corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » fast lane

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fast lane
Nath

User status: Offline
9th Feb 10 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh, still not the 'fast lane' and is still an overtaking lane.
maxlee

9th Feb 10 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you need is a car that needs jumping every day with a bonnet pull cable that is snapped that way you don't use the motor way as over 55 your bonnet flips up problem solved A roads are were its at!
A2H GO

9th Feb 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
The reason is that there's a rule that says that you must, which is for the benefit of other motorists, particularly those whose speed you've misjudged, or who you haven't observed.

If you were plodding along at an indicated 70mph in lane three, that means there's probably a 10% margin in which people could approach and still be legal, and you would be in the way.

So you're in lane 3 doing an indicated 70 - lets say 63 for the sake of differentiating your speed from other motorists - and someone overtakes behind you. The car they are overtaking is doing 66 and they are doing 70. They are in lane 1 and 2 respectively. Where are you going to go upon their approach?

They're going faster than you and are to your left.

Scale it up a bit and introduce illegal speeds for the sake of argument. The cars are in lanes 1 and 2 doing 80 and 90. And you're a bloody hazard.

I agree with what you're saying but 80mph in lane 1 of any UK motorway is near impossible. I hardly reach 40 before needing to pull over for some idiot.

Constantly pulling to lane 1 following an overtake would take you forever to get anywhere and more lane changes = more chance of an accident.
Paul_J

9th Feb 10 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
No you can't. You keep a left unless you're overtaking

[Edited on 08-02-2010 by ed]

This is the problem with uk motorways imo...

The majority of drivers don't understand what the lanes are about.

90% of drivers just sit in the middle lane.

Doyle when you were doing 70mph in the outside lane, were there any cars on the inside or middle lane next to you, or could you of just pulled in? ...

I do ~ 80-90 on most motorways cruising along, most cars generally do.
Dom

9th Feb 10 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Or do what we do in Europe and just open the taps and leave the indicator on, the Europeans are well disciplined in moving out of the way of the English.

I've noticed that a fair amount around Europe, drivers will wack on their indicator whilst hammering it up the 2nd/3rd lane - i'm guessing it's their way of flashing lights? Eitherway, indicate and everyone moves right out of the way

Middle lane and 3rd lane hoggers really get my goat, more so when you're trundling up the motorway and there isn't anything around for miles and you get some silly c*nt stuck in the middle lane
Fro

9th Feb 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattfiesta
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
The only problem with the inside lane are the sheer amount of pot holes.

Middle lane is usually nice and smooth which is why people love to hog it and not move over.

Can't say I've noticed a difference in smoothness between the different lanes and I don't think I've ever hit a pot hole on the motorway, theyre the best maintained roads.

Parts of the M25 i travel on have horrendous left lanes, potholes and makeshift fixes galore.
Fro

9th Feb 10 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Or do what we do in Europe and just open the taps and leave the indicator on, the Europeans are well disciplined in moving out of the way of the English.

I've noticed that a fair amount around Europe, drivers will wack on their indicator whilst hammering it up the 2nd/3rd lane - i'm guessing it's their way of flashing lights? Eitherway, indicate and everyone moves right out of the way

Middle lane and 3rd lane hoggers really get my goat, more so when you're trundling up the motorway and there isn't anything around for miles and you get some silly c*nt stuck in the middle lane

Even worse when there is no one around and they are just coming onto the left lane from a slip road and they jump into the middle lane doing 60 ish for no reason!
Nath

9th Feb 10 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lane 1 is fucked because of lorries most of the time. They almost make grooves in the road from the constant wear and tear they cause.
Fro

9th Feb 10 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can almost take your hands off the wheel in some of those grooves and you'll stay in the lane
Daimo B

9th Feb 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport

I agree with what you're saying but 80mph in lane 1 of any UK motorway is near impossible. I hardly reach 40 before needing to pull over for some idiot.

Constantly pulling to lane 1 following an overtake would take you forever to get anywhere and more lane changes = more chance of an accident.

Rubbish.

I've sat for ages on the inside lane, frequently.

What people don't get is the traffic it causes. Lets take rush hour.

Dozy twonk sits in middle lane of 3 lane motorway.

this means all legal motorists now only have 1 lane to overtake. So instead of 2 lines of traffic flowing past the slow car, there is only 1 lane, that 3 lanes of traffic have to merge into to get passed. This is why people don't use the inside lane, as they can never get out to overtake. Honestly i've driven for miles sometimes in the inside lane, overtaking literally a hundred cars (whilst sitting at the speed limit) beucase of a few idiots sitting in the middle lane, and the outside lane being like a carpark nose to tail.

I've heard the excuse "well i feel safer in the middle lane in case something happens.". What utter BS.

A) If you got a puncture, you want to get off the motorway as fast as possible.
B) Lanes 1+2 are effectivly the same with runoff area as theres usually a hard shoulder, so why be in lane 2, its actually is worse off.

Middle lane tossers = ingnorent selfish twats, who cannot drive properly, nor have any understanding of lane discipline.

Even the French do it right, hence making said Brits look even worse!! Out-done by Frenchies. Frenchies drive well.
Daimo B

9th Feb 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle

Parts of the M25 i travel on have horrendous left lanes, potholes and makeshift fixes galore.

Anti-clockwise of M25 is being re-surfaced.

Fro

9th Feb 10 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They need to hurry up and get to the part where it meets the a12 its fubbard
Daimo B

9th Feb 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M25 sucks like a ladyboy in Thailand.

