corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again!

Poll: Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again!
  I use my mobile phone while driving
  I never use my mobile phone while driving

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again!
Ojc

User status: Offline
11th Dec 09 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Riding a bike in the morning I see some horrific driving, like today the fog was very thick and yet people didn't have lights on.
Daimo B

11th Dec 09 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
thanks VXR took 3 pages for somebody to answer with some brains, just shows the way people are today selfish and inconsiderate..... i do ride a bike too but you see it no matter what your driving/riding.

i was called the internet police earlier for sharing your views vxr!!!!!!!!!

like i said earlier i lost my best friend 3 years ago because of a women on the phone she caused my friend to have to swerve and he clipped the kerb and car flipped and rolled into a farm field, and it was the blow from side window on his head which killed him instantly.

also my brother and mum are lucky to be here after a business rep of some kind was over taking a lorry on the phone realised he would not make it, he caused the lorry to JACKNIFE into my brother putting him on a life support machine also broken femur and arm and ribs the list goes on.... my mum had multiple ribs broken with dislocated shoulder and many other small wounds

try seeing ur borther on life support because of a man saying WE MUST REACH OUR TARGETS, COCK

i think people deserve all they get

I agree with you, but your going about it like a spolit badger wippet.

You need to mellow down, theres more problems in life to worry about.
mwg

11th Dec 09 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are some of you guys trying to give the impression that riding a bike means you are superior to all other road users? Maybe thats not how you mean it to sound but thats the way its coming across to me.
Corsa_Sport21

11th Dec 09 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I txt and talk on the phone while driving.Had plenty practice over the years so can do it quite easily.Never came close to crashing etc so ive never bothered to stop doing it.
My mum hates when i txt and drive,she goes mad.
Only been caught once in the last 8 years,and that was about 1 month before the new law came in.
X16joeXE

11th Dec 09 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wedge my phone into the top of my steering wheel, then if i get a call i put it on loud speaker, and if i get a txt i can read it with both hands on the wheel lol
Ben G

11th Dec 09 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do. i just set it to loud speaker and put it on my lap.

had bluetooth built in to my fiesta so it was fine but didn't get it on the focus
Dom

11th Dec 09 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
Our radios aren't handheld devices, we don't have to hold them to speak on them
all vehicles have car sets in, and the button you press to speak is on gear stick, or steering wheel.....

So try again

You'll find that a lot of panda police (certainly in Bedfordshire) still have the motorola radios with the external palm mic fixed to their vests, which requires you to press the trans/rec button - so technically not hands free....
Daimo B

11th Dec 09 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Why are some of you guys trying to give the impression that riding a bike means you are superior to all other road users? Maybe thats not how you mean it to sound but thats the way its coming across to me.

Im not at all.

I have a higher field of vision, and being on a bike my observation is a lot higher as it hurts me a lot more if I have an accident.

tbh, anyone in a car watching someone on the phone in front of them should be able to notice the poor driving.

The funny thing is people will go mental telling you that their driving was fine, yet you've just watched them swerve all over the place like a drunken driver.
Neo

11th Dec 09 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Im not at all.
I have a higher field of vision, and being on a bike my observation is a lot higher as it hurts me a lot more if I have an accident.
tbh, anyone in a car watching someone on the phone in front of them should be able to notice the poor driving.
The funny thing is people will go mental telling you that their driving was fine, yet you've just watched them swerve all over the place like a drunken driver.

Very Fair comment and I see it every day, however on flip side (and completely diverting away from the original thread) should Motorbike's not wait to overtake rather than undertake etc.

So many times I have found myself having just overtaken someone, seen the bike in my mirror, gone to move out his way as he does 100+ past me and for him to undertake me. For me watching and anticipating a lot of motorbike riders is far more dificult than setting a phone to loud speaker for example. Obviously there is and always will be exceptions, however your rant at graham did sound somewhat high-horse-esque.
Welsh Dan

11th Dec 09 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never use the phone whilst driving. The amount of people that haven't noticed us whilst we're on a blue light run because they're on the phone and pull out on us is unreal.
Daimo B

11th Dec 09 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neo, on a motorway, filter is legal, and we can't go round the outside. Filtering is safe as long as your observent. If people actually "mirror, signal, manouvered" there would be no accidents at all. Bikers sacrifice a nice warm car, a supportive seat, radio, heaten seats etc, to dress up like a michellin man, and get to work faster, without sitting in traffic.

tbh, I don't know any bikers who undertake on a road. And if the biker under-takes on a motorway but theres no traffic, then the question has to be asked, what is the car driver doing in the outside lane if there is nothing to his/her left anyway?

