corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rage Against The X Factor

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rage Against The X Factor
C2RL R

User status: Offline
15th Dec 09 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really don't care about who is number one. if i like a tune i'll buy it. i don't like either of these tracks though so couldn't give a shit.
John

15th Dec 09 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's been said already, but RATM, come on now, bunch of money grabbing twats.
ryzer

15th Dec 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo you are a legend.

its a fucking Miley Cyrus song that was shit originally, shit now, sounds the same as every other x factor winners song. i think the point is the RATM song is a complete opposite to that tat.
John

15th Dec 09 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's only the complete opposite sound wise though, it's equally shit and RATM are in it for exactly the same reason Simon is, money, money, money.
Tommy L

15th Dec 09 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Doyle, Im a bit confused as you've started this thread yet when you check your Youtube page (thanks for the person who U2U'd me this!) guess which song just happens to on your favourites...

http://www.youtube.com/user/doyle369#p/a

And before the delete...

[img]http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/3995/doylefav.jpg

oceansoul

15th Dec 09 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
It's only the complete opposite sound wise though, it's equally shit and RATM are in it for exactly the same reason Simon is, money, money, money.

But this campaign was nothing to do with rage. It wasnt started by them.
Dom

15th Dec 09 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
Both of whom are owned by Sony.

exactly! simon cowell will get a massive bonus from sony with all the extra sales.

he got a bonus last year for the jeff buckley sales (and also when he got the US winner to sing hallelujah too).

x factor will already have 200,000 pre-orders at least.

[Edited on 14-12-2009 by adiohead]

was about to say 'killing in the name' is owned by Sony, and i have a feeling Cowell is on the PRS for the track aswell - so this is an absolutely pointless task

And who cares anyways, if it comes on the radio/music channel just turn to a different station/channel....
John

15th Dec 09 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:

Rage/the goth fans they attract, makes no difference to the point, just makes the fans even bigger idiots than I originally thought they were.
AndyKent

15th Dec 09 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
was about to say 'killing in the name' is owned by Sony, and i have a feeling Cowell is on the PRS for the track aswell - so this is an absolutely pointless task

And who cares anyways, if it comes on the radio/music channel just turn to a different station/channel....

Not at all. If a track is raised up to number one (or the top ten at all tbh), then it shows that people can group together against something they don't like (or jump on the bandwagon, whatever).

If it makes it to the top 10, it shows people power.

Just unfortunate the money might be going his way anyway
mattk

15th Dec 09 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think lots of people are missing the point, the X factor is an easyway in for wannabe pop stars, bands like RATM have had to do all thheir own work writing,touring, securing a label ect where as this tit gets it all handed to him for the sake of winning a karaoke contest, I didnt ever see this as a thing against cowel
Gary
Premium Member

15th Dec 09 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:

Rage/the goth fans they attract, makes no difference to the point, just makes the fans even bigger idiots than I originally thought they were.

stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

Goth fans? WTF?
neil h

15th Dec 09 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats right, goths are big RATM fans lol. And for the sake of the conversation we'll ignore the political slant on alot of there songs/videos. lol.

Oh and for the people who wanna see it happen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8413557.stm
Cosmo

15th Dec 09 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
i think lots of people are missing the point, the X factor is an easyway in for wannabe pop stars, bands like RATM have had to do all thheir own work writing,touring, securing a label ect where as this tit gets it all handed to him for the sake of winning a karaoke contest, I didnt ever see this as a thing against cowel

Why does it matter how they make it?

More fool RATM for doing it the hard way.
John

15th Dec 09 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most people from the xfactor don't make it either.

All but the few that end up really popular go back to working in a hair salon or whatever it was they done originally.
Budgie

15th Dec 09 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The OCC's Martin Talbot said "two different records have captured the nation's imagination".

one imagination being lets all buy someones copied record who has just fast tracked their way to the music world
the other being lets not do that 1st one

[Edited on 15-12-2009 by Budgie]
Joe

15th Dec 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by mattk

Why does it matter how they make it?

More fool RATM for doing it the hard way.

To be fair they didn't make it the hard way, they just went about it the normal way. There was no massive talent contests in the early 90's even if there was they aren't for bands and even if there was one for bands only people into 'alternative' music would have thought they were good.
mattk

15th Dec 09 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its shit television and im glad its fucked off till next year, the charts are for the kids, Il stick with my classic rock that I can really appriciate
John

15th Dec 09 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stopped paying any attention to the charts the exact week crazy frog got to number one, I can remember the exact moment
Baskey

15th Dec 09 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Showing as number 1 on itunes, must of shifted a few copies

[Edited on 15-12-2009 by Baskey]
Jules S
Premium Member

15th Dec 09 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
To be fair they didn't make it the hard way, they just went about it the normal way. There was no massive talent contests in the early 90's even if there was they aren't for bands and even if there was one for bands only people into 'alternative' music would have thought they were good.

I'm not sure that's the point either (although Cosmo is stirring matters up again )

Prior to Cowell getting his ideas on TV it cost mawillions to promote a new band and get an album released.

Now we have SC flexing his media muscles and shows like x-factor etc pay for themselves...and pay for themselves many times over when one tv show spawns numerous acts.
Nic Barnes

15th Dec 09 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i disagree with pretty much everything john has written in here. he just doesnt have a grasp on the reality of the situation.
Carl

15th Dec 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Downloaded, I like the RATM track and I like the idea of it being Christmas number 1.
Tiger

16th Dec 09 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Xfactor is karaoke, RATM is music as per the charts should be. Music is what the backing tape xfactor contestants sings to. The person that is singing along to the 'music' is the smallest link in the chain and should not be charted.
mattk

16th Dec 09 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RATM have today said that all the royalites from the sales of the record over christmas will be put towards charities that involve young children and music
ChrisBoom

16th Dec 09 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First time ive even actually bought music online, done

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rage Against The X Factor 22 database queries in 0.2554419 seconds