I really hate it, and a reason I haven't been near the M1 in a few years now

I used to be going up it for some car show, or to other corsa owners houses every weekend.

Mind you, roads were quieter back then too
shaunmods
Premium Member

9th Feb 10 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What really annoys me is when your in the inside lane and some idiot comes up in the middle lane and just sits next to you so you cant speed up

I just undertake anyone sitting in the middle lane now. They still dont get the message though

[Edited on 09-02-2010 by shaunmods]
Fro

9th Feb 10 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M1 seems to be alot better now, some nice new tarmac in parts

Shaun - That also gets on my nerves Same with people flying up behind you so you move over then they sit infront of you and start pootling

AND people that dont move over if the lane is free. E.g if you're in lane 1 and want to overtake so you indicate to move into the middle lane but there are cars there. 3rd lane is completely clear but they dont move over!

[Edited on 09-02-2010 by fro-dizzle]
Ben G

9th Feb 10 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the m25 was what i was talking about with regards to pot holes. it's a right state.

m11 however lovely and smooth.
Daimo B

9th Feb 10 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the M1 finished now then? 4 lanes?

Gone are the days when it was 3 lanes and that done the job right (mainly becuase people had lane control).

Honesltly, its only been a problem in this modern era Labour chav run britain. Pre "chav" word britain (only came about 2003 ish as a brand of person), when people still thought for themselves, it wasn't so bad Or at least I don't remember it being.

That area between 14-15 (?) that goes on for miles... We'd be sat in the inside lane, in convoy of 20 corsas, at 70mph for ages, only overtaking lorries and bloody caravans.

The A2 is 4 lanes now. The amount of times i've been in lane 1, and someone is in lane 4 is a joke. They just get a head shake from me and I carry on my way. No-one will listen or change for you, so just show your disgust and carry on
antnee

9th Feb 10 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
The A2 is 4 lanes now. The amount of times i've been in lane 1, and someone is in lane 4 is a joke. They just get a head shake from me and I carry on my way. No-one will listen or change for you, so just show your disgust and carry on

I usually beep
pow
Premium Member

9th Feb 10 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love a bit of the old flash flashy.

What also gets me is people who will sit in lane 2 of a dual carrage way doing 55/60 because in 3 miles they want to turn right. Move over you fucktards
cjohnson

9th Feb 10 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GTF Doyle! You waste of a human being.
Tiger

9th Feb 10 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Grinds my gears tbh. Not just people not moving from the outside lane but this thread too.

If your on the motorway, you are in the inside, when you need to overtake you move out and back in. Highway code.

If someone is overtaking and you wish to overtake them, use the outside lane, but as quickly as possible move back to the inside.

The amount of cock jockeys on the motorway that can't manage this baffles me. I can quite happily sit at 85 leptons and move from inside to middle to inside and not find it a chore.

Then you have some complete tool who won't move out of the outside lane, will sit at 65 mph trying to set the world to rights, people then start queueing leaving the middle and inside lanes empty.

If I ever get in trouble for untaking (I move from the outside to inside) in this scenario I'd want to take it to court and fight that the other driver was causing a hazard.

Really is my biggest gripe as I do between 500 and 1000 motorway miles a week

Fucking AMEN - you've said EXACTLY what I was thinking....
Tiger

9th Feb 10 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People also forget its 70MPH MAXIMUM and that if people wish to sit at 60mph or whatever then so be it, overtake and get back in lane.

That doesnt mean if someone is doing 71mph you can break the speed limit and overtake them.

The rules are black and white, i'm not saying people abide by them, I don't, but they are the rules of the road, the law etc etc.

[Edited on 09-02-2010 by Tiger]
antnee

9th Feb 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Grinds my gears tbh. Not just people not moving from the outside lane but this thread too.

If your on the motorway, you are in the inside, when you need to overtake you move out and back in. Highway code.

If someone is overtaking and you wish to overtake them, use the outside lane, but as quickly as possible move back to the inside.

The amount of cock jockeys on the motorway that can't manage this baffles me. I can quite happily sit at 85 leptons and move from inside to middle to inside and not find it a chore.

Then you have some complete tool who won't move out of the outside lane, will sit at 65 mph trying to set the world to rights, people then start queueing leaving the middle and inside lanes empty.

If I ever get in trouble for untaking (I move from the outside to inside) in this scenario I'd want to take it to court and fight that the other driver was causing a hazard.

Really is my biggest gripe as I do between 500 and 1000 motorway miles a week

Fucking AMEN - you've said EXACTLY what I was thinking....
Mike GSi

9th Feb 10 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doyle does it piss you off when you're on a duel carriageway wanting to travel at 70 MPH, then a lorry limited to 56mph overtakes another lorry limited to 56 MPH and takes about a week to do so?

Also Check your mirrors for aproaching vehicles and pay attention to how fast they might be aproaching you. Not to forget your blind spot!

Nothing pisses me off more than when im traveling at a steady speed and someone pulls out infront of me, when they could have waited for me to pass then overtake.

Read the Road before overtaking and dont take all day about it!
Jake

9th Feb 10 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any motorway driving ive done - specifically the M1, ive stuck in the middle lane for the majority of the journey. The way i look at it, if im constantly over taking cars in the inside lane why the fuck should i have to keep moving between the two?

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » fast lane 22 database queries in 0.1153221 seconds