I am not saying however that there are no bad bikers, as there are plenty, and they get just as much abuse from me as a car driver would And as for couriers, well I was a bit of a mad un, but those boys, jessshhhh

[Edited on 11-12-2009 by VXR]
Neo

11th Dec 09 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Neo, on a motorway, filter is legal, and we can't go round the outside. Filtering is safe as long as your observent. If people actually "mirror, signal, manouvered" there would be no accidents at all.

tbh, I don't know any bikers who undertake on a road. And if the biker under-takes on a motorway but theres no traffic, then the question has to be asked, what is the car driver doing in the outside lane if there is nothing to his/her left anyway?

Never realised filtering was legal tbh, in standing traffic obviously. I tend to move over and let them overtake as if they are a car, less risk for both of us.

The situations where bikes undertake whilst i want to move over, is ussually when a truck is overtaking another, i'm sat behind the truck, he moves over and i pull away. By the time i'm a safe distance in front to move across the bike's acceleration and agility has been far greater and let him undertake even as i'm indicating i'm about to move.
Lynny

11th Dec 09 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
all vehicles have car sets in, and the button you press to speak is on gear stick, or steering wheel.....

So try again

You'll find that a lot of panda police (certainly in Bedfordshire) still have the motorola radios with the external palm mic fixed to their vests, which requires you to press the trans/rec button - so technically not hands free....

yes as do we, but as I said there is car sets to use in every vehicle so you're not using your pocket set, hence hands free
Daimo B

11th Dec 09 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo

Never realised filtering was legal tbh, in standing traffic obviously. I tend to move over and let them overtake as if they are a car, less risk for both of us.

The situations where bikes undertake whilst i want to move over, is ussually when a truck is overtaking another, i'm sat behind the truck, he moves over and i pull away. By the time i'm a safe distance in front to move across the bike's acceleration and agility has been far greater and let him undertake even as i'm indicating i'm about to move.

Yeah filtering is legal. The amount of arguements I used to have in the city over that one

Bad riding tbh. You should always give cars resonable time to move over. Sometimes cars wait for you to go past so you have to react to each situation.

Also, whilst riding, i can see the car drivers eyes off their own mirrors, so can see exactly what they are doing from behined them.
richc

11th Dec 09 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

I agree tbh and i ride bikes before anyone comments
Daimo B

11th Dec 09 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carry on reading to the end of the posts thus far Richard......
FlamingCorsa

11th Dec 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not read the post but best thing to stop using phone and driving for me was a stupid touch screen phone!!!!!!!!!

its near imposiable to text and drive etc so i dont bother anymore, to dangerious to try!

lol
M2RTY

11th Dec 09 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is,

that lass who crashed her car....police were able to check logs and she got mega done for it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6908710.stm
Nic Barnes

11th Dec 09 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i still do, have been caught and got points and a fine for holding a switched off mobile phone in my had while driving. i will still carry on.
fir3vip3r

11th Dec 09 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

So try again

i work in your border force..

Herts constabulary, We have the Same airwaves system as beds, In all our vehicles we can put the radios to act as a bluetooth system. but turns back into a normal phone/walkie talkie when out of the vehicle....

mattk

11th Dec 09 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car has bluetooth and a txt reader, never have to take the thing out of my pocket
pow
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish my sodding text reader worked
mwg

11th Dec 09 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I imagine that could be a bit embarrassing if you had someone else in the car depending what the text message was about
Carl

11th Dec 09 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are enough bad drivers without people texting etc, I agree it should be a fine and points, if you don't like it don't do it.
I can't do it, my driving goes a bit wayward on the odd occasions I have done it. I've also seen many examples of shit driving from people on their phones.
corsa120

11th Dec 09 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vxr i dont think i am being like that calling people selfish and inconsiderate makes me spoilt badger wippet.... because ive nearly seen 2 people DIE from mobile phone use.. and 1 actual death, maybe ur getting me wrong i dont actually care to be honest like you said i do better things to think about but i dont expect to be knocked off my bike because of some badger txting.

i am not narrow minded to think its just phones though its everything, i kind of agree with colin about how different peoples abilities are better than others, some people could txt and drive and while an older person can hardly take a roundabout safely with no phone....

but the law is the law and the minority have spoilt it for the majority its just politics we all have to suffer, its same as the recession i have NOT got myself into debt but i will still have to pay for every other badger who has!!!!

[Edited on 11-12-2009 by corsa120]

[Edited on 11-12-2009 by corsa120]

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again! 22 database queries in 0.0171301 seconds