corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » THE Mk4! Being broken!!!

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author THE Mk4! Being broken!!!
antnee

User status: Offline
29th Mar 10 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only noise it makes is like a blowing noise at high boost levels only. A bit like its letting some boost out :confused:
red_top_corsa

29th Mar 10 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate i wnat new wheels for mine also be carful with ur beza that low tho lol mines about 60mm front 70 rear and i hit a big pot hole yesterday and crack the sump being welded today lol. them plastic sump gauds break off fter a few bumps but you can get a new one from seat for about £18. thank you for pointing me in the right direction to get the rear fr valance got it from seat in the end cost £23 including the vat looks goog with my exhaust
antnee

29th Mar 10 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, Im always careful around speed humps and pot holes!

BTW are you on ibizaoc.com yet?
red_top_corsa

29th Mar 10 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate i signed up when i saw the website on your car lol
antnee

29th Mar 10 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one, it is starting to get a bit busier now, a few newer members posting more often now

Are you planning to go to any shows this year?
red_top_corsa

30th Mar 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure are you mate
antnee

30th Mar 10 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, Got GTi Springfest on the 11th April, maybe DC10 on 13th June (I think), we are deffo doing GTi international at the end of june, Vag Fest and E38 and Trax in September
antnee

3rd Apr 10 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got spacers on, shows it needs to go lower though :thumbsdown: (well on 16's anyway)

Before

after

Over the past few days I've put a lot of thought into what I want to do and when, so sorting the bodywork out and new wheels is next, followed by exhaust and remap, at some point I will buy braided lines and some discs for the 312mm brakes so they can get fitted. But I need to start saving lots for all the body work I want doing, as Im going to just drop the car off for a week and let them get it mint Also I've decided I'm going to keep the hidden exhaust for the smoother look and so it the back stays cleaner for longer
antnee

3rd May 10 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to PPC in the Park @ Mallory Park on Saturday with Weekend Racer. Ended up having 2 sessions, although my camera decided to turn off during the second session (the better one too!) so only vid of the 2.15 outing

First Part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp6H0joESPw

Second Part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A1cfSTTZDI

A few pics from Gavin

The car was faultless throughout the day, having the same and good tyres all round gives the car so much more balance and less snappy! Although Mallory is fairly easy on the brakes, it did show up how rubbish the standard brakes are, rear discs are shot anyway. Sooo I should be getting some nice CRN grooved discs all round, new pads on the rear and get my 312mm calipers on the front with some braided lines and new fluid too

I have been trying to save for the bodywork and wheels, but money keeps going elsewhere
Matt L

6th May 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
The only noise it makes is like a blowing noise at high boost levels only. A bit like its letting some boost out :confused:

Yeah mine did that, needed some little valve to restrict how much went up to the gauge but i got sick of it and binned them, didnt help it did actually cause a boost leak which i think is what caused the vac pipe to split (saying that i dont know where it was plumbed into)
antnee

8th Jun 10 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been getting a few bits here and there done, got a whole list of stuff to be done before inters!

anyway, 312's are coming along, probably in their final coat depending on how it dries

I've been undecided on what to do with the interior as its a bit plain for my liking, I have thought about the carbon fibre vinyl, but its too expensive IMO, so bought some brushed alu vent rings from T. Spark, which weren't brushed enough for my liking, so I had a go with some wet n dry paper and polish, but still don't like them

So Im going in a different direction, which will be revealed at Inters
flybikeslee

8th Jun 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes to 312 brakes
antnee

8th Jun 10 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, been in a few with them, awesome braking power for little money!!

They are dry now, look alright, just need a little touch up in a few places, then they are ready to be built back up with some nice new braided hoses

Ordered some solid Cupra wishbone bushes, to replace the voided ones which fall apart, also ordered a uprated dogbone mount bush too, so hopefully they will reduce a lot of the clunks and bangs I currently have
Bonney

9th Jun 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was clunky on the front. Replaced the anti roll bar and it was fine!
Simon_16v

10th Jun 10 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where have you put the ballasts for your HIDS? Also do you know where i can get a boost pipe from the intercooler to the egr valve?

I have a boost gauge fitting in mine but i want to remove it now lol
antnee

11th Jun 10 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Operation pikey de-cat happens tomorrow
antnee

12th Jun 10 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I forgot about taking pics of my HID's, so heres some befores and afters

Looking at them

Dipped

Mains

2 random pics

During the week I had the bumper off trying to sort a HID issue (I need a new bulb and ballast :thumbsdown: ), I decided to tidy up the boost gauge piping, as before it went from the boost pipe on the left side of the engine, to the o/s strut tower, all the way across to the n/s strut tower, through the bulkhead and back across the car behind the dash. I realised that there's a gap between the inner and outer wings and there is also a nice grommet on the A pillar, so;

While the car was in bits

This new dogbone mount turned up today from Awesome GTi, which should get fitted tomorrow morning

Now what you have all been waiting for!!! The pikey de-cat!

Before

During

Comparing new for old

And on the car

It now spools quicker, few psi more boost, pulls harder for longer and more turbo noises The zorst it self isn't any louder and doesn't smoke any more either
antnee

15th Jun 10 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put a SuperPro Fast road dogbone mount bush in on Sunday and its ace! Little bit of vibration at tickover but its soooo much better to drive, with this and the de-cat its almost like a different car! Put foot down and it takes off immediately

Some pics,

Take this bit off

Take this rubbish bush out

Comparison of the bushes

And in

For 40 odd quid from Awesome GTi, its a great buy, and easy to fit too, takes approx 30-40mins
Simon_16v

17th Jun 10 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a video of the decat up, been thinking about doing mine for a while now.

Not sure about the bean can with 2 clamps
antnee

17th Jun 10 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The decat doesn't really change the noise at all, you can hear more whistling from the turbo, makes some cool noises as I come off boost now
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

18th Jun 10 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Epic decat tbh.
R1chard

18th Jun 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now thats what you call a bodge of a decat !
red_top_corsa

19th Jun 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got an ibiza tdi is a decat worth it does your mpg go crap
antnee

19th Jun 10 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno about MPG yet as I haven't done a long steady run (or anything to compare to!), but in theory mpg should improve as there is more power for the same amount of fuel being used
antnee

4th Jul 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update of some bits I got done before Inters, finished off the boot install

And the false floor (it is covered but need to take a pic)

I wanted to change the rings around the air vents and do something with the fascia around the stereo and aircon, considered CC'ing it and wrapping it in Carbon Fibre vinyl, but settled for painting the gloss black to match the OEM rings around the dash clocks and add a bit of class to the interior IMO

Before;

After;

I also added some more Ibizaoc.com stickers and put the pressed plates I bought at Inters on

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » THE Mk4! Being broken!!! 23 database queries in 0.0172939 seconds