month before i was sick of either being stuck with the crap car, being seen in the crap car all the time or the thought of the Mrs turning up with 2 fucked alloys on the decent car

I was all for it at the start like you but it was the thought of being able to drive a better car than what i had, that overpowered my 'sensibleness' and i didnt want to listen to other people opinions, granted it saved us a bit of money but id rather pay a bit extra to have a decent car of my own even if its isnt as good as what we could have together.

I suppose you wont know if it will work for you until you do it as everyones situation is different so give it a shot, just be prepared mentally and finacially if you have to revert back as if your getting it from a dealer you will be paying over the odds and will loose a sizeable chunk if you have to trade it back in. Also, what ever you go back to won't be as good.

[Edited on 08-10-2009 by CorsAsh-Sport]
glasgow_corsa_c

8th Oct 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the best combo i've seen...

Looks way more classier than the white... Red or that gunmetal would be my choice
CORSA NUT

8th Oct 09 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love these in that blue colour...

Go for it Coling
JadeM
Premium Member

8th Oct 09 at 23:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Love these in that blue colour...

Go for it Coling

I love them also, but Ilbus White it has to be

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Audi TTS 22 database queries in 0.0148859 seconds