corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ojc's old Nova?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ojc's old Nova?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Dec 09 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers nath, officially the best pic i have of it

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Fad

29th Dec 09 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So whats the plan for it tom making a come back?
Ojc

29th Dec 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found this at work

This was before the new rear bumper and the still has the shitty chrome filler cap and standard mirrors

deano87

29th Dec 09 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I had the spare cash on a monthly basis to run a 2nd car I'd consider it.
blue corsa
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

29th Dec 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Linch
I know the lad who owns it now. He has sorted started putting it back to the way it was when OJC had it....its now back on speedlines I would love to buy it off him.
You got any pics a few of my mates from Duns have owned itjust needed tlc
Nath

29th Dec 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
Cheers nath, officially the best pic i have of it

No worries dude.
Ellis

29th Dec 09 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's as good as a Nova gets IMO - I will own a GSi one day
Tomnova16
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
So whats the plan for it tom making a come back?

definatly be making a comeback, just dont know wether to make it exactly the same as it is now but mint again, or put it back to original mettalic black GSi spec but with some special touches

Fad

29th Dec 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like the sound of that

btw what happend to the chopped up corsa?

[Edited on 29-12-2009 by Fad]
taylorboosh

29th Dec 09 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if that had been on when i got my red top id have got that instead
DENTYSRI

29th Dec 09 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

omg cant believe im reading this. im the lad linch mentioned. i owned this nova a week ago, i swapped my xe corsa for it. I fell in love with the car when i spotted it on pistonheads and did a deal with the lad the next day. unfortunatlley though when i got it home and had a good look it wasnt as good as it appeared to be, roof lining hangin of, terrible cam rattle, bad oil leak, osf chasis leg rotten, drivers door rotten along lower seam, interior wiring a toatal mess- the car nearly burnt out on me when i was driving it due to the interior light wiring shorting out and setting fire to the roof lining. all of this didnt put me of to much as the car still looked lovely and i was willing to put some time and money into it. i sold the white cesaros and put it on anthracite speedlines, re wired the dash, replaced the heater matrix, serviced it, replaced the carpet roof liner with a genuine gsi one and carried out numerous other litle tasks. anyway it wasnt to my mate who really no's his novas had a good look at it that i was really put of. The car had undergone some really bad repair work on the strut tops, chasis legs and battery tray, they had literally just patched it up with odd bits of metal and the welds resembled pigeon shit more than anything else, the repairs were cracking again round the strut tops aswell. we then had a good look around the car and realised that the arches were starting to rust back through where they had been repaired. anyway due to the previous owner losing his liscence i got offered my car back (asked him if he would swap back anyway due to finding out all of the above) so i swapped back last weekend. I swapped back on the saturday and on sunday night i spoke to the lad and he told me he had sold the nova for £1300 to someone in yorkshire. Really is a crying shame as the car was stunning in its prime.i had been searching for the lad who built it when i got the car but i couldnt find him ( all i knew was that his name was olly crowe because i had the tv that the car was featured in.
taylorboosh

29th Dec 09 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shame
Eck
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OJC won't be happy to hear that.
Wrighty

29th Dec 09 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a shame, that car was mint

why do i want another nova
DENTYSRI

30th Dec 09 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just reading through this lot and i remembred a few other things, when i got it previous owners had removed, cage, electric windows, under dash shelves, rear belts and seat brackets, various other bits of trim, guages that were in place of centre vents,harnesses. the coilovers were also toatally shot so i had to put it on gmax shocks and springs to make it safe to drive.. real shame about this car
Gregor

30th Dec 09 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a shame Lovely car too.

So when was all the welding carried out ?
Corsa_Scotty

30th Dec 09 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt realise it was that bad. saw it driving about all the time
DENTYSRI

30th Dec 09 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know mate,i didnt do it and the lad before me didnt, he didnt have it long either though, got it of somebody in scotland about 2 months ago.might have been him but i dont know.
Corsa_Scotty

30th Dec 09 at 01:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lad has a caribic blue GSi on cav slabs now i think
dezzy.kay

30th Dec 09 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am glad you got rid of it denty mate

did look mint when it was first built though shame
Tomnova16
Premium Member

30th Dec 09 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Like the sound of that

btw what happend to the chopped up corsa?

[Edited on 29-12-2009 by Fad]

corsa will be getting done to dont worry,
which bit do you like the sound of, back to std or keep as is
shame about ojc's nova though, seems to be the way for all great cars, they seem to get neglected

j10E W

30th Dec 09 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like its been passed around like a abused slut
blue corsa

31st Dec 09 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DENTYSRI
omg cant believe im reading this. im the lad linch mentioned. i owned this nova a week ago, i swapped my xe corsa for it. I fell in love with the car when i spotted it on pistonheads and did a deal with the lad the next day. unfortunatlley though when i got it home and had a good look it wasnt as good as it appeared to be, roof lining hangin of, terrible cam rattle, bad oil leak, osf chasis leg rotten, drivers door rotten along lower seam, interior wiring a toatal mess- the car nearly burnt out on me when i was driving it due to the interior light wiring shorting out and setting fire to the roof lining. all of this didnt put me of to much as the car still looked lovely and i was willing to put some time and money into it. i sold the white cesaros and put it on anthracite speedlines, re wired the dash, replaced the heater matrix, serviced it, replaced the carpet roof liner with a genuine gsi one and carried out numerous other litle tasks. anyway it wasnt to my mate who really no's his novas had a good look at it that i was really put of. The car had undergone some really bad repair work on the strut tops, chasis legs and battery tray, they had literally just patched it up with odd bits of metal and the welds resembled pigeon shit more than anything else, the repairs were cracking again round the strut tops aswell. we then had a good look around the car and realised that the arches were starting to rust back through where they had been repaired. anyway due to the previous owner losing his liscence i got offered my car back (asked him if he would swap back anyway due to finding out all of the above) so i swapped back last weekend. I swapped back on the saturday and on sunday night i spoke to the lad and he told me he had sold the nova for £1300 to someone in yorkshire. Really is a crying shame as the car was stunning in its prime.i had been searching for the lad who built it when i got the car but i couldnt find him ( all i knew was that his name was olly crowe because i had the tv that the car was featured in.
i ma mate jamie swaped the nova for a ur corsa everybody thought you were mental swaping lol a can always remember the carpets always used to be soaking wet.it was owned to another mate of mine before jamie bought it was quite clean then he bought it from wales u got any pics of it just now ??
alan-g-w

31st Dec 09 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who carried out all the shoddy welding? And how come this car that was done to such a high spec, as per jr's comments on the bottom of page 1, succumbed to rust so soon?
blue corsa

31st Dec 09 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a think it was wen ma mate bought it from wales under the bonnet was hanging wires everywere looked like some had painted it with dulex lol

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ojc's old Nova? 23 database queries in 0.0142832 seconds